Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Chaos in afgan~  (Read 19905 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Here we go,suicide bomber at kabul airport today,our troopers hurt,civilians killed...lets see if sippy cup can make a decision....letting the tali tell biden what's what is an embarrassment as biden stands down,his incompetence is once again endangering our troopers and ppl.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Ya knew that was gonna happen. 1100 Americans still there that they just said that won't be getting out....that's what pizzes me off. What happens to them? Don't need to think hard on THAT one.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/high-threat-terror-attack-disrupts-kabul-airport-evacuations-biden-deadline-n1277670
« Last Edit: August 08/26/21, 12:18:05 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Oddly Afghanistan is a good size piece of land and all we hear about is what's happening in Kabul. No other issue happening around the country, no other Americans stuck somewhere, no other airports people are trying to get out of? 
There are 4 International and there are also about 16 regional domestic airports which are spread over the country in various provinces.

Not a peep if any Americans are trying to get out of any of the other are having their heads cut off?  :mad1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
more Marines were killed there today again..........   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sad, I remember too well when we lost over 240 servicemen in Beirut in the 80's when Reagan was president. We pay a heavy price for our worldwide presence.

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Sad, I remember too well when we lost over 240 servicemen in Beirut in the 80's when Reagan was president. We pay a heavy price for our worldwide presence.
Whataboutisum! Different time and place. We didn't pullout and leave a bunch of citizens we had to go back for.  :surrender:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Respectfully, those Americans were told to get out well before our military left.

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Respectfully, those Americans were told to get out well before our military left.
Not sure I believe that many people would have stayed knowing the danger if they were told. I think our genius at the top wanted to pull everyone out before anyone knew they were gone. Thats why they tucked their tail and evacuated leaving so much hardware behind. Which was another brilliant move! 🤪

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Trump set the troop withdrawal timeline. Is that the genius you're referring to?

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Trump set the troop withdrawal timeline. Is that the genius you're referring to?
Setting a date, and how you plan it are two different things. Just another excuse they get to try and use. Like "we inherited the boarder crisis" 💩

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Boarder??????

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Afghan carpenter.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
To be clear, we have left billions of dollars worth of weapons every time we pull out of these conflicts. It's not a Republican / Democrat thing, it's a armed forces thing. Train them and leave them the munitions to use against us next time

It's stupid, but it's what we do to keep the war machine wheels greased.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

Yup,Trump had the game plan,put the tali in check,warned them of consequences if any of our ppl or allies were fired upon,the tali's were in check,this months ahead of what's taking place now,Trump listened to field commanders unlike numb nut's biden,plan was in place last year,move our ppl/allies out first,then equipment then our military.....but "no" it's was Trump's plan now this shete show,our trooper's under fire,soft target's hit which we knew was coming,gonna get worse before it get's better.this clown biden has blood on his hands,a total failure yet aas clueless as he is still they won't impeach....f-up.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
In general I don't think calling to impeach the president is the best way forward for the country; but also specifically in this instance where the alternative to Sno Cone Joe is Hyena Harris.

But I sure do wish voters would wise up, open their eyes, and so something different at election time.  We'll have our opportunity again in the mid-term elections.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Ageed steve-o,the entire admin needs to go,sad thing is no replacements if this should happen,our country is in a sad state today,weak leader ship...worse case scenario,sippy cup biden/harris out,then pelosi,schumer moves in,god help us.

Offline savage270

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

So Biden was able to reverse course on Trump's policies regarding the border, Paris climate deal, US energy independence, WHO, COVID response, illegal aliens, Federal regulations, foreign and domestic terrorism defense, unions, international trade and Obamacare, but had absolutely no leeway whatsoever on the timeline to withdraw troops from Afgan?  I'd say that is one of the most intellectually weak arguments I've ever heard.  Biden owns this mess 100%. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

So Biden was able to reverse course on Trump's policies regarding the border, Paris climate deal, US energy independence, WHO, COVID response, illegal aliens, Federal regulations, foreign and domestic terrorism defense, unions, international trade and Obamacare, but had absolutely no leeway whatsoever on the timeline to withdraw troops from Afgan?  I'd say that is one of the most intellectually weak arguments I've ever heard.  Biden owns this mess 100%.
i agree savage..........thing is this ah!t show would of happened regardless of who's occupying the white house. wether it be trump, biden, any one of  the bushes..............to me it wouldnt of mattered.

i will say this, depending on who was there at the time, things would morethen likely be handled differently.but hey biden said he was gonna to hunt them down!!!!! yea right!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't watch Biden anymore. Every time I see him I think of Walter and crack up.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: now that you mention it!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

On second thought, think Walter has more smarts!!!
« Last Edit: August 08/27/21, 11:28:37 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
i agree savage..........thing is this ah!t show would of happened regardless of who's occupying the white house. wether it be trump, biden, any one of  the bushes..............to me it wouldnt of mattered.

Been thinking about this aspect of it a lot, and you are right. 

THE problem is that the Afghan people did not put up any effective resistance to the the Taliban.  No president was going to "solve" this problem or avert the loss of life (to American soldiers, citizens, and our allies and Afghan citizens who help our military) that was bound to happen when the Afghan army folded.

Still, I can't imagine our president doing a worse job of managing the crisis.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly.  Finally some sense.  When you say when the date is in advance the scumbags are preparing for it.  More than we knew.  The Afghan army didn't even try to resist.  They probably already had a deal in place to join the scumbags long ago.  SO there was never going to be smooth transition.  The people that didn't get their sh_t together and heed the warnings and get the heck out are now realizing their bad decisions.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like Sweden and Norway. They just stay the heck outta everything.
Why we have to defend a country that's never defended itself, and never will is beyond me. Kinda like me going over and mowing and trimming the neighbor's yard becuz they're too lazy to do it, and always will be.  :rolleyes:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
13 soldiers dead and Sippy Cup sez, "We will hunt you down and make you pay."  Really?   :confused:

A one-off splinter group isn't responsible for this.   :angry2:  Its the f-ing Taliban!!!   And, Sleepy Joe is in the process of handing the country back to them.  What makes anyone believe that retribution for this act will be - or even can be - extracted.

I reckon that sometime between now and when we leave the keys to the Kabul airport under the doormat, there will be a drone strike somewhere and Sno Cone will break into prime time TV slots to say, "We got them bastards that did that to us."

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Interesting how all the Cocid experts are now experts on Afghanistan and world policy.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Interesting how all the Cocid experts are now experts on Afghanistan and world policy.

It's very, very apparent to me that being a "expert" requires a microphone and very little else. You are no more a expert on any of this than the rest of us. Even being new here i've read enough of your stuff to understand that. Just because you have a opinion, doesn't make that opinion correct.    :coffee:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Right back at ya!

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I like Sweden and Norway. They just stay the heck outta everything.
Why we have to defend a country that's never defended itself, and never will is beyond me. Kinda like me going over and mowing and trimming the neighbor's yard becuz they're too lazy to do it, and always will be.  :rolleyes:
Come on Reb, what do they have anyone wants? Lutefisk and Cod! 😆