Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Some peoples kids  (Read 2768 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I guess one more won't really matter. Last week I saw my brother-in-law had another stand popup on his property line. I just don't understand the thought process behind putting a stand 10 feet from the line when your only area to "hunt" is not your land.

I took this picture while standing on my brother in laws land.
The line runs about 10 feet to the right of the stand and extends into the woods
behind my pickup and a couple hundred yards behind me, crossing 5 feet from
a stand they put up a couple years ago.

All the property 10 feet to my left belongs to my BIL.

Taken from BIL's land. the property line is 10 feet this side of the stand.
Just where do they intend to shoot???
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
It's to bad he can't talk to you first.  He must not know how this can lead to future family issues?  :sad:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So this is not a family member's blind?  Why would them restrict their area by 180 degrees?  Easy to get to?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
my thoughts too unless they plan on cheating... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I think the title of the post sums it up.  :crazy:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline birdswacker

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I’d go get some White Castles to go and make a deposit right at the first rung of that ladder! :tut:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Deadeye, I'd be sure to have a camera looking over your property to keep them honest. Just in case there's a memory lapse on which way they can shoot because of stand location. Good luck.
mm

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Put a 50 yard long barbed wire fence, 3 feet inside the property line with one sign directly in front of the stand "No Hunting"
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I’d go get some White Castles to go and make a deposit right at the first rung of that ladder! :tut:
Hey I had a bear do that on the platform of my tree stand one time.  :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:   Or just put a sign post up with a NO Hunting sign on your property right by the stand. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey I had a bear do that on the platform of my tree stand one time.  :rotflmao:
:scratch: :doah:                   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
This stand (and the other three they have on the property lines) does not directly impact me as their land is adjacent to my brother in laws land. However, his land is connected to mine so there is that. Also, this group of probably 7-9 hunters shoot everything they see on their 25 acres.  Yes, not a typo, they own 25 acres.   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So they are waiting for you to scare deers to them. 

Offline savage270

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
2 part solution to this BS:

Short term - put up a no hunting sign directly behind the blind and multiple cameras in the area to catch any activity on your BIL's land

Long term - plant/transplant a row of evergreens 5 feet onto the property, which will eventually block the view from the stand

I've dealt with idiots like this before and its no fun.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Short term - put up a no hunting sign directly behind the blind and multiple cameras in the area to catch any activity on your BIL's land

Long term - plant/transplant a row of evergreens 5 feet onto the property, which will eventually block the view from the stand

Part 3.  Put up a stand right across for them and ask them if they would like a cup of coffee opening morning!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Leech you just won the idea of the day award.  Good one.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

Part 3.  Put up a stand right across for them and ask them if they would like a cup of coffee opening morning!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: hell set the stand close enough to use just one set of steps!;👍
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Love it Leech. I would guess theirs wouldn't be there long. :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
DE is so lucky that he has all of us wise guys to advise him!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Lots of good advice here. :rotflmao:  I have thought of most of them but being it's my brother in laws land, I have to run them past him. He shoots them all down. I wanted to put up the "No Hunting or Trespassing" sign directly in front of the stands, but he didn't like that idea. Oh, I did see they removed the center one so now there's just the two of them. I brought an old trail camera that fries batteries and said I would put a card in it with a picture of a note to them in case they stole it. Also, shot down. I said I would go talk to them and ask them just where they plan to shoot deer. Again, he didn't want to start anything.  Yesterday on my way in I noticed a bunch of birds of prey hovering just off their land (not my brother in laws land). My brother in law while my BIL was checking it out the neighbor (I use the word neighbor generously here) drove up to him. They had a conversation where he learned they shot a fork buck during the youth season and gutted the deer there. He didn't say nor did my BIL ask where the deer was shot. Also, the topic of the new stand never came up!  I would be more upset about it if they had not put it on the worst possible spot on their land.  :doah:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Lots of good advice here. :rotflmao:  I have thought of most of them but being it's my brother in laws land, I have to run them past him. He shoots them all down. I wanted to put up the "No Hunting or Trespassing" sign directly in front of the stands, but he didn't like that idea. Oh, I did see they removed the center one so now there's just the two of them. I brought an old trail camera that fries batteries and said I would put a card in it with a picture of a note to them in case they stole it. Also, shot down. I said I would go talk to them and ask them just where they plan to shoot deer. Again, he didn't want to start anything.  Yesterday on my way in I noticed a bunch of birds of prey hovering just off their land (not my brother in laws land). My brother in law while my BIL was checking it out the neighbor (I use the word neighbor generously here) drove up to him. They had a conversation where he learned they shot a fork buck during the youth season and gutted the deer there. He didn't say nor did my BIL ask where the deer was shot. Also, the topic of the new stand never came up!  I would be more upset about it if they had not put it on the worst possible spot on their land.  :doah:
Not that it matters much, but who had their land first.  Your BIL or the neighbor?  Just wondering which one is a better trainer, of the other?   :surrender:  :doah: