Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Twins  (Read 172471 times)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Will wonders never cease? 

Baldelli let Joe Ryan pitch the complete game: 111 pitches, three scattered hits, and a shutout! :happy1:  I didn't see how many strikeouts Joe had, but Bremmer said in the 9th inning that he was throwing 79% strikes.   :cheesy:  In the few times I checked in, Joe looked :cool: and in control.  My wife said Buxton also had a couple o' dongs. 

I hope this was in some way a positive message from the manager to the players and it jumpstarts their flagging performance.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I doubt it was a change of philosophy on Roccos part. More likely the Red Sox were rolling over and playing dead combined with the Maeda start coming, which Rocco will need all the bullpen hands on deck and available.

Tigers don't change their stripes.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
And Buxton had 2 home runs. Both over 460 feet. Longest of the season. And 1 last night.

Red Sox scored 19 runs the first 2 games and only 4 the last 2. 
:drinking: :drinking:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great game.  I just got into baseball when I retired 5 years ago so still a novice.  That is the first shutout game I have ever seen.  How great that it was Ryan who seems like a good guy.   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They have 3 games against the team with the best record in the NL, the Braves, after Detroit too. Then 3 with the team that has the 3rd best record in the AL, Baltimore.  :scratch:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Twins reinstate RHP Kenta Maeda from injured list

Minnesota Twins right-hander Kenta Maeda was reinstated from the 15-day injured list to start Friday's game against the host Detroit Tigers

Maeda (0-4, 9.00 ERA) was sidelined with a right triceps strain since he left a start on April 26, when he surrendered 10 runs in three-plus innings against the New York Yankees.

Kyle Garlick Designated for Assignment By Minnesota Twins

Kyle Garlick was designated for assignment by the Minnesota Twins, the team announced Tuesday, likely ending a tenure that lasted three seasons.

The 31-year-old outfielder spent the majority of the season with the Twins Triple-A affliate in St. Paul, and Garlick struggled there hitting .210 with 7 home runs and 21 RBI.

It was a disappointing time for Garlick with the Twins as well, as he went 5-for-28 with two home runs up in Minneapolis.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The risk of pitching him or Pagan is about the same. He's a lefty, still standing vertical, they will give him a chance in the bullpen after a few St. Paul innings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Kind of what I was thinking too.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: Julien couldn't make the double play in the 2nd & that leads to their big inning. :rolleyes: Then De Leon walks off before he even faces a batter & will be placed on the 15-day IL. Not mention Buxton not being able to finish the game. :doah:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Major League Baseball is looking into a designated runner rule. It will be called the "China Doll" rule. How it will work is Buxton no longer will need to run anywhere at anytime. The last out previous to Buxton hitting will stand alongside Buxton in the batters area. If Buxton hits the ball the designated person will run and Buxton gets to go directly back to the dugout. Should the ball be a homerun Buxton will be allowed a slow stroll around the bases thus enabling him to mug for the cameras. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Major League Baseball is looking into a designated runner rule. It will be called the "China Doll" rule. How it will work is Buxton no longer will need to run anywhere at anytime. The last out previous to Buxton hitting will stand alongside Buxton in the batters area. If Buxton hits the ball the designated person will run and Buxton gets to go directly back to the dugout. Should the ball be a homerun Buxton will be allowed a slow stroll around the bases thus enabling him to mug for the cameras.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: That probably won't be needed  ;) :rolleyes: :smiley: as he was able to play today. Nice win, on to Atlanta.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
All he did was pinch hit, Julien was the DH today I think.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Yup, he looked better goin to 1st than he did Saturday though.  :huh: I didn't know Vazquez could play 1st base.  :scratch: Like to see Taylor find his bat again too.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll bet Vazquez didn't know he knew how to play first base either.   :bonk:

Buxton... Is he always going to be a shadow of his former self?  Will it take another full off season to heal?  Will the Twins shut him down at some point if they fall out of contention?

His prime at the plate that was all too short.  We just assume that surgeons can patch these guys up good as new, but it doesn't always pan out that way.   :pouty:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya it's getting kind of sad really. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We got a little help from the guy at 3rd when they tied it up in the 8th. :happy1: :cool: Correa was probably out at home in the 10th too, if the catcher had held on to the ball. :scratch:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw this article...  The Best Player the Twins Could Acquire at the Trade Deadline

St. Louis Cardinals first baseman, Paul Goldschmidt’s bat would fit perfect with the Twins for a few reasons. First of all, as a right-handed hitter the reigning NL MVP would help the Twins immensely with their struggles against left-handed pitchers...

I'm not going to repeat the contents here, but I sure hope the brain trust doesn't mortgage the farm to get a one-year rental for this year's bunch of underachievers.  This is not the team to go all-in with.   :undecided:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I'm good with Kirilloff if Rocco would play him every day.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
More solid contact on WWE Rasslin tonight than the Twins hitters put up against Strider.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree, we don't need Goldschmidt. Kirilloff has really struggled against lefties (.111), Solano has been quite a bit better (.279), even Gallo is at .212.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
More solid contact on WWE Rasslin tonight than the Twins hitters put up against Strider.
:scratch: He's won his last 5 starts & does lead the league in strikeouts. Atlanta's 51 wins & 3.81 ERA has them 2nd only to TB this year too. Not to mention they've been hot, going 18-4 in June. :doah:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
De Leon out for the season. Second Tommy John surgery needed. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I agree, we don't need Goldschmidt. Kirilloff has really struggled against lefties (.111), Solano has been quite a bit better (.279), even Gallo is at .212.

Yes but Kirilloff is the future. Solano & Gallo won't be around long. Kirilloff needs the at bats.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They want to win now too or the Arraez trade won't sit well with a lot of people. Besides, Rocco has always been all about the matchups. :rolleyes:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
getting rid of Arraez wasthe dumbest things the Twins ever did.  :doofus: :thumbs: :bs: but hen i'm still pissed that Viola won MVP of that one world series . Gladden should of gotten it!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: Don't you have some female hygiene products that you need to put on the shelf? :mooning: Instead of harassing the baseball guys. :pouty:  Oh wait, it's only Tuesday!!  :sleazy:           :nerd: ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:       

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: Don't you have some female hygiene products that you need to put on the shelf? :mooning: Instead of harassing the baseball guys. :pouty:  Oh wait, it's only Tuesday!!  :sleazy:           :nerd: ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:       
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: naw dont do that isle. i do the coffee, juice, cracker and cookie isle!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

but i almost spit coffee out reading that!!!!!!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Buxton, Gallo and Kepler woes

It's not surprising to find out that when teams lose, their players usually have a drop in production. But in the case of Byron Buxton, Max Kepler and Joey Gallo, their struggles could be a main reason why the Twins lose low-scoring games.

Although this trio's production in losses is bothersome, it's catastrophic in that 11-game sample size where they are hitting a combined 10-for-75 (.133 average) with one double, three home runs and a 38.6% strikeout rate.