Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 139207 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We had 1.4" when we got back here from GR ~ 1:30, checked it 2 hours later & it was 2.3". I dumped 2.7" this morning. The 5:00 news said 169 was closed because of flooding over by Hibbing where they had almost 5", Ely had 7" ..............lots of roads closed up there & 511 says even 38 south of Marcell is flooded. :crazy:
« Last Edit: June 06/19/24, 06:27:39 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Wound up with 3 1/2 inches for 24 hours. To much. Water standing in the fields.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Rain gauge said 1.10” when I got home at 3:30 yesterday. Haven’t looked yet today. Our view from yesterday afternoon about 1:30 when it started to rain again.
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A moral victory of sorts last nite. .27" at the ranch & .28" in Bugtussle. Not far from here there was an inch or better again. Rain in the forecast starting tomorrow thru Saturday. Could be multiple inches. Probably about our turn in the barrel again... :coffee:

https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/d13_fill.gif?1718809239795
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My neighbor just left.  Great guy, I used to work with him.  He came over and put longer steel dock poles in for me.  Just in case the river comes way up like it seems to do about every 5 years or so.  The rain is the weather related part of this.  LOL

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Rain gauge said 1.10” when I got home at 3:30 yesterday. Haven’t looked yet today. Our view from yesterday afternoon about 1:30 when it started to rain again.

good view of Connie's shack!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Up to 4”-8” of rain could fall in some areas in the southern half of the state into Saturday. :tut:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Drove from Willmar to the cities today and any low spot is holding water, lots of it. Must be part of the crow river by Mayer that's trying to drown a good portion of fields, poor pheasants..

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Buddy on Birch Lake in Babbitt said they got 6.5" in one day last Tuesday I think he said.   :surrender:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Showering here this afternoon so looks like I'm off the hook for lawn mowing tonite. Mowed until dark last nite once the hay fairy returned with a stock trailer full of hay. NWS forecast for here is talking 1/4" - 1/2" tonite, 3/4" - 1" tomorrow, then the fit hits the shan tomorrow nite with 2" -  3". Encore performance of 1/2" - 3/4" Saturday & finishing Saturday nite with perhaps another tenth or two. 

https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/qpf/d12_fill.gif?1718916301740
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
last i looked there yapping 1-2 here for tomorrow, been to busy to care................
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Supposed to be 1" - 2" today and another 1" - 2" tonite, then top it off with another tenth to a quarter tomorrow. Yee-haw. Hopefully it's convinced we've already got our 1" - 2" quota for today. Total rainfall for the month of June, we're at 9.56" at the ranch so far & 9.93" in Bugtussle. Water close to going over the neighbor's driveway. Water over Hwy 13 between Waseca & Bugtussle earlier. The Le Sueur River at the golf course was still in its banks, yet, when I crossed it about 8:15 this a.m. Hoping maybe tomorrow it leaves us alone so I can get the remaining sticks picked up then mow the backyard. Just have to feel fortunate we haven't had severe weather out of any of this, yet.  :coffee:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Unreal, that is a lot of H20. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just got off the phone with a meteorologist friend I met on Crop Tour a couple years ago. He was indicating that once we get thru Monday, we should start to see it dry out. It's been hot out there in NY where he's at with rainfall keeping up nicely so far. Hot in OH & parts of IN where they're starting to report some moisture stress. Same in MO & even parts of IA south & east of Des Moines. Crop Tour will likely be real interesting if these trends keep up. Talked to a guy who just came back from Mankato a few minutes ago. Heavy rain up that way right now. Looks like it's skirting off to our north so far. OK by me. We're good.
« Last Edit: June 06/21/24, 11:12:15 AM by Dotch »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hmmm....rough morning here after cleaning a trail of human fecal material off the floor, left by one of the people who rents an office here.

And yes, now it is pouring.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Hmmm....rough morning here after cleaning a trail of human fecal material off the floor, left by one of the people who rents an office here.

did ya box it up for the mail?????    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Damn! It's in garbage bags in the dumpster. Good thing I got those bigger boxes... :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

did ya box it up for the mail?????    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:confused: :tut: :tut: :tut:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: it rained a tad this morning,  mist on the way down to elk river. Far cry from the 1-2 inches they were clamoring about yesterday  :doah: :scratch:

Not complaining though. :happy1: :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch when you use the electric prod that's what happens

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch when you use the electric prod that's what happens
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Dotch, ya gonna mail Roony sumthin  :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
He's close enough that I can hand deliver it... :sleazy:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
rain and thunder in the area...  now saying up to an inch of rain    :thumbs:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Heavy air, got real dark all the sudden. Lotsa bright colors on the radar. Not good... :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
we just had a good shot of rain!!!! :doofus: :doofus: looks like its done......at least thats what the weather terrorists are saying, but good gawd......enough already.  :confused: :confused: :bs: :surrender:

cloudy days dont tend to bother me a whole lot but its getting friggin old. hopein we get some rain when we may needed in the following months.  :pouty:

if there's any consolation....i guess it could of been snow this past winter!!!!!! :surrender:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like it's about outta here. Was pretty breezy at first but no hard water here. I know some farmers would just as soon it would hail & put their crops out of their misery. 
« Last Edit: June 06/22/24, 06:20:13 PM by Dotch »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
A shot of light rain on the north side of leech.
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe .2 here vs the one inch they said possible... way to wet to mow for sure...  always tomorrow!!! 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I read that Waseca has had over 15 inches of rain in June so far. I am on a hill and most of our yard has water standing or slowly running. I think it is seeping out of the hillside. Many have it much worse I know.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I read that Waseca has had over 15 inches of rain in June so far. I am on a hill and most of our yard has water standing or slowly running. I think it is seeping out of the hillside. Many have it much worse I know.
:scratch: so you live up on a hill, overlooking the little people,  huh! :doah: :evil: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: