Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bird Seed  (Read 3147 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I stopped at Fleet Farm yesterday morning when it opened up.
I got 2 #40 bags of black oil sunflower seeds on sale for $16.99...normally $19.99

I thought that was a good deal.

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline FishThumper

• Outdoorsman
Black Sunflower seeds are one of the few bird foods that are actually down this year. I can't remember what the price was for a 50 Lb. bag of it a few weeks ago at Heim's here in Saint Cloud, But I remember it being less than in past years. Sadly the other bird foods and Corn was WAY up.
"The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't."

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I know thistle (nyjer) seed is definitely higher priced but I don't feed anything other than that and sunflower seed. Ear corn is free as I save all the ears after doing yield checks in customers' fields for birds & squirrels. Something I've noticed is the size of the suet cakes in the last batch I bought has shrunk. Must be in an effort to keep the price in line with what it has been or something.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I know thistle (nyjer) seed is definitely higher priced but I don't feed anything other than that and sunflower seed. Ear corn is free as I save all the ears after doing yield checks in customers' fields for birds & squirrels. Something I've noticed is the size of the suet cakes in the last batch I bought has shrunk. Must be in an effort to keep the price in line with what it has been or something.
working at the store........i can tell you everything is shrinking.....cept the cost!!!!!! :confused:

picked up 50 lb bag of sunflowers at FF for 20 bucks!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 11/27/23, 04:27:53 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Are you shrinking Glenn?
What's her face told me to ask.
« Last Edit: November 11/27/23, 06:30:13 PM by roony »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Are you shrinking Glenn?
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: only my belly!!!!!!! :mooning:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Are you shrinking Glenn?
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: only my belly!!!!!!! :mooning:

in yer dreams!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!