Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Governor Walz and Lt. Governor Flanagan 2022 Proposed Bonding Package  (Read 2356 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Governor Walz and Lt. Governor Flanagan 2022 Proposed Bonding Package
With Minnesota’s legislative session just around the corner, we want to provide you with an update on the Governor Walz and Lt. Governor Flanagan 2022 bonding package.

As you may have heard, on Tuesday Governor Walz and Lt. Governor Flanagan announced their plan to invest in local jobs and projects as part of their Move Minnesota Forward budget package. This portion of the budget is also referred to as the “bonding package.” The Walz-Flanagan bonding package focuses on expanding access to safe and affordable housing, building safer roads and bridges, upgrading higher education facilities, improving energy efficiency, preserving our environment, and maintaining and renewing existing assets through an investment of $2 billion in infrastructure projects across the state.

The DNR is pleased to report that the proposal includes $221.4 million for the DNR, which amounts to approximately 11 percent of the total proposal. The largest element of the proposed bonding investments for the DNR is $110.8 million to care for existing assets, including buildings; water and wastewater systems; roads, trails and bridges; public water access sites; and water control structures. The proposal also includes significant investments in modernizing, expanding or developing facilities that support natural resource management and outdoor recreation; addressing inadequate and unsafe office space; and investing in DNR-managed public lands.

Key investments are:

$110.8 million to address deferred maintenance and preserve existing assets (i.e., “Natural Resources Asset Preservation”)
$36.4 million for modernizing or expanding existing facilities and investing in new facilities to address current and future needs (i.e., “Betterment of Buildings”)
$20 million for flood hazard mitigation grants
$15 million for investments in public lands
$12 million for the continued development of Lake Vermilion-Soudan Underground Mine State Park
$8 million for dam safety repair, reconstruction, and removal
$7.8 million for wildfire aviation infrastructure
$5 million for accessibility improvements at state parks and wildlife management areas
$5 million for community tree planting grants
$1 million for grants to local and regional parks and trails
This is an ambitious budget, and rightly so. It’s a clear indication that the Walz-Flanagan Administration understands the importance of these investments to the DNR’s ability to serve Minnesotans. These investments will allow us to advance the DNR’s mission and address critical issues such as climate change, improving access to the outdoors, and rehabilitating aging infrastructure. They are also important investments for Minnesota communities and quality of life throughout the state.

As we near the start of this important legislative session, we know there is lots of interest in DNR’s legislative priorities. You are invited to a conversation with DNR leadership on this topic at our next Commissioners’ Office Hours on Thursday, January 20 from 3:30-4:30 p.m. These monthly, virtual events are opportunities for you to talk to and ask questions of DNR’s senior leadership on specific topics. You can find more information and register by visiting the DNR’s website. 

We hope to see you then!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I don't see anything in there for combating CWD. :confused:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Well better then the George Floyd public library!  :bonk: :bonk: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I think I saw Spirit Mountain in Duluth is getting a big chunk. Like $12 million. So Spirit Mountain must be owned by the city?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I think I saw Spirit Mountain in Duluth is getting a big chunk. Like $12 million. So Spirit Mountain must be owned by the city?
didn't they get a good chunk of money to keep them open and out of bankruptcy not to long ago??? :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!