Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 115065 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
  :pouty: Did you miss the south of I 94 part? :nerd:      :scratch: :rolleyes: :smiley:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: nope!!!!!!! hopefully a north wind will blow it back to Iowa!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: whats a guy to believe....they started out with as much as 14 inches....now its down to maybe 5. back in the day that was nuttin!!!!

real light flakes coming down now!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :tut: It's a SE wind of ~ 15 mph here.  :doofus: Our WSW was sayin 7-10" for us yday too. :rolleyes:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Backed it down substantially to 3" - 7" for here. Still 3" - 7" too much but whatever. Looks like the Clear Lake IA forecast has more snow in it just to our south. Good place for it.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Good morning from not so sunny International Falls. 28 degrees here with real light snow. We have maybe a inch of fresh stuff. I'm taking a trip to the metro in the morning so I'm interested in what the snow is doing down there.

Couple weeks ago I had a bird crash into a garage window and break it. Got the window fixed and picked up yesterday so maybe I'll get that installed today. Other than following the adventures of Glenn today thats about all I have to do.    ;)
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I'm seein 3-5" for up by that big orange sign north of you, Dotch. KAAL kept saying heavier amounts near the I 35 corridor today early.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning from not so sunny International Falls. 28 degrees here with real light snow. We have maybe a inch of fresh stuff. I'm taking a trip to the metro in the morning so I'm interested in what the snow is doing down there.

Couple weeks ago I had a bird crash into a garage window and break it. Got the window fixed and picked up yesterday so maybe I'll get that installed today. Other than following the adventures of Glenn today thats about all I have to do.    ;)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: put on your seat belt bud!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea they have dropped it some here too..   1 to 4 now...   looks Saturday will be another round..   and maybe 1 next week too...   bring it on!!!!   Glenn wants it!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Started snowing again here.  Must have a couple of inches so far.  It is 42 degrees out too.  Should be raining.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
one good thing about these late winter/very early snow events..........its not getting 10-20 below 0 afterwards!! :happy1:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd rather go out when it is 0 degrees and shovel 14 inches of light fluffy snow than go out when it is 31 degrees and shovel 5 inches of wet, sloppy snow.

And the longer you let it sit on the sidewalk before you shovel it, the heavier it seems to get.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Been a light drizzle down here for a couple hours.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We must have close to 4" here and it is warm out. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad its not amounting to much here.
« Last Edit: March 03/08/23, 02:44:01 PM by roony »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Been snowing off and on since late morning here. Warm enough so it's all melting, so far. Still sticking to their 3" - 7" forecast for tomorrow. 

Update: As of 3:02 we're in a winter storm warning for Thursday. 5" - 7" expected.  :doah:
« Last Edit: March 03/08/23, 03:15:14 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
done here now, still saying 1 to 3 tomorrow..   :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Meh it's going to be beautiful sunshine and 40 here!; :sleazy: :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch always gets all the snowmageddln warnings.

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Hafta see what da news says tonight but my Dick Tracy (cellular) is claiming 1-3 during the day tomorrow and 1-3 at night. That's ok, momma still has some fuel to burn up in da snow chuckers yet.   :happy1: ;)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Blower is still on the 656 and so are the chains. Oil checked, fixed the throttle lever (pole barn nail), need to tighten the shear pin (SOB likes to loosen up periodically), check the 80-90W lube in the gearbox, squirt a little JB chain lube on the roller chains & I'm ready. Got a sneakin' suspicion I'll wind up using the bucket if I have to move snow. Nice to have options. Looks like this thing has an eastern bias. More snow forecast for the Rochester area, 5" - 9". Looks like the potential for an encore Sat. altho my money's on CS to take one for the team on that one.  :whistling:
« Last Edit: March 03/08/23, 06:14:59 PM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: not if i can help it. acorrding to to the #4 we might get 2.5 inches!!!!!!!! :scratch: then maybe 2-4 on sat-sun.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well they are saying 2 to 4 inches today yet, but it looks like it might be more south of here...   I'll know tomorrow I guess..

and they are still yakking 4 to 6 inches of snow Saturday... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Still yapping about a Winter Storm Warning with 4" - 6" for Steele & Freeborn Co. today. Also up in Lac Qui Parle & Yellow Medicine.  :scratch: 2" - 4" forecast for the ranch on Saturday. Getting some kinda muted sunshine presently here after seeing graupel at choretime. Fear the deadly graupel!  :shocked:
« Last Edit: March 03/09/23, 11:13:06 AM by Dotch »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Almost all the schools down here started closing around noon just about as soon as the kids got off the bus. :rolleyes: :bs: Upped ours a little, 4" in the next 48 hrs now. Got some fine stuff comin now.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Finally quit snowing here so everything is all plowed up.  Good to have that done.  LOL

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
None here yet.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
been snowing off and on all day, but melting almost right away...   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
been snowing off and on all day, but melting almost right away...
:happy1: same here. it is accumulating on top of the other snow though!!!!!

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, same here. Looking at the monthly forecast it's looking like a gradual thaw,  40's by the end of the month.  Although I could go for a few 50's sprinkled in.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, same here. Looking at the monthly forecast it's looking like a gradual thaw,  40's by the end of the month.  Although I could go for a few 50's sprinkled in.
:scratch: but arent those temps in the monthly calender just averages?????????//

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Seeing the same thing boober. No appreciable warm up until later in the month and even then, no 50's in the forecasts I've seen until we get into April. NOAA's 30 day outlook for March called for increased odds of below normal temps and above normal precip.

Been snowing in increasing intensity as the day has worn on but they've downgraded us from a winter storm warning to a winter weather advisory. Snowfall amounts likely to be 2" - 4" rather than the 4" - 6". Tough to tell how much it's snowed as it's been melting as fast as it's fallen in the bare areas. Where there was snow before there was about another inch when Poppy was out to take a dump around 2.