Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Is someone watching or listening  (Read 2935 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Strange or concerning. Yesterday I replaced the rubber O-rings in a dozen sprinkler heads. When the rings get old and hard the water gushes out of the sprinkler heads stem when it's in use. Big waste of water. When I was finished repairing and reinstalling the heads I wondered when I had first purchased the O-rings. Looking in the "sprinkler" drawer I found the receipt from the purchase. I had purchased the rings online ($.25 each) from Evergreen Sprinklers back on June 18th, 2017. I did not look up this information on any electronic device. I did mention it to my wife yesterday evening just wondering when I first repaired some of heads. At 4:00 AM this morning I received an email from......Evergreen Sprinklers. The amount listed and date are correct.  This really has me wondering as I have not contacted them nor have they contacted me since the purchase was made almost 5 years ago.  Could it be a coincidence..  :scratch:

"Order status changed
Hi,
The status of your order #116244 has changed to Completed.
Order details
Order total:  $17.46 USD
Date placed: July 18th 2017"

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
your cell phone was listening....    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Have you got one of those Siri or Alexa boxes in your house?

What about a "smart" TV with voice remote?  I heard some of those things listen all the time so they can recognize when you say "Hey, TV, switch to channel 8."  And there are others who think all those conversations get piped to China for recording an analysis.

Then there is this:  Baader–Meinhof phenomenon or frequency bias, is a cognitive bias in which, after noticing something for the first time, there is a tendency to notice it more often, leading someone to believe that it has an increased frequency of occurrence.  It occurs when increased awareness of something creates the illusion that it is appearing more often.  Put plainly, the frequency illusion occurs when "a concept or thing you just found out about suddenly seems to pop up everywhere.

But otherwise, what happened to you is just plain weird.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No Siri or Alexa box. No smart TV (that I know of). I agree with the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon but that wouldn't explain the email. Yes, it's weird. Why would a small company mark a five year old order "closed" and send me an email just hours after I used and talked about it after no contact for 5 years.  :bonk:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I would check your email and see if you sent one in your sleep or did the wife do it?  lol

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
How appropriate and a great album.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We have the same problem.... seems like big brother is watching. The wife and I will be talking about something, and boom, she gets a sales add on her phone.

Creepy....
« Last Edit: June 06/07/22, 04:59:26 PM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I get that kind of stuff when I Google something, but not just thinking about it?? :scratch:

Dotch and Mikey must be thinking about smut alot? :doah: :scratch: cause they sure do forward alot to me!! :pouty: :doofus: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
It would be so awesome if i thought about glenns wife smacking him upside the muffin head! And she dose it! Thatd be awesome 15 time aday..SMACK! DAMMIT BOAR... QUIT CALLING ME BOAR.SMACK!! HEHEHEHE
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It would be so awesome if i thought about glenns wife smacking him upside the muffin head! And she dose it! Thatd be awesome 15 time aday..SMACK! DAMMIT BOAR... QUIT CALLING ME BOAR.SMACK!! HEHEHEHE
:rotflmao: that's a 2 way street bubba!! :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Oh glenn no!! Thats not a healthy marriage!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Not your imagination. Google, Facebook, Amazon they all are mining personal information faster than Biden spends money. If you think you have any privacy at all you are mistaken. When Glenn sits around buck naked the images get sent to Google to be filed away for future use. Somebody somewhere knows exactly what we are doing, where we live, who are our friends, where do we shop, who do we vote for, who do we fear ect, ect. Big brother is all over, in fact I might suggest the government has a ownership stake in these companies.   :coffee:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty close to that anyhow.  We show what we want to buy and do and spend money on etc. online.   We are all pretty easy to figure out.  Even talking on here. We release a monument of info but who the hell cares. I got nothing. Glenn is the one they are really interested in because he tries to hide his stuff form the online stores. They will zero in on him!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Glenn is safe because they know what kind of beer he drinks. Kinda gives the whole show away........

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :pouty: you clowns! :mooning: big brother will be truly disappointed they ever looked up! :sleazy:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
This type of thing has happened to me more than once. Recently my son and I moved a power recliner out of my mother's room at the care center. The next morning I got a notification that there wes something I might be interested in on Facebook marketplace. A Powerlift recliner. Made my jaw tight.
« Last Edit: June 06/12/22, 01:57:30 PM by roony »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow.  That is spooky. 

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The problem is these companies are bigger than the government it's self. The genie is out of the bottle and there is no getting it back in. Big Brother is alive and doing very well.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sometimes when I am peeing off the deck I do look up and smile!
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

I smile all the time cause I still can!!!!   couple beers and load up!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good ole Joe Rogan had a podcast about this subject last winter. It was pretty good too.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
had an ice cream drum stick about an hour ago...  ad just came up on the computer for them....   okkkkkkkkkkkk   :scratch:

no camera or anything on this rig either...    :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This is a little off topic but interesting.  Just got off the phone with an old friend from Luverne.  His sister lives in Seattle so he goes out there now and then but has been a few years.  He stopped in at the Sioux Falls airport to buy a ticket for around July 4.  He is computer illiterate.  The lady looked at him funny he said and she said we don't sell tickets here.  LOLOL  I can see the look on his face.  He said well I don't even have a computer.  She said well you better find someone that has one then.  LOLOL  He is pissed.  He said my freedom to travel has been taken away from me. 

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
For various reasons in the last month I have cancelled "The Athletic" & "Sirius XM Radio". I'm a old fart. If you don't do what you say you will do and don't employ Americans I can talk to when I have a problem i'll just drop you. Also dropped the local trash guy for his $2 fuel charge. Amazing the BS I have discovered I can live without.