Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 532693 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It is all NASCAR stuff Gunner.
:scratch: It wasn't when I posted it :confused:.................how about now? I changed it in the post above too. https://www.vikings.com/news/shaquill-griffin-cornerback-free-agency-agree-to-terms
« Last Edit: March 03/20/24, 07:36:26 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now it is good.   :happy1:  This sounds good.  We will have to have a list of players and numbers when we watch the Vikes this year.
« Last Edit: March 03/20/24, 07:57:03 AM by LPS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now I hear Florio saying that if the Falcons are charged with tampering the Vikes will get a draft pick.  ???   Hope it is right.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Perhaps a compensatory pick between the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  I'm not sure why that just popped into my head.  for all I know, that could be a baseball rule.  I don't have time to do the research now.  But it IS good news if true.  'Cause you gotta figure Kapt. Kirk was on his way out the door, tampering or not.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And like I said.  I think they are just fine giving up a pick so they insured they would end up with Kirk. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Perhaps a compensatory pick between the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  I'm not sure why that just popped into my head.  for all I know, that could be a baseball rule.  I don't have time to do the research now.  But it IS good news if true.  'Cause you gotta figure Kapt. Kirk was on his way out the door, tampering or not.
I looked into it last week & this is about the best pc I found on it...https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/vikings-comp-pick-update-two-2025-third-rounders-board#:~:text=K.J.%20Osborn%20signi It even does a pretty good job of explaining how it works.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Gunner.  I will read it again when I have more time too.  What I am still confused about is dead cap money? 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Now it is good.   :happy1:  This sounds good.  We will have to have a list of players and numbers when we watch the Vikes this year.

Yeah.....I will be watching and constantly saying..."Who's He???"
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 A couple more today, with only 3 or 4, who play on offense..............so far. https://vikingsterritory.com/2024/news/top_news/vikings-make-it-14-newcomers-with-latest-free-agent-move  :scratch:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I looked into it last week & this is about the best pc I found on it...https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/vikings-comp-pick-update-two-2025-third-rounders-board#:~:text=K.J.%20Osborn%20signi It even does a pretty good job of explaining how it works.
No one understands the NFL's formula for determining who gets what compensation pick and why.  And I think they change it all the time.  Security thru obscurity.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
You are right about none of the fans understanding the formula for compensatory picks being awarded  :scratch: but someone in King Roger's office has to & I have to think that there's someone in every team's Personnel Dept that knows the ins & outs of how it is applied as well. As for it changing all the time, I don't believe that's possible as it's part of current NFL CBA. :confused: https://overthecap.com/compensatory-formula

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yer right I don't understand this stuff.  If I read that right...  Since the Vikes lost a valuable player to free agency, they will receive a compensatory pick.

BUT...  IF there was tampering, will they receive an additional compensatory pick, or will the compensatory pick they get be better, or will they get one of Atlanta's picks?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see that Blake Brandel may be a starter so may not resign Risnor

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yer right I don't understand this stuff.  If I read that right...  Since the Vikes lost a valuable player to free agency, they will receive a compensatory pick.

BUT...  IF there was tampering, will they receive an additional compensatory pick, or will the compensatory pick they get be better, or will they get one of Atlanta's picks?
Because the Vikings have lost six CFAs to other teams and signed four CFAs, they're in line to get third-round picks from Kirk Cousins and Danielle Hunter, who have signed two of the three biggest free agent contracts in the league (in terms of average annual value) this spring. Notably, players who are released by their previous teams (such as Aaron Jones or Jerry Tillery) don't count in the formula. Because we've lost 6 & signed 4 is what makes it 2 picks & the AAV of the new deals they signed is what makes them 3rd round picks, which is the highest the league hands out.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I did a search on the tampering & all the articles that popped up are from MSN. :sad: I never have any luck posting a link to MSN so I've found that it can be done by posting the search link instead. https://www.bing.com/search?pglt=169&q=vikings+getting+picks+for+atlanta+tampering+with+cousins&cvid=a9f5c885d82a4 I liked the pc beside the pic of Kirk.  :confused:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
I think we should say these are for 2025.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
The Vikings currently have the most “dead money” on their books in the NFL.

That means they are weighed down by salary cap charges ($57.3 million, according to Over The Cap) they are paying on contracts for players who aren’t on the team. The majority of that comes from the acceleration of void years and signing bonus charges from Cousins and Hunter.

When that money comes off the books, the Vikings will have the financial freedom to make some big-time impact signings in free agency next March. Based on Over The Cap’s projected salary cap figure of $260 million for 2025, the Vikings would rank 10th in the NFL with $90.975 million to spend. The cap for 2025 isn’t set yet, so that figure could increase and the Vikings also will have the ability to clear more space.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
So this kinda IS a throw-away, rebuilding year, and you'd think that anything they do this year ought to be done to set themselves up to make a bigger push next year.  Good info, Ken.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I think we should say these are for 2025.
Yes, any comp picks awarded the Vikes would be for 2025 & the title of the link above does say 2025 in it. https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/vikings-comp-pick-update-two-2025-third-rounders-board#:~:text=K.J.%20Osborn% They might gain a pick, but that's not always so, for Atlanta's tampering & that would be for 2025 also.
« Last Edit: March 03/21/24, 01:39:51 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Brandel is still listed as #2 behind Ingram at RG on the depth chart but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. According to this..https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/vikings-ufa-profile-lg-dalton-risner Risner likes to play hardball at contract time & Pro Football Focus says he had the worst year of his career. They have him at 44 out of 65 guards who played at least 500 snaps. So, they might have their eye on another FA or somebody in the draft. :confused:
« Last Edit: March 03/21/24, 04:10:14 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Brandel is still listed as #2 behind Ingram at RG on the depth chart but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. According to this..https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/vikings-ufa-profile-lg-dalton-risner Risner likes to play hardball at contract time & Pro Football Focus says he had the worst year of his career. They have him at 44 out 65 guards who played at least 500 snaps. So, they might have their eye on another FA or somebody in the draft. :confused:
:scratch: didnt he do that last year also???/ and why the Vikings got him??? pretty soon he'll end up without a football job!!! 
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: He sure did, glenn. :doah:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Risner is thought to be 1 of the better pass blocking guards in the league but as good as he is at that, his run blocking is graded as being among the worst too. :scratch: Feeney, an early FA signing can play guard but he's #2 behind Bradbury at center too.
« Last Edit: March 03/22/24, 09:52:45 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
If we plan on running the ball more I think a full size center would be a good idea  :scratch:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Bradbury just signed a new 15.75 mil/9.8 mil guaranteed /3-year deal last season. So, I'd be really surprised if he isn't on the field, if he's healthy. :confused:
« Last Edit: March 03/22/24, 02:39:54 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
If we plan on running the ball more I think a full size center would be a good idea  :scratch:
they said they wanted to run the ball more last year.  :crazy: :doofus:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the QBs were running for their life. Does that count????  :rotflmao:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the QBs were running for their life. Does that count????  :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :happy1: yea I'd say so. :surrender:

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
:scratch: Bradbury just signed a new 15.75 mil/9.8 mil guaranteed /3-year deal last season, so I'd be really surprised if he isn't on the field, if he's healthy. :confused:

Really, guess I had not heard that. I do not understand why we paid him that much he is tiny.  :thumbs:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They tried at the start of the season, but their #1 guy was lucky to average 3 yds/carry. That was good enough to make their run game 28th in a 32-team league. :pouty:
« Last Edit: March 03/22/24, 02:37:47 PM by Gunner55 »