Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2022 deer season  (Read 11806 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Naw leech, I've seen and been in his boars nest, aka ice castle!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
It just a case of hunt smarter, ME! Not harder!!  What i love is glenn claims he so hardcore to sit in open air stand, but onve it gets tough he bails!!! The come tje excuses, oh to windy, to cold, to warm, i dont know how to hunt, some one shoot me a deer, do i need a gun? Is this a tree house?? It just never ends....
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Did anyone have to get their deer tested?

Had I shot a deer in 193, the nearest testing station would have been 30 miles away in Walker.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It just a case of hunt smarter, ME! Not harder!!  What i love is glenn claims he so hardcore to sit in open air stand, but onve it gets tough he bails!!! The come tje excuses, oh to windy, to cold, to warm, i dont know how to hunt, some one shoot me a deer, do i need a gun? Is this a tree house?? It just never ends....
:mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

proofs in the picture woosey!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Oh im the wuss hub, like the kettle calli g the pot black kinda wussey hih
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh im the wuss hub, like the kettle calli g the pot black kinda wussey hih
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea well i wasnt sitting in a heated log friggin cabin with a gravity free recliner hunting either bucko!!!!!!  :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
But if yu could yu would.
78.50"

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The neighbor called last night & said he didn't even see 1 :bambi: on opening weekend. :shocked: He hunted his buddy's ground near Isle which is an old 280-acre family farm.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
When I got home from work there were six of them corn rats in my yard. Sorry, I dont have a heated stand for ya Glenn.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
When I got home from work there were six of them corn rats in my yard. Sorry, I dont have a heated stand for ya Glenn.
corn rats!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :laughroll: :laughroll: first time i've heard a deer called that!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

i've heard sea gulls being called sky rats before!!!!!!!1

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup dats a new one fur sure!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
CWD detected near Bemidji. 

With preliminary test results indicating the first suspected case of chronic wasting disease in the Bemidji area, hunters who harvest deer in deer permit areas 184 and the western portions 110, 169 and 197 are encouraged to use the self-service sampling stations listed below so their deer can be tested for CWD.

The adult male was harvested opening weekend of the firearms season about ten miles south of Bemidji in deer permit area 184. Final test results are expected later this week.

Bemidji area CWD sampling stations

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

With preliminary test results indicating the first suspected case of chronic wasting disease in the Bemidji area, hunters who harvest deer in deer permit areas 184 and the western portions 110, 169 and 197 are encouraged to use the self-service sampling stations listed below so their deer can be tested for CWD.

The adult male was harvested opening weekend of the firearms season about ten miles south of Bemidji in deer permit area 184. Final test results are expected later this week.

Great, another zone they can rope off and start the slaughter next year cuz a deer had the sniffles!  :bonk:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Great, another zone they can rope off and start the slaughter next year cuz a deer had the sniffles!  :bonk:

Technically, two months from now will be "next year," but it sounds like said slaughter could be coming sooner than you think.   ;)

This quote also from that same linked page...

If the preliminary test is confirmed, the DNR will take additional management actions per the department's CWD response plan, which may include late special season hunting and targeted culling.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
but the wolfs might go hungary!!!!   

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
How come the woofs don't get CWD from eating infected deer?   :scratch:  Wait...

How about a comprehensive state-wide study to look for incidents of CWD in wolves.    :angel:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good idea!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
How come the woofs don't get CWD from eating infected deer?   :scratch:  Wait...

How about a comprehensive state-wide study to look for incidents of CWD in wolves.    :angel:

So that means we gotta shoot them to find out. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well first evening in. Took a drive to see what I might encounter in the morning. 4 sets of fresh tracks after I drove in. :pouty: seen one of them, a fawn. Thinking I will be dealing with nocturnal deer, :confused:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You always have us fer entertainment if ya get bored Glenn!  :happy1: ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Flying skurrels are back. :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a new toy for Shadow!!!   sic em!!!      :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My morning view. I'm even more convinced the deer are nocturnal now! :pouty:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
You seein' any other tracks, poop, beds?  This is a great time to hunt with just a few days of snow on the ground.

I like to walk around and see where they've been.  Plus, it is easier to see 'em further in the distance against the white background if you jump 'em.

But when all that snow is stickin to the branches, and the brush is thick, it can make it harder to spot deer in the distance.
« Last Edit: November 11/17/22, 12:21:27 PM by Steve-o »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
They are sure nocturnal up here. I have one daytime picture of a deer on my trailcams. All the rest are in the dark.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Steveo since I'm up here by myself I tend not to go venturing far from my normal paths. I don't want to have to physically drag a deer real far that I can't get my wheeler to.espcially when I'm alone. I've got 2 sets of tracks 10 steps from my stand.

I'm seeing tracks and I'm certain they are made at night. Just based on what I've seen the past 24 hours.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Just got to my stand.  Looks like the deer have had a party around my stand.  It's an oak ridge next to a cedar swamp.  Going to sit until dark unless my son shoots one out of the barn.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen 5 this afternoon all does and fawns and all after dark and not in my permit zone.

There talking wind chill below zero tomorrow. Currently enjoying a vodka and OJ contemplating my strategy that may include heading home.