Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Air bags  (Read 1509 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Ok motorheads.......got me a question........

couple days ago all of a sudden i light pops up on my dash and then where the odometer is it says "service air bag".

what kind of issue is this??? sensor of some sort???? truck wasnt bumped or hit nor was there anything out of usual done to it. the manual has all kinds of info about the passenger air bag and the only thing it has about the drivers side is if you do all kinds of non factory crap to it???///
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Google it for your year of truck.  Have never had that happen.  My light keep coming on if Jake is in the seat.  He is only 60 lbs so barely heavy enough.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Google it for your year of truck.  Have never had that happen.  My light keep coming on if Jake is in the seat.  He is only 60 lbs so barely heavy enough.
:happy1: i'll check it out later. yea shadow foes the same thing, but it depends on how he sits in the passenger seat.  :scratch:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
NAPA has a code reader you could buy. It will tell you which codes are showing and you can clear them using it too. Around $55.00. Or just try taking the negative cable off the battery.  :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
O Reiley's does it for free... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
NAPA has a code reader you could buy. It will tell you which codes are showing and you can clear them using it too. Around $55.00. Or just try taking the negative cable off the battery.  :happy1:
will removing the negative cable require me to have to reset all my radio stations and such! :confused:

Such a pain. :pouty:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just had the cable off on my F250 and everything came back on after that. But then again it’s not Chev.  :rotflmao: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
will removing the negative cable require me to have to reset all my radio stations and such! :confused:

replaced the battery in the car and truck and all presets stayed there...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I did the Google machine,  it says it could a seat belt issue, bad wire or sensor. With what I have to deal with to disconnect the negative cable,  since I'll need a new battery this winter I'll replace the battery. Thinking a trip to O'Reilly tomorrow iffin it ain't raining.

I yanked on the drivers side seat belt, so we shall see  :scratch:

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

No not at all, just yank-it baby! 🤭🤭
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so......i took the truck to Oreilly's. they hooked up there little gizmo.  it came back............

consult an auto professional........no error......er something to that extent is what it came up with!!!!!!! :bonk: :doofus: :crazy:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What does that mean?  LOLOL  There is something wrong or not??? 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Iowaboy to the rescue.  He texted me, apparently a sensor nut/ bolt is corroded and thinks it's an inexpensive fix. It'll have to wait till I get back from the cabin.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: This says there's 7 reasons why your airbag light could be on https://www.autonationmobileservice.com/i/blog/airbag-light/ Actually, it looks like it's a pretty common problem..........................especially on Chevys. :sleazy: :evil:          :nerd: ;) :smiley:
« Last Edit: July 07/07/24, 07:44:43 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: This says there's 7 reasons why your airbag light could be on https://www.autonationmobileservice.com/i/blog/airbag-light/ Actually, it looks like it's a pretty common problem..........................especially on Chevys. :sleazy: :evil:          :nerd: ;) :smiley:
:rotflmao: :mooning: its a GMC.........but yeah same same.

pretty much what ole Iowaboy said!!!!!!!

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Most likely you need a front impact sensor Glenn. Let me know what the actual codes is via text or whatever.

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Oh and for the record fellers if the light is on the bags will not work. So handle that as you wish just letting you know its back to the old fashioned hang on tight and you might eat the steering wheel.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Most likely you need a front impact sensor Glenn. Let me know what the actual codes is via text or whatever.
John, When I  get back home I'm bringing it in.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just have to tell you Glenn.  When I first saw the "air bags" I thought it may be something different completely.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
finally......got the truck back. was supposed to be done yesterday but they ran into issues with other vehicles i guess.  no biggy as i really didnt need it.

so $276.00 later.....it was an airbag harness that was worn thru. looking at the bill  :scratch: :scratch: i didnt get charged for a harness??? as long as it was there and i needed an oil change anyway i had them do that.

not doing that again..........that alone was over 70 bucks........i can do 2 changes for that money........but air bag is fixed, now i can load fer the cabin!!!! :happy1: :sleazy:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Costs me $35 here at Woody's in Baudette for an oil change. :sleazy:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
finally......got the truck back. was supposed to be done yesterday but they ran into issues with other vehicles i guess.  no biggy as i really didnt need it.

so $276.00 later.....it was an airbag harness that was worn thru. looking at the bill  :scratch: :scratch: i didnt get charged for a harness??? as long as it was there and i needed an oil change anyway i had them do that.

not doing that again..........that alone was over 70 bucks........i can do 2 changes for that money........but air bag is fixed, now i can load fer the cabin!!!! :happy1: :sleazy:
Spose they figured they raped you enough.  35 buck's fer an oil change is dynamite lps, for my 6.4 , 7 qts alone is more than that at Walmart,  and I get a filter for free thru the oldest.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think they do charge me a little more for my truck now that you mention it.  $35 was for the wifes Impala. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Costs me $35 here at Woody's in Baudette for an oil change. :sleazy:
We bought the Traverse from him back in the fall of 2019. Won't ever make that mistake again.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered if you liked the car and the deal you got. I've never bought a car from them.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The deal was alright. But it had a broken mirror on it and he said he could get a paint match mirror in a week. So we bought it. He got a used mirror off of ebay that didn't work. Then a month goes by. I call him. Nothing yet. I call him another month later and gets pissy because I am bugging him. Said when he finds one he will call. then 6 months go by and I finally call. "Oh yeah, guess I forgot got. I better look again. Then nothing again for a few months. So about the year and a half mark I finally bought my own off of ebay and did it myself. Also when we bought it we noticed his oil change sticker was like a foot over from the corner when most places put them right in the upper left corner of the windshield. We thought nothing of it. When the first oil change was due we brought it into the shop in Warroad that normally does it for us. They put their sticker in the upper left corner. We got home and pulled Woody's sticker off of the windshield. Here is a crack in the windshield about 2-1/2" long. :angry2: Jerk tried to hide it. I even asked some people from Baudette before we went over there and looked at it how reputable he was. Sure didn't expect that. Needless to say, not a good experience with him.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They have always been good to us with repairs and maintenance.  I don't blame you for being upset. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Wowser JB, hopefully you left a nasty online review. That's where I'd start and won't stop.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
When you lose your reputation you've really lost a lot.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I did no online review or anything like that. I just told people I know in the area. This is the most online that have done.