Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NFL  (Read 23636 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Flores was a Special Teams Asst with NE when(2008) they drafted K O'C as a QB. Came across this too. https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/brian-flores-patrick-peterson-nfl-rumors/
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great article Gunner.  I like the sounds of Flores the more I read about him.  So he likes a stable of tall lengthy cornerbacks that can kick some azz.  I am all in on that.  Too bad Peterson probably won't be here, I like him.   

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Too bad Peterson probably won't be here, I like him.
You never know... Flores might like his veteran presence if they can afford him.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: He's already said he'd like to stay but now with the change of schemes, who knows. Money will be part of it too, I'm sure. :confused:
« Last Edit: February 02/08/23, 08:14:55 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Been reading that a few KC players have had cold type symptoms the last few days.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Been reading that a few KC players have had cold type symptoms the last few days.
I'll bet everyone tests negative before the "big game."  :rolleyes:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Reading all the NFL  :bs:, every year Eric Biennemmy gets brought up for a HC position and gets passed over. And every year the same reason why he doesn't get a HC job. Apparently he's got some dirt in his background?? Anyone know what??

With all the dirt flying around the NFL, one wonders how bad can it be?!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Reading all the NFL  :bs:, every year Eric Biennemmy gets brought up for a HC position and gets passed over. And every year the same reason why he doesn't get a HC job. Apparently he's got some dirt in his background?? Anyone know what??

With all the dirt flying around the NFL, one wonders how bad can it be?!

I don't know who Jason Whitock is, but here is his take - suggesting that Bieniemy isn't a strong leader personally, and why the African American culture in our country today doesn't produce strong male leaders.

Jason Whitlock: The real reason Eric Bieniemy isn’t an NFL head coach

"... The media has spent all these years saying ‘OH, ERIC BIENIEMY, HE DESERVES A HEAD COACHING JOB!’ “HE’S THE GREATEST HEAD COACH!” “HE WILL BE OVERCOME BECAUSE HE IS BLACK!” “If the NFL wasn’t racist…” You been selling that nonsense forever while the Houston Texans were hiring Lovie Smith from the scrap heap? Hiring Dave Culley, a 40-year-old NFL assistant? The NFL has no problem hiring black head coaches. I don’t care what you hear on TV about how “racist” they are, race is not the issue, CULTURE is the issue. They’re putting all these men into this emasculated victim culture that’s been foisted on black people. That’s not how you make leaders, and that’s why black men are struggling to get NFL head coaching jobs. Because they have been forced into a culture that does not prepare them for leadership. THIS IS Eric Bieniemy’s problem. It ties into the conversation we’re going to have about The Woman King. Black people live in a matriarchal culture here in America. A matriarchal culture doesn’t produce quality black male leadership, period, end of story. We can either face that fact and correct it, or we can whine and cry and call everyone a racist and say, “OH, IT’S THE WHITE MAN’S FAULT…” It’s OUR fault for perpetuating and believing a matriarchal culture . If you keep on your knees and you’re a beta male and a coward, you’ll eventually get dropped from the script. This happened to Eric Bieniemy. Life knocked on its door and said, ‘Eric, we did our best, we tried to sell you for three years, we got all the media to say you’re the best coach in the world, then come on you get into those interview rooms and everyone finds out that you’re not made for leadership and they won’t give you the job. They literally tried to get rid of him this offseason and ended up signing him on another one-year deal. Now they are done. They gave him as much welfare as they can give him, no one would buy the counterfeit product, and now they’ve dropped him from the script.”

Time Magazine has the Woke Answer...

Time:  'If He Was White, He Would Have a Job.' One of the Best Coaches in Football Keeps Getting Ignored

In recent history, working as an offensive coordinator for a Super Bowl-winning team has almost guaranteed you a head-coaching job in the NFL.

Unless you’re Black.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It looks like he had a few run ins with the law when he was in college. :tut: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Bieniemy  Pretty tame by today's standards though so there could easily be more to it. :confused:
« Last Edit: February 02/16/23, 04:09:28 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah... anything BUT maybe teams just don't think he is head coaching material.  :confused:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I found this statement above interesting. Hadn't heard this before. Thinking about it, maybe it is true....

"It ties into the conversation we’re going to have about The Woman King. Black people live in a matriarchal culture here in America. A matriarchal culture doesn’t produce quality black male leadership, period, end of story."
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I found this statement above interesting. Hadn't heard this before. Thinking about it, maybe it is true....

"It ties into the conversation we’re going to have about The Woman King. Black people live in a matriarchal culture here in America. A matriarchal culture doesn’t produce quality black male leadership, period, end of story."

Tell that to Colin Powell, Tony Dungy, Dusty Baker. The thing is there are less black leaders because there are less opportunities. To apply any other excuse is insulting to them.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dutchy.... You forgot Obama!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Sorry Glenn, I did forget about him.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman

Tell that to Colin Powell, Tony Dungy, Dusty Baker. The thing is there are less black leaders because there are less opportunities. To apply any other excuse is insulting to them.

Can't name very many.....proves the quote. There are always exceptions.
« Last Edit: February 02/17/23, 03:55:26 AM by KEN W »

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
My point was it's lack of opportunity, not a lack of ability. Given a white guy, black guy, green guy & purple guy with the same backgrounds & education they will have the same abilities won't they? If so it then becomes a matter of opportunities with then can be limited by color.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I think Jason Whitlock was trying to make two points.

1) Bieniemy isn't getting a job because NFL teams don't think he will make a good head coach.

2) The matriarchal nature of African American culture in America today produces a disproportionate amount of strong leaders.

First, none of us really know why Bieniemy isn't getting hired.  To speculate isn't fair.  If the premise that he isn't a good leader is close to the truth, it is still reckless to speculate it is because he is the product of a matriarchal subculture.  There are many of great African Americans who have incredible leadership qualities.  If I were a skilled athlete, I'd love to be coached by Mike Tomlin or Tony Dungy.

Second, Google how welfare has destroyed black families, specifically LBJs Great Society reforms.  (Really, do it!)  Basically, working poor families could not get welfare subsidies if the father was living in the home.  Raise several generations of children where a significant percentage of fathers are absent from the homes, what do you think you will get?  (Pretty much what we've got now with all the racial problems we are dealing with.)

So perhaps Whitlock's point was tied to his unspoken recognition or perception that fatherless homes implies a matriarchal culture, that is, the women are in charge of raising the kids.  Kids need both strong mothers AND fathers to give them the best change of growing up good and strong - especially boys.  Men without strong fathers need to get that masculine support somewhere, and all to often it is from association with criminal organizations.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
My honest thoughts on why Bienemy isn't getting hired............I don't care.   ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
personally i struggle with the thought just because there black they dont have the same opportunities?? i'm not understanding why he hasnt been given a shot by some team?? with todays world filled with the diversity word one would think an employer would put a feather in there hat considering all qualifications are near equal!!!!!!!

which brings me to the recent news  :scratch: it has come out that the Vikes new DC Flores turned down a head coaching job............ does his law suit go away.........and why not!!!!!!!1 :doah: :scratch:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
My point was it's lack of opportunity, not a lack of ability. Given a white guy, black guy, green guy & purple guy with the same backgrounds & education they will have the same abilities won't they? If so it then becomes a matter of opportunities with then can be limited by color.

Maybe not....Matriarchal Culture may be the reason. They may not have the same abilities because of it.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
personally i struggle with the thought just because there black they dont have the same opportunities?? i'm not understanding why he hasnt been given a shot by some team?? with todays world filled with the diversity word one would think an employer would put a feather in there hat considering all qualifications are near equal!!!!!!!

which brings me to the recent news  :scratch: it has come out that the Vikes new DC Flores turned down a head coaching job............ does his law suit go away.........and why not!!!!!!!1 :doah: :scratch:
No, because 2 other coaches filed it with him. https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/brian-flores-declines-comment-ongoing-lawsuit-against-nfl
« Last Edit: February 02/17/23, 11:11:20 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: He'll get more job offers next year too, so he could easily be 1 & done. :pouty:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Read today that Zadarius Smith put his Minnesota house up for sale. Does he know something?? He signed a 3 year deal, think his cap hit is pretty big

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Seen that too. :confused:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Big deal. The media sure hiped him and hunter up early in training camp if you guys remember.  He was a factor early on then nuttin.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Carolina trades up to get Bears number 1 pick.

The Bears are getting the No. 9 overall pick and No. 61 overall pick in this year’s draft from Carolina, as well as wide receiver D.J. Moore, the Panthers’ 2024 first-round pick, and the Panthers’ 2025 second-round pick.

That's a lot to give up.....must have a specific QB in mind to take.

« Last Edit: March 03/11/23, 07:31:41 AM by KEN W »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is a lot to give. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Read where they really liked the Kentucky guy last year & again at the combine this year too. The same was said about the Alabama & Ohio St kids at the combine.  :confused:
« Last Edit: March 03/11/23, 09:56:49 AM by Gunner55 »