Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Air bags  (Read 486 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Ok motorheads.......got me a question........

couple days ago all of a sudden i light pops up on my dash and then where the odometer is it says "service air bag".

what kind of issue is this??? sensor of some sort???? truck wasnt bumped or hit nor was there anything out of usual done to it. the manual has all kinds of info about the passenger air bag and the only thing it has about the drivers side is if you do all kinds of non factory crap to it???///
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Google it for your year of truck.  Have never had that happen.  My light keep coming on if Jake is in the seat.  He is only 60 lbs so barely heavy enough.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Google it for your year of truck.  Have never had that happen.  My light keep coming on if Jake is in the seat.  He is only 60 lbs so barely heavy enough.
:happy1: i'll check it out later. yea shadow foes the same thing, but it depends on how he sits in the passenger seat.  :scratch:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
NAPA has a code reader you could buy. It will tell you which codes are showing and you can clear them using it too. Around $55.00. Or just try taking the negative cable off the battery.  :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
O Reiley's does it for free... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
NAPA has a code reader you could buy. It will tell you which codes are showing and you can clear them using it too. Around $55.00. Or just try taking the negative cable off the battery.  :happy1:
will removing the negative cable require me to have to reset all my radio stations and such! :confused:

Such a pain. :pouty:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just had the cable off on my F250 and everything came back on after that. But then again it’s not Chev.  :rotflmao: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
will removing the negative cable require me to have to reset all my radio stations and such! :confused:

replaced the battery in the car and truck and all presets stayed there...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I did the Google machine,  it says it could a seat belt issue, bad wire or sensor. With what I have to deal with to disconnect the negative cable,  since I'll need a new battery this winter I'll replace the battery. Thinking a trip to O'Reilly tomorrow iffin it ain't raining.

I yanked on the drivers side seat belt, so we shall see  :scratch:

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

No not at all, just yank-it baby! 🤭🤭
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so......i took the truck to Oreilly's. they hooked up there little gizmo.  it came back............

consult an auto professional........no error......er something to that extent is what it came up with!!!!!!! :bonk: :doofus: :crazy:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What does that mean?  LOLOL  There is something wrong or not??? 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Iowaboy to the rescue.  He texted me, apparently a sensor nut/ bolt is corroded and thinks it's an inexpensive fix. It'll have to wait till I get back from the cabin.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: This says there's 7 reasons why your airbag light could be on https://www.autonationmobileservice.com/i/blog/airbag-light/ Actually, it looks like it's a pretty common problem..........................especially on Chevys. :sleazy: :evil:          :nerd: ;) :smiley:
« Last Edit: Today at 07:44:43 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: This says there's 7 reasons why your airbag light could be on https://www.autonationmobileservice.com/i/blog/airbag-light/ Actually, it looks like it's a pretty common problem..........................especially on Chevys. :sleazy: :evil:          :nerd: ;) :smiley:
:rotflmao: :mooning: its a GMC.........but yeah same same.

pretty much what ole Iowaboy said!!!!!!!