Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 186215 times)

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We have received about five inches so far with up to five more coming today, the dang wind is supposed to be blowing 40 per today and with where I live in a deep valley the drifts are going to be big ones!
It is not unusual for them to be over ten feet deep when the winds are out of the north, and that can happen with only four inches of snow.

The weather must have shifted overnight as my brother who lives 75 miles to my northwest was supposed to get 2 inches, they have received 8 so far.
 I got everything save for a John Deere 3020 that I am bringing back to life done yesterday and I am playing it safe and staying home today.

OOOPS, I also have JRasmussens boat in the shop to work on, dont think I will be dragging it back up to his place today either.
I am still trying to think up a revenge for that bullhead comment he made a few days ago, hmmm, me have all day to think that up ! :rotflmao:

Yeah got everything done except MY boat!   :mad1:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I suppose I should have thought about the fact that you have my boat when I made the bullhead comments the other day.  :pouty:  Stay safe down there bud!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It was done here by 9 & we just came in from cleaning it up. It was at least 4", maybe 5.
« Last Edit: January 01/09/24, 10:11:01 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well I think we got more 3 inches plus here..   there was more than I guessed the first time for sure...but got it cleaned up for this round..

:happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
You forgot my place. :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
You forgot my place. :happy1:

I can stop in tomorrow if that will help!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like ~1.3" of snow at the ranch & 1.5" in Bugtussle. Only melted out to .11" in town. Didn't cut a biscuit so that measurement is a little suspect. Did at home so we'll see how that one turns out. Hwy. dept's should be happy. They managed to slather everything with a thick coating of salt. Lovely. :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I did a good deed and cleaned off a sidewalk and driveway in Waseca. I would say a strong 1.5 inches there. At my place, about 6 miles away,  less than 1". It's that good clean living I tell ya.

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We keep getting it an half inch to inch at a time. Getting tired of shoveling it multiple times, but better than a big dump that the lakes can't handle.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Man we didn't get squat in the south metro,  it better come soon my snow chuckers are awfully lonely..

Offline Iowaboy1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I wish the weather terrorists would make up their mind!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Some measure snow like they measure Walleyes. A solid 3" somehow makes it to 7". Water content is really what matters. The dry stuff blows around, the stuff thats mostly water (like Glenns beer) kinda splats and doesn't move.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I agree Dutch. Same with precip in general. Once it makes the coffee shop, the first liar doesn't stand a chance.

Cut a biscuit here at the ranch after measuring 1.3" on the sidewalk, which looked fairly representative of the rest of the yard. Melted out to .13" which was right in line with the moisture content being reported elsewhere in this part of the state.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: The local radio station is reporting 6.5" but that's probably at the airport which is 3 miles east of me & we're on the east side of town. The guy I talked to is on a farm 8-10 miles NE of town & he said he didn't think they had that much either.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
We didn't get much.....inch or 2.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hmmm...Winter Storm Watch in effect for these parts starting tomorrow nite thru Friday evening. The 4" - 7" of snow part doesn't bother me but the 40 mph wind stuff ain't my idea of a good time. At the present time, it looks like it'll be worse to our east but the NWS adds that it could shift east or west, affecting our snowfall totals. Translation: Thinking it's probably about our turn in the barrel after being missed so far. Most likely time to hook the tractor up to the blower just in case. At least the ground is froze and should stay that way.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Hmmm...Winter Storm Watch in effect for these parts starting tomorrow nite thru Friday evening. The 4" - 7" of snow part doesn't bother me but the 40 mph wind stuff ain't my idea of a good time. At the present time, it looks like it'll be worse to our east but the NWS adds that it could shift east or west, affecting our snowfall totals. Translation: Thinking it's probably about our turn in the barrel after being missed so far. Most likely time to hook the tractor up to the blower just in case. At least the ground is froze and should stay that way.
good place for it!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy:

mayhaps the mail will be postponed a few days!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rolleyes:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:...you wish 🤞

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
What, where?   :scratch:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
southern Minn

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :coffee:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
From 5 minutes ago. Ian Leonard will soil himself... :coffee:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Our WSW starts at midnight tonight & runs through 9 am Saturday. It's saying 5-8" possible along with 40 mph winds. The heaviest snowfall looks to be between 3 am & 9 tomorrow. :confused: Then Sunday-Tuesday they're have -2 for the highs. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 01/11/24, 06:50:20 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The weather terrorists have now put us in a long duration winter storm warning. Bound to happen.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I saw they changed our forecast. Not surprised. When they're forecasting 10 days out, they have to adjust it a few times.
      We've had worse weather than this. It is January in Minnesota so we'll probably all get through it.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, we've had worse here too, but I'm not in Mn as I'm about 35-40 miles south of the border.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It has been snowing big flakes since I got up this morning.  We have well over 4" so far, maybe 5. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just talked to my Mom and she said they got 10" in Luverne.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
we have had blue skies all morning into the afternoon..  some clouds to the south...   sure is nice to see the sun!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A Blizzard Warning was issued ~ 3 today for 3 or 4 of the counties directly west of us. :scratch:
« Last Edit: January 01/11/24, 07:41:11 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
All but the NE corner of the state is now under the Blizzard Warning.