Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NFL  (Read 23690 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Feisty is the city's attitude. There fans are born assholes and never grow up.
yep.....heard the fans where throwing eggs at 49ers fans before the game. firggin classless. wish  the NFL could do something about it???
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
... wish the NFL could do something about it???
Short of Philly fans putting someone in a coma, they won't.  Fanatic fans like Philly's pump tons of money into the NFL.  NFL don't want to upset that tea cart.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Tom Brady says he’s retiring. And this time he says he’s not going to change his mind.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
okkkk
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
SF's DC is now HC in Houston & Denver paid NO a 1st & a 2nd rd pick to get Sean Payton to come there. :crazy:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
A rumor mill concept I read yesterday.  We send Kirk to SF where he would be a plug and play addition to a great team.  We get unproven but possibly good Lance, 3 3rd round draft picks and one of their O lineman.  Not familiar with him.  I would take that chance.  We do have Josh Rosen as a backup still don't we?

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Pretty sure Josh Rosen is Joe Johnson 2.0 & does SF want to give 3 thirds away when they already gave 3 #1's to get him? I don't see this one has having any chance. Niners have Purdy, Lance to battle for #1 job and can pick a scrap heap guy for #3 anytime. Any exactly why would they trade Cousins? Does anybody here think he won't sign another deal with the Vikings?   :confused:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Tom Brady says he’s retiring. And this time he says he’s not going to change his mind.
Now he and Gronk can hit the bars!   :woot: :dancinred: :drinking: :tequila; :tequila;  :swords:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
A rumor mill concept I read yesterday.  We send Kirk to SF where he would be a plug and play addition to a great team.  We get unproven but possibly good Lance, 3 3rd round draft picks and one of their O lineman.  Not familiar with him.  I would take that chance.  We do have Josh Rosen as a backup still don't we?

They cut Rosen.  Vikings Part Ways With Former 1st-Round QB  I think the Vikes would make that trade to rebuild the team, but I don't think SanFan would.  If I heard right, Purdy has a completely torn ligament in his elbow, which means Tommy John surgery and an 18 month recovery.  My guess is that SF will roll into next season with JimmyG and Lance and see who is healthy enough to be the starter.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Classy guy.  Worth the watch.

Tom Brady announces he's 'retiring for good'

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
wonder if he's gonna make up with his super model ex-wife?????? :scratch: :popcorn: :whistling: :whistling:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Denver gets a 3rd round pick back in the Peyton deal.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What an overrated coach.  I really like the Fox football pregame guys and he stunk the whole act up for me.  Documented cheater.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Being a successful NFL head coach and being an A-List football analysis are two different things.  I suspect Peyton is better at one than than he is the other.  He doesn't have to impress millions of fans, just the 53 men in the locker room.

Great deal for the Saints.  They get something for nothing.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
If Payton gets Wilson back on track it will work out well. Payton for all his faults does know offense. If he can't then the Bronco's paid a bunch of money to a guy who is done.  However rumor has it Walmart has a bit of dough so it won't break the Bronco's.

The NFL is better when Denver, Kansas City and now Vegas are good at the same time.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The NFL is better when Denver, Kansas City and now Vegas are good at the same time.

The NFL...   BRRRRRR!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard somewhere that Purdy was going to get a 2nd opinion this week before deciding his next move.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard somewhere that Purdy was going to get a 2nd opinion this week before deciding his next move.
I guess I would too.  There isn't as much experience doing Tommy John surgery on QBs as there is on MLB pitchers.

Besides, the MLB contracts are fully guaranteed.  I've heard it said that a Tommy John-repaired tendon is stronger than the original for a pitcher.  Yeah, pitchers have to rehab for 16 to 18 month, but they are getting paid and the year off might even extend their career.

NFL QBs is another story - especially on a rookie contract.  If Purdy doesn't play his cards right, he could be out of the league with next to nothin - relatively speaking.  Things don't work out, the team will just cut him.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Unless they completely F up the surgery I think Purdy will be fine. He got some good reps on tape for other teams to see. You look at Bridgewater with his injury and Seattle's Smith with his lack of talent, there are some guys who make very good money being career backups.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen one of the eagles offensive lineman is being charged with rape and other charges. :shocked: :doah:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
It'll be continued or swept under the rug until after the Super Bowl.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Tom Brady Announces He Is Permanently Retired And Also Open To Playing For Other Teams

TAMPA, FL — A page turned on a legendary NFL career and opened the door to exciting possibilities for the future today, as Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady announced he is permanently retired and also open to fielding offers to play for other teams.

"I'm officially retired, for good this time," Brady said in a video statement released on social media. "My playing career in the NFL is absolutely over. Completely. Unless other teams are interested in me playing for them. Then I'd be willing to listen. But except for that, I'm so totally retired."

Brady finishes his 23-year playing career as arguably the greatest quarterback in the history of the league, having racked up numerous career, regular season, and postseason records, seven Super Bowl championships, 15 Pro Bowls, three NFL MVP awards, and one marriage and subsequent divorce with a supermodel. After briefly retiring for six weeks following the 2021 NFL season, Brady's latest retirement brings him one step closer to breaking Brett Favre's record for retirements from football.

"Tom has set the bar high for every player in so many ways," said full-time NFL quarterback and part-time Muppet Patrick Mahomes. "His statistics, his accolades, the number of records he holds, and the sheer number of people who absolutely hate him for his success and the way he looks is truly astounding. He's what we all want to be."

At publishing time, Brady was reportedly in talks with the Del Boca Vista Dragonslayers of the National Shuffleboard League, with a special contingency that he be released from his contract as soon as he returns to the NFL and signs with the Las Vegas Raiders.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
He's been put on Goodell's Exempt List & will not be allowed to play in the SB. From what I gathered, pretty much just a Special Teams guy anyway.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Thanks, I hadn't read that yet.

It's usually not the athlete themselves, it's the PED's they take that sets them off. No matter what the excuse there never is a valid reason to pound on a women IMO. Just walk away. Now he has this allegation hanging around his neck the rest of his life.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
He's been put on Goodell's Exempt List & will not be allowed to play in the SB. From what I gathered, pretty much just a Special Teams guy anyway.
I also read that he had only played in one game so far this season.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :happy1: I read somthing about only 5 snaps all season too.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Kinda sucks for him right before the Super Bowl. He may never get another chance to play in one. But if he brought this on himself..............

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So how about us getting Flores for our DC.  I couldn't be happier about that.  I didn't think it would happen as weak as our D seems.  I hope he comes in and gets things rolling.  I read that he likes aggressive players and doesn't sit back and wait to see what the other team is going to do type of coach.  We sat back every game this year except maybe the first GB game. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
all he do is make it better!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Cant get any worse.  Flores... :happy1: