Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Twins  (Read 108042 times)

Offline birdswacker

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
The rookie that started today Matt Wallner deserves a standing ovation!
My son played baseball with him in HS!
I’ve known him since he was about 10 years old the kid is a class act

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Congrats to him for making it to the big leagues AND hitting his first hr today. Well done young man.   :bow:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
6 games back (7 if you factor in that Cleveland holds the tie breaker against us) and only one game against the Guardians (today).

16 games to go.

If Cleveland plays .500 ball the rest of the way, the Twins would need to win 15 of 16 to win the division.  (Those numbers might not be exact, but I think they are close.)

It was a good run with lots of bright spots on the team this year.  It was a fun summer and more hope again for next year as they'll get a lot of guys back.

I sure hope Correa sees it the same way and gives the Twins one more year.

If they could just figure out how to keep Buxton healthy for an entire year.  :doah:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Bright spots for me....

Starting pitching. With the exception of Archer it was fine.
Bullpen prior to July when Baldelli had already burned them up.
Miranda
Gordon
Lewis
Urshala
First 1/2 Arreaz

Bad spots

Kepler all year
Catching all year
Pegan
Archer
Baldelli
Polanco

What I expected

Correa
Sano
Celestino
2nd 1/2 Arreaz
Front office. 6 years and they haven't shown me much other than they can hype a farm system.

As Denny Green would say.......they are who we thought they are.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I agree with everythig you are saying.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't expect anything from Sano either.  In fact, it was probably for the best he wasn't hogging a place in the lineup.  It gave younger players a chance to play more frequently.

Baldeli sure did "baby" Archer.  Don't know if he is under control next year, but with a full off-season, let's see if they can help him take the next step.

I'll also be looking forward to see if Arreaz can make the adjustment next year.  Seems the league figured him out the second half of the season and everything he hit went right to a defensive player.

Yes, they are who we thought they were, but the sure made it interesting - and with a lot of 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Archer will be gone next year. Maeda & Ober will be ready to go.

The 2 players on each side of second rule should help guys like Arreaz & Kepler.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
During 1 of the last couple game, I heard Bremer say that they've used the most starting pitchers of anybody in MLB this year, 33. He also added that they have had 84 different players on the roster so far this season. Really like what I've seen out of Duran this season, hope he stays healthy.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I believe the # is 37 pitchers now. Ober and Duran were decent, the rest of the stuff the front office hyped so hard last year in the minors aren't ready.

Be very interesting to see what the off season brings. I believe the time is running out on Rocco & Levine. I think Falvey would jump ship if another job came along.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Disappointing season after great start. To many injuries. 6 games under .500 Oh well. :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

Arrease wins batting title. He is now among elite Twins company from the past.
 :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats to him! Just wait til next year, management is putting up a bigger scoreboard and more uniforms for the boys, money well spent!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats to him! Just wait til next year, management is putting up a bigger scoreboard and more uniforms for the boys, money well spent!

oh boy!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
First up for next year. What to do with Cabrera? Is he worth 35 million a year. Can that money be better spent towards starting pitching. Some good ace pitchers up for free agency.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a great question.  I sure like Correa's leadership on the field - and with so many players getting hurt (on all teams, not just the Twins), you can never have enough quality in fielders.

Don't know if the Twins would be able to trade Correa at that price.  I know Correa has an opt-out clause, but I don't think the Twins do.

The Twins should have some starting pitching returning from injury for next season, and they may be tempted to see what they got next year (that is... what they should have had this year).

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
It will come down to.....are the Twins willing to make a long term commitment or if he should start seeing other people (aka opt-out to free agency.)

I'm guessing he would want something like 10 years at $325 million. That's a heck of a lot. A lot more than they signed Buxton to last year.....$100 million for 7 years. I doubt he will be willing to sign on the extension for another year.

Will Royce Lewis be ready to play shortstop next year?

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd be surprised if the Twins were willing to give Correa a long term deal - especially with Lewis waiting in the wings.

I guess it all depends on whether or not Correa wants to go to free agency this year or next year.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Interesting comment from a reporter about Bally Sports North and the way they announced the Twins games.....

"Television viewers are treated like chum by the sharks at Bally Sports North whose merciless hunt for revenue makes Old Man Potter look like Mother Teresa. It is exhausting chasing Twins telecasts across costlier cable, satellite and streaming platforms only to be insulted once they get there."

"Fans are treated like chumps by announcers conditioned to sanitize what we can see, hear and read with our own eyes. It’s intellectually dishonest to bury the hard realities of this epic collapse under transparent silver linings and relentless happy talk."

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd be surprised if the Twins were willing to give Correa a long term deal - especially with Lewis waiting in the wings.

I guess it all depends on whether or not Correa wants to go to free agency this year or next year.
:scratch: Seen a recent BSN interview that he pretty much said he'd like to stay, at least for 2023, but he hadn't heard much from management so........................ :confused: I believe there'll be at least 2 or 3 other top level SS going FA next year too & that may play into it too. Personally, I'd like to see him come back.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
3 years $100M isn't "long term" enough for some people. 

He's looking for a raise AND a long term deal after an offensive down year?   :confused:

g'luck.

P.S.  Ask the Cardinals how that long term deal for Albert Pujols worked out.  :embarrassed:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: He finished the season with a .291 batting average & his career average is .279, so he had a good season IMO. His other stats are very close to his career averages as well. https://www.espn.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/32653/carlos-corre I can't fault him for wanting to get paid what the current market rate is either. But I'm not sure the Twins can compete with the big market clubs with a long-term deal either. Bogaerts, Turner, & Swanson are all young & going to be FA shortstops this year.  IMO at least 1 of them will sign a huge, at least $300 - $400 mil/7-10-year deal. I don't see the Twins as wanting to do that. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: October 10/09/22, 08:03:29 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
3 years $100M isn't "long term" enough for some people. 

He's looking for a raise AND a long term deal after an offensive down year?   :confused:

g'luck.

P.S.  Ask the Cardinals how that long term deal for Albert Pujols worked out. :embarrassed:

I have no idea what your point is. Pujols went to the Angels, the Cardinals declined to over-pay for him. You can say not signing Pujols lead to Goldschmidt & Arenado. Plus they bring Albert back on a cheap one years deal and he proceeds to pass 700 homeruns. I don't think things could have worked out any better for the Cardinals.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: db will be happy ..... https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/after-13-years-sano-e2-80-99s-time-with-the-twins-organization-ends/ar-AA13Q8Yd ........at least for a little while. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: No way, he's worth $14 mil for 1 more :thumbs:, kind of curious to see what he signs for & who with.
« Last Edit: November 11/08/22, 10:42:47 AM by Gunner55 »

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Twins also cut Bundy and Archer. Going to need a new pitching staff. Should have enough money with not paying those 2 and $35 million to Correa.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The Bundy & Archer contracts were cheap by todays standards. My guess is they  both move on rather than sign back here for less yet. Sano? He would make a great DH in Philly with the short porch. He could bat 8th, hit .220 with 30 bombs and strike out 200 times.

It still amazes me to this day how long people thought he was the answer.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Maeda, Ober, & Winder will all get a shot at a spot in the rotation IMO. Maeda's coming off TJ surgery though so I wouldn't be surprised to see 'em sign at least 1 FA starter too.
« Last Edit: November 11/08/22, 03:23:24 PM by Gunner55 »

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
At one time Buxton was number 2 and Sano number 3 in all of minor league baseball. Twins fans thought here we go. Wouldn't be surprised if he signs somewhere and winds up being another David Ortiz. Wouldn't that be the sh*ts.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
At one time Buxton was number 2 and Sano number 3 in all of minor league baseball. Twins fans thought here we go. Wouldn't be surprised if he signs somewhere and winds up being another David Ortiz. Wouldn't that be the sh*ts.
Would tell us about our hitting coaches over the years.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

I don't think Sano has the drive to be great. He's made a bunch of money and can go back to the island and eat cheeseburgers the rest of his life. No matter what he turns into I'm fine with him gone.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I agree, they've invested enough time & money in him. It's time to move on.