Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Row the boat 2023  (Read 16741 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
So the Twins bowed out of the play-offs.
The Wild are just ramping up.
Timberpuppies........ well nobody cares about them.
All eyes are on the Vikings in Chicago.

Ol Smoke & Mirrors couldn't ask for a better situation with his crappy team.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Hope PJ is watching the Bears game. Thats the same kind of putrid offense Gopher fans have to watch. Zero QB talent and zero imagination on offense.

Hard to watch isn't it?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just looked and I see that the Gophers are 23.5 point underdogs today.  Gonna be a great game.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  SO if they lose by 22 they cover the spread.  The Gophers have a 6% chance of winning. 

Correction:  They are 27.5 pt underdogs. 
« Last Edit: November 11/18/23, 09:35:24 AM by LPS »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Do we think ol PJ could be fighting for his job? A blowout loss today and a Wisconsin loss next week doesn't bode well for his boat.

Is being "elite" an illusion for him? Is he still rowing the boat?

Smoke & Mirrors might be the only thing that hasn't changed since day 1 with him.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I suppose votes for "coach of the year" for Fleck are out of the question?     :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
In the first half I thought now way will they score that many points.  The Gophers D was slowing them down pretty good.  Then the chit hit the fan.  It looked like Ohio knew what plays we were doing as soon as they heard the count.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
That game was over before the team left Minnesota. OSU has a third string that would run over the Gophers. I didn't watch or listen to the game but i'd bet the OSU starters were out after a series or two in the third quarter.

I can only imagine what next year will bring if PJ try's to run this offense out there next year. There was a failure this year....was it because of recruiting? Did they get the wrong QB? Has the bloom come off the flower with the players? Can PJ coach? Can he hire good coaches? Can he recruit? Lots of questions.

Since Morgan left it has become 100% players that Fleck brought in. Has the program been going forward these last few years? What will happen when the West Coast teams get here next year? With the exception of Minnesota Mens Hockey have any of the programs improved under Coyles leadership? Has he given to much money to the football program that all others have suffered?

If you think I don't like Fleck as a person you are wrong. I don't know him & as a person I have no opinion of him. As a coach ya, he is 1/4 step above Brewster.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
This boat has a lot of leaks and is sinking. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Well......will the rodents get to a bowl this year.???

Must win game against Wisc. Lose and the season ends......no meaningless bowl.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered how they stood on a bowl game. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Need 6 wins.....Gophers have 5. Need to win on Saturday.

Wisconsin has 6 so they are bowl eligible

Iowa will win the Big Ten West. Will play either Mich. or Ohio State. Which ever one wins on Sat.
« Last Edit: November 11/21/23, 01:40:36 PM by KEN W »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So that is the last game of the year.  I didn't realize that.  That's why we need to cut the cheese on WI. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
They did more than cut the cheese, they 💩 the bed! No bowl game for Dutchy's favorite coach. Pathetic play calling. Horrid turnovers. With the additional teams being added to the B1G, ending on a sour note like that does not bode well for next year. Basketball team looks poor & hockey team hasn't lived up to expectations. Be a long winter after PJ'S team stinking the place up.
« Last Edit: November 11/25/23, 06:08:10 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
 :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Season's over.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
My last Gopher football prediction of the year...............PJ will cut and run to another program.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Well whats he to do? His coaching is suspect. His recruiting is suspect. He cried about the portal & NIL money. The Pac 12 bad boys are heading his way. Other than the 4 give me's there will be no other games he'll be favored in. He's been exposed, this team did it to him. If he sticks around for another year it's another year of being beat around like in pinata.

Yes I promise.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
From Dec 7, 2022  :doah:

Minnesota and head coach P.J. Fleck have agreed to a new seven-year, $42 million deal, an increase of $1 million per year over his previous deal. Fleck has the most wins by a Gophers coach through six seasons since 1905.
 :thumbs: :pouty:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
The Gophers finish the regular season at 5-7 and will now wait to see if there are enough bowl-eligible teams with six wins. If there are not, the Gophers will have a chance to be selected for a bowl game which will be decided after next week's conference championship games.

They should just stay home and call it a year.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
... If he sticks around for another year it's another year of being beat around like in pinata.
Why wouldn't he stay.   :confused:  Who else is going to give him $7M per year?  :scratch:
 :crazy:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hot off the press.  The Gophers will be in a bowl game due to finishing records and they Gophers having the highest academic points of the 5 remaining teams.  Glad to hear that academics matters in sports. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Hot off the press.  The Gophers will be in a bowl game due to finishing records and they Gophers having the highest academic points of the 5 remaining teams.  Glad to hear that academics matters in sports.
But only when it comes to the Basement Bowls.  Now maybe if academics was part of the equation to determine who gets into the group of playoff teams, then, perhaps it really would matter - but until then...  :coffee:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: My team played on Friday. :whistling:            :sleazy: :evil:          ;) :smiley: :smiley:
« Last Edit: November 11/26/23, 10:09:22 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I watched a lot of it but wasn't going to say anything until you did.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :shocked: Quite the ending..............again, huh? :scratch: :rolleyes: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes it was.  Heck of a game.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like the Quick Line Bowl in Detroit on Dec 26.

There are 80 teams going to bowls.....Gophers are number 80. :thumbs:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Right on.  So  they are in the top of the group.   :sleazy: