Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 106160 times)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
https://www.weather.gov/mpx/winter

this is the current forecast into friday morning....   it's Glenn's fault!!!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :tut: :tut: yea i pretty much decided i wont be going with maybe a 10% chance i change my mind.....the combonation of snow but the wind pretty much sealed the deal!!!!!! :doah: :confused:

Toughen up buttercup. The main storm will be south anyway.   :smoking:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yea the accompanying wind is what bothers me more, not to mention the road conditions. I. Don't need to drive in that crap no more.

Besides pokegama is a big lake with a pullover and 30 mile winds.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Forecast seems to vacillate between rain & snow. One time it looks like 1/4" - 1/2" of rain Thursday changing to snow amounting to 1" - 3" Thursday nite. The next time you look it's all rain. I'm thinking female forecasters or at very least transgendered.  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Forecast seems to vacillate between rain & snow. One time it looks like 1/4" - 1/2" of rain Thursday changing to snow amounting to 1" - 3" Thursday nite. The next time you look it's all rain. I'm thinking female forecasters or at very least transgendered.  :scratch:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :laughroll: :laughroll:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Our greatest chance is for under an inch but could be 1-3.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a gut feeling that Glenn is the real weather terrorist.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a gut feeling that Glenn is the real weather terrorist.

ya just figuring that out are ya!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Buncha fair weather woosies..lol. You guys stay inside waiting for someone to post something,  I'll go see if the fish are biting!  :rotflmao:  ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :mooning: call me what you want but been there done that. They just had 10 inches of snow plus whatever they got since super bowl weekend, add some wind. Not to mention I'll be up there alone.

I'm older Budweiser!! :sleazy: I don't need to drive on crappy roads for 186 miles

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I know Glenn,  me neither, just messin with ya. No way I'm getting in our driveway out west,  unless I was there weekly the burm from the plows all year long has to be high and rock hard. Bout the only time I wish I thru a plow on this truck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I know Glenn,  me neither, just messin with ya. No way I'm getting in our driveway out west,  unless I was there weekly the burm from the plows all year long has to be high and rock hard. Bout the only time I wish I thru a plow on this truck.
:happy1: i figured as such. Gunner knows the road into the cabin!!!!!!!! kinda tired of fighting ma nature this year!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like we are in for more. Thanks Glenn.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
saying the north shore is really going to get it again...   1 to 3 here forecast... 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i just seen a forecast that says 4-7 here???????/ :crazy: :doofus: hows a guy to plan when its all over the board. oh well bring it on!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just plan on staying home till it melts.   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just plan on staying home till it melts.   :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:when .......July!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looking like 1" - 3" for here between tomorrow & tomorrow nite. The 30 - 40 mph wind gusts the following days are the concerning part. There was snow blowing & sticking on the road yesterday creating slushy spots.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking like 1" - 3" for here between tomorrow & tomorrow nite. The 30 - 40 mph wind gusts the following days are the concerning part. There was snow blowing & sticking on the road yesterday creating slushy spots.
according to the #4 weather guy Chris, he said its going to be a wet heavy snow and didnt think the blowing snow would be much of a factor......but what do those weather terrorists know......right Roony!!!!!! :rotflmao: :mooning: J/K!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
When it falls it'll be wet but once it cools off as is forecast, the snow dries out & blows more easily. That's why it goes thru the snowblower  better once it cools down. What fell here the other day was wet too. Was surprised how much drifting there was.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
When it falls it'll be wet but once it cools off as is forecast, the snow dries out & blows more easily. That's why it goes thru the snowblower  better once it cools down. What fell here the other day was wet too. Was surprised how much drifting there was.
come to think of it, that snow wasnt all that hard to blow!!!!!!  :scratch: hope this stuff is to before it freezes rock hard!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Watched the neighbor pull someone out of the ditch the other morning where it had drifted across. Someone must not have been paying attention. The worst of it was the guy didn't even offer to pay him.  :rolleyes:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes it's the wind that is going to be bad, Dotch tell your neighbor to not help anyone any more maybe??  easier said than done I know...  I mostly won't fire up the snow blower until Friday morning...

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Should have pushed him back in the ditch.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The guy probably is one of those who doesn't carry cash anymore. He maybe was to embarrassed to admit it. My thinking is if you are good enough to help the guy you are good enough to do it for free. If it was a big job, like needing to go home and get the tractor that would be something different. If he just hooked a chain and pulled him out thats not a big deal.

Last 2 times I pulled somebody out I made them hook the chain to their vehicle. No way I wanted to be responsible if one of those plastic cars fell apart.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That could be the case DB. I've pushed and pulled different people at intersections or stuck on high banks and never asked for anything in return,  they've offered but nope. I did feel bad tho, a texacan feller wanted a jump a little while back at a gas station when I had the arm sling on yet, I said sorry I can't help you.. that ain't me.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i've pulled people out when stuck more so up at the cabin in mud. that stuff in some places is real clay like. most offered to give me something but i declined and told them maybe some day i'll need the favor returned. i have done a few around home with the same repsonse!!!

dutchy......i too never hook the strap to the other persons car.....no blaming me for something broken!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 It's 40 & sprinkling a little now & they're sayin 2-6" from 10 am Thursday-7 am Friday. A light glaze with 35 mph winds as well. :rolleyes:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
it can do whatever the hello it wants.......i don't care. it already cancelled my fishing plans!!!!!! :pouty: so, i'm gonna pickle fish, smoke fish and eat some fish!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning:

see how momma nature likes me now!!!!!!!! :happy1: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
it can do whatever the hello it wants.......i don't care. it already cancelled my fishing plans!!!!!! :pouty: so, i'm gonna pickle fish, smoke fish and eat some fish!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning:

see how momma nature likes me now!!!!!!!! :happy1: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Since you got nothin to do you could head over to Duluth and help shovel the mall roof. As I understand it there won't be a shortage of snow to work on for the next few days.   :popcorn: