Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Pheasant Recipes  (Read 18970 times)

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club
Please post your favorite Pheasant recipes to share.  ;)
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman

Offline rem

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Talk to your local butcher and have them smoked. Costs about 1.75 a bird you cant get a can of cream of mushroom for that. Perfect for ice fishing, sitting in the tree stand or watching the vikes with a cold one. The best place I have found is econmart in granite falls (dave)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Not BBQ but Good!!

This one is awesome...I think it is the best pheasant I have ever eaten!!

3 Pheasant Breasts
1 Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup (Roasted Garlic Flavor-Campbells)
1 Soup Can of Milk
3/4 Cup Instant Brown Rice
1 Pack Lipton Onion Soup Mix

Mix can of soup and one can of milk together. Once it is mixed well, add 3/4 of  the onion soup mix and mix (saving 1/4 of the dry mix). Add any spices you may choose if you necassary. I added a little garlic salt and pepper.

Take rice and put into a casserole dish. Spread around evenly. Pour in 3/4 of the mixture into rice and mix it around. Make sure it is spread evenly and then put the Pheasant breasts in the dish. With the last 1/4 of the soup and milk mix add the last 1/4 of dry soup mix and mix well. Pour thicker mix over the pheasant breasts.

Cover and Bake at 350 for one hour. Take cover off and bake for an additional 15 minutes and it should be done.

This will taste awesome!!!!!

Above you have one Pheasant Breast, Rice, Mashed Potatoes, and Asparagus. This was one of the best pheasant dinners I have ever had....No lie!

For mashed taters..try the Betty Crocked Instant Mash (garlic)...They are awesome.

Offline rem

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
mayfly skin them and yes leave the legs attached clean the bird cool water and freeze. I freeze mine in a gallon freezer bags full of water so they dont get frost bit. When i get them back they are fully cooked and froze. my 3 year old loves them 

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
My favorite is cutting all the meat of the bone into small chunks.  Then frying them up in a pan and using a pack of Enchilada mix.  Then follow your favorite enchilada recipe just substituting pheasant as the meat.  My mother-inlaw hates pheasant, but looks forward to christmas dinner at our place every year because this is what I make.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
  • NorthernGal --Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
PHEASANT AND WILD RICE CASSEROLE

1 pheasant, cut up
1 box wild and long grain rice
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
1 sm. onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, diced
1 can mushrooms
1 can chicken broth

Mix all ingredients together in a 2 quart casserole, and put the pheasant on top. cover and bake 1 1/2 to 2 hours at 350 degrees F. Pour 1 can celery soup over top of casserole. Heat and serve.
the hurrier I go, the behinder I get
Best place for Bait.....Babes Bait... Babe's is locally known as “the best little bait shop in Ely”. Tackle and Fresh Bait

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
PHEASANT WITH SCOTCH WHISKEY

1 pheasant, quartered
4-6 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup Scotch whiskey
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tbsp. flour
1 cup heavy cream
Salt
Pepper
1/2 to 1 cup hot water
1 sm. onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup mushrooms
White or wild rice (or a mixture)

Pat pheasant dry, season with salt and pepper and roll in flour. Slowly brown in butter, uncovered for 25-30 minutes. Pour Scotch over meat; cover and cook 5 minutes.

Add chicken broth and 1/2 cup water. Simmer until meat is tender. Remove meat; cover and keep warm.

Simmer pan drippings, 1 tbsp. butter, thinly sliced onion, and mushrooms until tender. Heat the cream until just under boiling in a separate pan. Turn heat up under drippings and rapidly mix in 1 tbsp. flour. Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup additional hot water if needed. Stir in hot cream. Serve pheasant on hot cooked rice and pour gravy over meat.

Best place for Bait.....Babes Bait... Babe's is locally known as “the best little bait shop in Ely”. Tackle and Fresh Bait

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
SMOTHERED PHEASANT

1 pheasant, boned and cut into bite size chunks
Pancake flour or flour
Butter or margarine
1/2 cup onions, diced
2 cups carrots, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
3 cups water

Dust pheasant chunks with flour and brown in butter in skillet. Add water and vegetables and simmer until tender. If necessary, add more water so it can make its own gravy. Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
LEMON PHEASANT

1 pheasant, bones and cut into small pieces
1 tbsp. sherry or hearty burgundy
1 tbsp. soy sauce
2 eggs
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 to 2 cups salad oil
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tbsp. lemon juice, plus water to make 1 cup liquid
Pepper
Lemon, thinly sliced

Combine pheasant with wine and soy sauce in a large bowl. Let stand for 30 minutes. Turn frequently so all pieces are covered with sauce. Beat eggs in a small bowl and beat in 1/4 cup cornstarch and baking powder to form a smooth batter. Heat oil to 350 degrees F. in wok or large skillet.

Coat bird with batter and fry until browned. Combine sugar, 1 tbsp. cornstarch, water-lemon juice combination, plus a few drops of yellow food coloring. Put in saucepan and boil until clear. Add more sugar or lemon if needed. Pour sauce over fried pheasant and serve on a bed of lettuce. Garnish with thin lemon slices and serve with steamed rice.

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
PHEASANT IN RED WINE

1 pheasant
6 tbsp. butter, softened
Salt
Pepper, freshly ground
1/2 cup onions, chopped fine
1 cup dry red wine
1/2 cup chicken stock
Bay leaf
2 slices lean bacon
1 cup fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 tbsp. flour
1/3 cup heavy cream

Wash pheasant under cold water and pat dry inside and out with paper towels. Rub cavity with 1 tbsp. soft butter and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Truss bird with kitchen cord.

Heat 3 tbsp. butter in Dutch oven or heavy casserole dish over moderate head, add pheasant and brown on all sides. Do not burn. Place pheasant on plate.

Add onions to Dutch oven or heavy casserole and cook until brown, stirring occasionally. Add wine and bring to a boil, scraping bits from side of oven. Stir in water or stock, bay leaf, 1/2 tsp. salt, and a few grindings of pepper.

Return pheasant and juices to Dutch oven and drape 2 slices of bacon across breast. Cover and simmer 45 minutes at low heat until tender. Test doneness by piercing thigh with tip of knife. Juice should be clear yellow; if tinged with pink, simmer for a few more minutes. Place bird on platter and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Discard bay leaf.

To make sauce, melt remaining butter in skilled over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute or so.

Transfer contents of skillet to Dutch oven with rubber spatula. Stir in heavy cream and simmer until sauce thickens slightly. Taste and season. Carve pheasant into serving pieces, cover with sauce and serve at once with wild rice side dish.

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
BRANDY AND CREAM PHEASANT

2 pheasants, cleaned
4 slices bacon
2 green onions, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tbsp. butter
1/3 cup brandy
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 cups cream
3 tbsp. horseradish

Cover each pheasant with 2 slices bacon and truss, keeping the bacon in place. Brown onions, garlic, and pheasants in butter in skillet. Remove to broiler pan and pour in the pan juices. Pour brandy over pheasant and ignite. Add chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Bake 35-45 minutes at 375 degrees F. until tender, basting frequently. Stir cream and horseradish into pan juices. Bake 15 minutes longer and serve with cream sauce.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Pheasant- Grouse-Chicken

Pan frying your bird breast is quick and easy.
Thinly slice your breast and roll in beaten egg, then shake in a bag of flour with salt, pepper and some Mrs. Dash original
Cook in a pan with melted butter. ( don't burn the butter, cast iron pans are the best)
takes but a few minutes. You can also add some chopped sweet onions and mushrooms.
Not really a meal because they have a hard time making it from the pan to the table..
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
Golden Pheasant Nuggets

# 2 whole Pheasant breasts, cut in 1" squares
# 2 Eggs, beaten
# 1 c. Beer
# 1 ½ tsp. Salt
# 4 tsp. Sesame seeds
# 1 c. Flour

Mix together all ingredients but the pheasant breasts. Dip pheasant squares in batter. Deep-fry the pheasant at 375°F for 3 to 5 minutes.

Offline letgofishing

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Pheasants are coming soon!!!
I'm FORWARDING to Hunting Pheasants.....

Here is the Pheasant recipe YOU will LOVE it...

6 Breasts Grind 2 times then 1lb. apple wood smoked bacon Grind once then put all together then Grind one time. And then MAKE Pheasants Burger....  Yummy

You Guys can try Grind Duck or Goose burger If you would like Try it... remember you have add apple wood smoked bacon together too

good luck and safety hunting...

Daniel Rud

Offline sjohnnie26

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Similar to "The General" :chef: we chop the pheasant into small pieces and make fajitas using any old chicken fajita recipe.  Green peppers, onions, etc.
"AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL"  -Jeff Simpson

Offline pheasantman2121

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
This one is called SWISS PHEASANT

3 or 4 breasts
4 pieces of swiss cheese
1 can of cream of chicken
1 box of stove top stuffing
1/2 stick of butter or margarine (melted)

Take a cake pan and spray bottom of it with some non stick cooking spray.  Then ley down pheasant breasts.  Then put swiss cheese of the top of them.  then take your can of soup and put over top of pheasant.  Then take and put the bag of stuffing on the top of the soup and then drizzel the butter over the stuffing.  And cook in a 350 oven for 50 - 60 minutes.

You can also add some ham over the top of the pheasant breast and then the rest of the ingridents and it is just like pheasant cordon blue.
For all your HVAC needs contact me at
763-587-5796

Labs 4 Me

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
I copied the horse an hunt... I took my pheasant cut the breast into strips and beer battered (you can buy the mix at cub) then, dropped them in the deep fryer and dunked em in a sweet and sour sauce..
those were freaking yummy.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
At prairie pot hole days this past weekend I had some pretty good pheasant. 

1. cut pheasant into small pieces
2. take a piece, add a slice of pickled Jalapeno and rap some bacon around the whole thing with a tooth pick stuck through the middle.
3.  grill 8-10 minutes.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Pheasant in Sour Cream

1 pheasant, cut in serving pieces
Flour, salt and pepper, fat
1 c. sour cream (regular or reduced fat)
3 Tbsp. dry onion soup mix
1/2 c. milk

Coat pheasant with flour, salt and pepper. Brown in hot fat. Combine cream, soup mix and milk; pour over browned meat. Cover. Bake at 350° F 1 hour or until tender.

Makes 4 servings. Per serving (recipe as is): 352 calories, 25 g fat, 9 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber and 90 mg cholesterol.

Per serving (recipe with reduced fat sour cream): 326 calories, 22 g fat, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber and 88 mg cholesterol.

www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline indyefi500

• Outdoorsman
Anyone have a Pheasant chili recipe?  I had some last year but the cook will not give me the recipe.  It was out of this world.  It was a white chili which really threw me but WOW it was good.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
this is actually a reciepe I got for goose but its great with rooster. bake in a roaster with onions water seasonings till done.
debone.
put meat and some juice in a cake pan.
add 2 packages of lipton dry onion and mushroom soup mix
add juice from  2 cans mushrooms make sure meat is almost covered with juice.
let set in frig over nite.
put mushrooms on top bake at 250-300 degrees for 2 1/2 hours or till juice is a little thick.
ENJOY  served with spuds.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!