Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 186218 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Something wrong with the guy... no booze. :confused: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rodwork

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Shouldn’t the meme be a guy leaving the liquor store with cases of beer? It’s the first place I go when I hear I may be stuck at home with the wife and kid.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That's about right roony. Someone was doing the 30 - 35 mph thing ahead of me coming into town this a.m. It was slippery but not THAT slippery. NWS has issued a Winter Weather Advisory in effect here from 6 p.m. tonite thru noon tomorrow. Expected snowfall accumulations of 2" - 4". No doubt, there are some of the broadcast weather folks who must've majored in drama with a minor in meteorology. At times, the NWS has developed a CYA forecast, relying too heavily on models rather than some old fashioned common sense. I don't know how many times I've seen them poo-poo precipitation heading straight at us on the radar only to increase the %-chance accordingly once it's right on top of us. At that point, it becomes a weather report not a forecast, one any idiot can determine for themselves. Certainly not useful for those whose jobs are weather dependent.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
snowing here

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Sioux Falls SD has over 8 inches of snow already...   Harrisburg SD, just south of there has 9 inches...   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
WOW  Luverne must have about that too then.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Is Iowa buried yet?, :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Asking for a friend.  :rolleyes:

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Something wrong with the guy... no booze. :confused: :rotflmao:
Amateur. You get more beer when you're down to two cases. Not before the storm hits. Two cases is pretty much "I'm out of beer!".
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Less than an inch predicted for tonight here.
oodGay ayDay arryBay

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
WOW  Luverne must have about that too then.

Pipestone to Slayton 4.5 to 6.5  sp far

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Nothin here yet. :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Iowaboy1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
A bit nasty here and more coming.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's about right!!!    :rotflmao:

Offline Rodwork

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
IowaBoy   :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Is Iowa buried yet?, :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Asking for a friend.  :rolleyes:
:mooning: :tut: Only ~ 3" so far, but it's not gonna stop 'til around 12 or 1. Blowin about 25 though, all the schools are closed. Haven't been out yet.

Offline Iowaboy1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We have received about five inches so far with up to five more coming today, the dang wind is supposed to be blowing 40 per today and with where I live in a deep valley the drifts are going to be big ones!
It is not unusual for them to be over ten feet deep when the winds are out of the north, and that can happen with only four inches of snow.

The weather must have shifted overnight as my brother who lives 75 miles to my northwest was supposed to get 2 inches, they have received 8 so far.
 I got everything save for a John Deere 3020 that I am bringing back to life done yesterday and I am playing it safe and staying home today.

OOOPS, I also have JRasmussens boat in the shop to work on, dont think I will be dragging it back up to his place today either.
I am still trying to think up a revenge for that bullhead comment he made a few days ago, hmmm, me have all day to think that up ! :rotflmao:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Less than an inch here. I dont expect much more. Suppose to blow it around later.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We have received about five inches so far with up to five more coming today, the dang wind is supposed to be blowing 40 per today and with where I live in a deep valley the drifts are going to be big ones!
It is not unusual for them to be over ten feet deep when the winds are out of the north, and that can happen with only four inches of snow.

The weather must have shifted overnight as my brother who lives 75 miles to my northwest was supposed to get 2 inches, they have received 8 so far.
 I got everything save for a John Deere 3020 that I am bringing back to life done yesterday and I am playing it safe and staying home today.

OOOPS, I also have JRasmussens boat in the shop to work on, dont think I will be dragging it back up to his place today either.
I am still trying to think up a revenge for that bullhead comment he made a few days ago, hmmm, me have all day to think that up ! :rotflmao:
revenge?  :sleazy: that Mike guy texted me, told me to tell you to fill John's boat up with a bunch of that new snow you got!! :smoking: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
say what!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Maybe about 1" total so far. Maybe a tad more. Getting windy, though. I noticed they have updated our overnight low for Sunday night to -13°. We'll see.
      You folks stay safe.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It varies but looks like we have gained about 7 minutes so far.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The latest weather I seen on the 1 of local channels had us in a narrow band of 4-6". :scratch:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A plow just went down our street but 511 has a No Tow Zone for more than 1/2 of the southern part of the state right now.

Offline Rodwork

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Don’t worry Iowaboy. My son has bullheads in his fish tank so you won’t get home sick when you come to visit.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like we got 2 or so inches of snow, I'll know more when I start the clean up..

Offline Iowaboy1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Don’t worry Iowaboy. My son has bullheads in his fish tank so you won’t get home sick when you come to visit.

Give those dang bottom feeding detestable abominations to '57,sounds like his bait keeps sneaking off on him and hes about broke trying to feed those grass dragons he tries to throw sticks at.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It has dropped to 3 now. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: grass dragons!! :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: I've heard them called a lot of things... biy not that. :rotflmao: :happy1: