Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 138561 times)

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
With the heavy winter snows two winters ago, followed by the driest winter and summer in history, now followed by recorded rain fall this year!  I'm a little confused what the Climate Change crazies think we should do now? Do we still stop driving our SUV's or can we just pay some carbon tax to the Government to make it all go away?  :bow:   :confused:
« Last Edit: June 06/27/24, 11:05:04 AM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got done mowing AGAIN! Grass grows over an inch a day in some spots. Started with some light rain here. GRRRRRRRRR. I haven't been here all the time and I don't keep records but it seems like we always get more rain than Bugtussle so add 5 inches to what Dotch said they've gotten this year and that's what we've had.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I suppose we should all be thankful it wasn't snow with all the wind we have also had.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I would guess Climate Change is what is causing this. Do we just wait for the next time which could be worse or try to do something about it?? :confused:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
With the heavy winter snows two winters ago, followed by the driest winter and summer in history, now followed by recorded rain fall this year!  I'm a little confused what the Climate Change crazies think we should do now? Do we still stop driving our SUV's or can we just pay some carbon tax to the Government to make it all go away?  :bow:   :confused:

I hope you used an electric lawnmower roony or we are doomed. Saw this the other day. Carl Sagan spoke directly as to where science was drifting when this was broadcast back in the mid-1990's. Very telling or as some of us who use science daily when making management decisions say, follow the money.

https://x.com/bfcarlson/status/1762126578073337943
« Last Edit: June 06/27/24, 03:26:07 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I do enjoy my milwaukee chainsaw. If it ever comes to not using a gas lawn mower out here I'll get some damn goats.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I would guess Climate Change is what is causing this. Do we just wait for the next time which could be worse or try to do something about it?? :confused:

My intent is to die and let you fix it. The good news is to do it you will live another 2 billion years. The bad news, after 2 billion years it still won't be fixed.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope you are wrong. My kids and grandkids and yours will suffer if not.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
If you really think us little piss ants running around on the crust of this earth can change or stop a Hurricane.  You may as well keep drinking the Koolid!  :bonk:  :coffee:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
If you really think us little piss ants running around on the crust of this earth can change or stop a Hurricane.  You may as well keep drinking the Koolid!  :bonk:  :coffee:

Then you might as well just kick it in and get it over with early. We need to do whatever we can to try and AT LEAST SLOW IT DOWN,
« Last Edit: June 06/27/24, 05:59:48 PM by KEN W »

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Then you might as well just kick it in and get it over with early. We need to do whatever we can to try and AT LEAST SLOW IT DOWN,
Nua, like living the life I was given. Guess I'll keep on, Keeping on like the folks before and after the Ice age and 1000's of other earth changes we also could never doing anything about.  When you and Al Gore come up with some real ideas, let us know?   :confused:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Save it for political forum.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Save it for political forum.
:happy1: :happy1:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Whats the weather of our politics? 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
stormy I'm thinking...   

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We should be over 13" now in Bugtussle for the month of June! NWS botched another forecast. Today was supposed to be "THE spray day" so guys were gettin' after it. Forecast this a.m. started out with 20% chance of rain after about 4 p.m. Then before lunch it crept up to 30%. Could see the sky getting darker in the west just after noon. Looked at the radar & sure enough, showers heading this way. Drat! ~.18" in the gauge at the ranch so far today. Saw a custom applicator finish up & pull out of my neighbor's field after it had been raining at least a half hour. Looks like we'll likely have a bunch of herbicide rainfast studies after that... :scratch:

« Last Edit: June 06/27/24, 08:12:26 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Was going to pull some weeds in my pathetic looking garden but the weather terrorists struck again.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Raining  here now. Light. Supposed to get more over night.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Rain started here ~ 4 AM.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
About an inch in the gauge here

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
1/2 inch here

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
not sure how much here yet, but my buckets are 1/2 full. musta been some wind with it as i got some leaves down off the big maple out front!!!

i'd like to burn some wood and have a few beers tonight!!!!!!! :surrender:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
We have one of those water retention ponds nearby. It will rain and it will pool up and a few hours later it's gone. Even with all the rain it keeps soaking in, makes you wonder how low the aquafers are.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We have one of those water retention ponds nearby. It will rain and it will pool up and a few hours later it's gone. Even with all the rain it keeps soaking in, makes you wonder how low the aquafers are.
well...the one thing i've noticed in my limited travels is i haven seen the big irrigation systems running........that should help.  there's plenty of them in them tater fields!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
What a difference a day makes! We just keep smashing records. With 1.5" at the ranch & 1.51" in Bugtussle, that puts us at 13.79" & 14.49" for the month of June. Major whiff by NWS on this one. Too busy partying after decommissioning the mobile weather app many of us were using I guess. Getting to be gallows humor in these parts. We were talking about who has the ugliest corn field. Several contestants in the running. No low water tables around here. glenn must be in Inger again if he wants to get wood and have a few beers... :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
What a difference a day makes! We just keep smashing records. With 1.5" at the ranch & 1.51" in Bugtussle, that puts us at 13.79" & 14.49" for the month of June. Major whiff by NWS on this one. Too busy partying after decommissioning the mobile weather app many of us were using I guess. Getting to be gallows humor in these parts. We were talking about who has the ugliest corn field. Several contestants in the running. No low water tables around here. glenn must be in Inger again if he wants to get wood and have a few beers... :scratch:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :tut: :tut: not...here in upscale Cold Spring.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice rain here.....8 tenths of an inch.

Lots of thunder and lightning.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Ugliest tomato plants ever

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: outta 22 mater plants i got 2 maybe 3 that look like that???? and the rest look as healthy as all get out. hoping they come around!!! :doofus:

i'm gonna snipping off those really yellow leaves/branches tomorrow after it dries up a wee bit!!!
« Last Edit: June 06/28/24, 12:57:32 PM by glenn57 »