Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Twins  (Read 107947 times)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
What a game they played last night.  Good win!
:happy1: :cool: Good job by Thielbar to get out of the 8th inning but I thought Fulmer was going to walk in the tying run. :crazy: Good play by Miranda to get to the bag on the last out too. Lopez pitched pretty good IMO too, but he wasn't getting ANY calls.:doah: Bundy @ 7:10 tonight.

Lopez got screwed, but Thielbar and Fulmer were given a couple of gifts.  Ump was all over the place.

The Twins looked like they were trying to give it away, but they hung tough. 

Only 1.5 back from the "Team Formerly Know as the Tribe" with 3 to play at home.  Lets go!   :taz: training-087 :dancinred:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Interesting discussion last night about possible rule changes for next year. Rules committee meets today.

2 infielders on each side of 2nd base
Infielders must have 1 foot on the dirt.
Time clock on pitchers....15 seconds with no one on base. 20 seconds with runners on
Batter can call only 1 time out and step out of box.
Mechanical strike zone.

I like all of this 'cept maybe the dirt rule.  Don't different parks have different infield grass/dirt configurations?   :confused:

Heard the guys on the broadcast talking about mechanical strike zone the other day.  They were envisioning a system where the ump would still make the calls real-time, but there could be challenges.  They figured the umps union wouldn't want their guys behind the plate in harms way of getting hit by pitches just to make calls at the plate and listen for foul tips and hit batters.

I think I like the idea.  And I am anxious to see if the umpire calls get better after they implement something like that.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Exclusive coverage on Apple TV + :rolleyes:, no BSNOR tonight!  :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Exclusive coverage on Apple TV + :rolleyes:, no BSNOR tonight!  :pouty:

The Twins game is on Apple TV?  What is BSNOR

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Bally Sports North (local cable)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Once they get Larnach & Kirilloff back thats the last you will ever see of Celestino.
:scratch: Larnach went on the 60-day IL on 9/1 & for Kirilloff it was 8/23, so I don't think either of them will see much more action this season.

I didn't necessarily mean this year. He is another Jake Cave without the instincts Cave has.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Committee passed new rules today for next year....Didn't see anything about an electronic strike caller.

Two infielders will be required to be on either side of second and all infielders to be within the outer boundary of the infield when the pitcher is on the rubber. Infielders may not switch sides unless there is a substitution, but five-man infields will still be allowed.

The pitch clock will be set at 15 seconds with no runners on base and 20 seconds with runners.

There will be a limit of two of what MLB calls disengagements — pickoff attempts or steps off the rubber — per plate appearance, and a balk would be called for a third or more unless there is an out.

A catcher is required to be in the catcher's box with nine seconds left on the clock and a hitter in the batter's box and focused on the pitcher with eight seconds remaining.

A batter can ask an umpire for time once per plate appearance.

Base size will increase to 18-inch squares from 15.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Just additional stuff to change a game that wasn't broken. What was broken is the greed among owners, players, media. They are the ones that ruined the game.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Down big early but came back late, to end up losing 7-6. Correa, Miranda, & Urshela did most of the damage at the plate. It says 6:15 for tonight's game & looks like it's on Fox.
« Last Edit: September 09/10/22, 08:27:30 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Only 2 pick off attempts?  That ought to favor base stealers.

No defensive shift and a  bigger bat, that should also help offense.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
They mailed it in tonight. Hopefully Cleveland can complete the sweep and put a end to this edition of mediocrity.

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I’m kinda impressed with Miranda.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
They need a Major League training staff that knows how to keep guys healthy and in the lineup.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: If Archer goes on the IL they will have the most players out of any team but it's NOT ONLY the Twins as every team has had an unusually high # of injuries this year. :doah: Heard more than 1 blame it on the lockout & shortened Spring Training. :confused:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Bringing in rookie Cole Sands was a disaster. He walked 5 guys and hit 2. 2 of them with the bases loaded. Bad decision by Baldelli.
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: If Archer goes on the IL they will have the most players out of any team but it's NOT ONLY the Twins as every team has had an unusually high # of injuries this year. :doah: Heard more than 1 blame it on the lockout & shortened Spring Training. :confused:

Maybe.  I still think "bigger, stronger, faster" plays a big role i injuries.  Every play is 100% max effort.

Everyone hails defensers who crash into walls and dive into the seats to make catches, but all that contact takes a toll.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
4.5 back and dropping like a rock.

With so many Twins on the injured list, you could say the Guards put a more talented team on the field last weekend, but I'm not buying it.

The Twins gave up early leads in all three games by pitchers who were supposed to perform better than they did.

I'd say the the Guardians "wanted it" more than the Twins did.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Maybe.  I still think "bigger, stronger, faster" plays a big role i injuries.  Every play is 100% max effort.

Everyone hails defensers who crash into walls and dive into the seats to make catches, but all that contact takes a toll.
Oh, I agree Steve-o & that's why some of the most successful players of our generation, MJ & TB12 come to mind, have gotten away from lifting a lot of weight & bulking up IMO too. Instead, they got more into cardio & stretching while closely watching what they eat.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
5 games behind Cleveland now.

Up next:  3 games with KC followed by 5 games at Cleveland.

None of this one-game-at-a-time  :bs:

If these lad's want a chance at winning the division, they'd better figure out a way to win 7 of the next 8 games. :popcorn:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
They are under .500 for the first time since April. Just aren't the same team as since then.  :pouty: :pouty:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, time for Baldeli to write something inspirational on the blackboard before the game...

("No retreat.  No surrender." has already been taken.)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
They are under .500 for the first time since April. Just aren't the same team as since then:pouty: :pouty:

They might be the same but Cleveland and the White Sux are playing like the game matters.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Ryan did not look like he was happy about being pulled after 7 to lose his shot at a no hitter.

Moran made it interesting (for KC fans) in the 9th giving up 3 runs with two men still on base when the final out was made.

Teams that play "not-to-lose" are seldom champions.

But to Baldeli's credit, they are looking at a stretch of 8 games in 7 days with 5 against Cleveland. 

Hopefully, not allowing Ryan to throw 120+ pitches last night will help him recover for his start against Cleveland.  And allowing Moran to pitch 2 innings with a 6 run lead will keep the other bullpen pitchers fresher.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
They did what they needed to do against KC, but anything less than 4 out of the next 5 against the Guardians will mean lights out for Your Minnesota Twins.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: They have 2 guys coming off the IL, Ober & Winder, scheduled to start the 1st 2 games so I hope they have good outings, or the bullpen will be shot before they even play the 2nd game of Saturday's doubleheader. :rolleyes:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
:scratch: They have 2 guys coming off the IL, Ober & Winder, scheduled to start the 1st 2 games so I hope they have good outings, or the bullpen will be shot before they even play the 2nd game of Saturday's doubleheader. :rolleyes:

I suspect the Baldelli led bullpen is already running on fumes and has been for the last 2 1/2 months.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Took the wife to the game last night.  Great night to watch a game.  Best part was the tickets were FREE.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is great DK!!!   Have fun. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you both look very happy!!!    and I'll bet it was fun!!!!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!