Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Turkey 2022  (Read 5597 times)

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm heading up north (how many people say that) to battle a sub freezing turkey season. I knew I should have applied for B season but last year it was beautiful out. Oh-well, vacation was put in for A season Thur-Sun so I'll have to dress in my fall deer clothing and pak boots. Early report indicated ~5" of snow Thursday but i think its down to ~ an inch????  Anyone else this stupid?  :crazy:

Hope I can read some good reports Sunday and double hopefully I can share some pics of my own!
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: :happy1: good luck!!!!!!!! :happy1: :Hunter: :fudd:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck!!!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
gettem!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Last Sunday we set up 5 turkey blinds.  We have 6 spots setup and ready. First guys to hunt will be a
friends son and his buddy with their kids. Should be a blast. The guy who bought the 3 day turkey hunt
I donated for our MDHA banquet plans to bring his daughter who wants to shoot a turkey with her bow.
I'm sure I will find sometime between now and Memorial Day to harass them as well.  :rotflmao:

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Buddy and I made it out and battled the snow. boy was it coming down and blowing.

Rumor has it a shot was fired today…😁. Story and pics to come!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Buddy and I made it out and battled the snow. boy was it coming down and blowing.

Rumor has it a shot was fired today…😁. Story and pics to come!
did you scare the crap out of the people in the freezer dept!!🤣 :mooning: :tut: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
only you!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Saw a Tom with jakes and hens this morning but they wouldn’t separate. Much colder and Windy this morning. Balmy 7 degrees!

Ran into a couple other hunters just as crazy as us. They aren’t having much luck getting call backs either. Fingers crossed Saturday with the warmer less windy temps will pay off…

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hard to sit long with it that cold.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My friend's son and his two kids did just fine on my land last Friday. It was the kid on the left's first turkey and the other boys second. Wish I could have been there to join in the celebrations, but I was out of town. Dad's going back tomorrow with a friend to see if they can score as well. I told them to save me a big one.  :cheesy:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Congrats to them! A Jake is as good as any for a first bird... it's more about the experience!  :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Awesome!!! Congrats to them

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, so far first two seasons have been crap to hunt:  cold, snow, sleet, rain, wind, and more wind.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Sweet! Good to see the youngens enjoying the outdoors with dad,great memories created on this day.

Nice setup D.E. kudos to you setting these boyz up on a great hunt.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, so far first two seasons have been crap to hunt:  cold, snow, sleet, rain, wind, and more wind.

I hear that. Took two days off of work and was going to hunt this past weekend and it was a total weather blow out!  :pouty:

Now my only chance is the F season which will suk, but I hope to get out somewhere.  :surrender: Ice may still not be off the lake by then anyway to fish?  :confused:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I do know this...  Anytime I've been driving around when the wind dies down and the sun comes out...  there are turk out in the field.

Folks picking later seasons are going to hit it just right if this weather ever breaks.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I may give it a go on Wednesday. I bought a license for the C season so I'm hoping we get a few good weather days. 

Offline CAB

• Outdoorsman
First MN turkey hunt and I'm super excited. Turkey hunting is my favorite so I'm curious how it will play out. I did get a Carlos Averey lottery permit so that should help. I located a spot before season with at least 1 Tom but who knows if he's been shot already. Best of luck to everyone this season

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Lots of turkey action today.  Yesterday evening I was looking at trail camera photos trying to decide where to hunt this morning when two toms passed by. Near sundown I saw two more cross a field and go by one of my blinds, one smaller and one dragging his beard. Just before dark I saw a really big tom, I'll call him "tank", standing out on the field about 150 yards away. He went into the woods just as it got dark.  Needless to say, I didn't need to see anymore and had my morning spot picked out. Lots of gobbling this morning. Shortly after sunrise "tank" came out of the woods close to where he went in last night. About the same time a smaller tom (approximately 5" beard) approached my decoys. Long story short, Tank never came close enough and the other tom ended up leaving. Being it was 22 degrees this morning with the wind blowing into my blind, I got cold and decided to warm up in the cabin. I took a decoy along and plunked it out front about 20 yards away. While heating up breakfast a respectable tom wandered around the cabin and when he gave me the chance, I shot him.  Nice 25 pounder with a 9-inch beard. Tank lives on for another day and another hunter.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
very nice!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good job DE.

Offline birdswacker

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Nice bird!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: April 04/28/22, 07:05:48 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice! Congrats DE!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: You guys see any of these guys around where your hunting? https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/he-almost-clawed-my-face-victims-describe-turkey-attacks-on-dcs-anacostia-riverwalk/ar-AAWE4MP#:~:text=D.C
Yeah, if she would have been sitting quietly next to a tree, wearing camo, holding a gun, and softly scratching on a slate call, that turk wouldn't have come within 150 yards of her.   :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
At Least Six Government Agencies Are Trying to Track Down the Wild Turkey That’s Attacking People in D.C.

Of course, with this being Washington, there couldn’t be just one government agency involved in taking down such a dangerous suspect. The District of Columbia’s Department of Energy and the Environment, which is a division of the Fish and Wildlife, got involved. The agency recruited the Humane Rescue Alliance, the nonprofit acting as D.C.’s animal-control unit. Then the bird was spotted crossing into Bladensburg, Maryland, so the Price George’s County Parks and Recreation Department and the Maryland Department of Natural Resources got involved.

Insert your own joke here...

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman