Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: tin foil funnel  (Read 1639 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So I was watching an Alaska shipping company that goes to the hard to get places and they have great videos of it.  Well here they are changing oil on things all of the time and when the oil had to drain a ways from a bucket they used heavy duty tin foil to make a 3 or 4' stream bed for the oil to flow through.  What a great idea. Probably double up or they have extra thick for their purpose.  I will use that when taking off filters. 

It is Coastal Transportation and they have a few real nice videos of Alaska and how they do things.   
« Last Edit: November 11/14/23, 04:55:16 PM by LPS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I always used cardboard, beer case from cans works great!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I always used cardboard, beer case from cans works great!!!
Yep, had to do the same with my past GMC,  or the exhaust pipe splashed it all over.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
ALL....of the Chevrolet Cavalier's that I have owned (5) have the oil filter placed right above the expansion muffler tube connection.... so, every time you pulled a filter, you filled the mesh exhaust expansion tube with oil. 🫢

Anyways, a 16 ounce beer can goes along way at deverting it.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Some times changing on motorcycles or snowblower engine they need a little extra dribble space!  :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
necessity, the mother of invention!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!