Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4982957 times)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning campers. Looks to be a fine day.
      Got the first mowing done of the yard. I don't call it a lawn since there isn't actually much grass in my yard. Wide selection of weeds, though. I do the first mowing with old, beat up blades. Good thing, too. I bent one of the blades on a brick I think I left in the yard. My bad.
      Few odds and ends to do today. Nothing big.
      Stay safe everyone.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 50 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. No rain but I did catch the 1st armyworm moth in the pheromone trap for the season so there is that. Not a lot pressing, yet, anyway. Trip to the PO, bank & maybe the grocery store before venturing out to see how some of the corn and soybeans are faring thus far. Guessing they're fine but guessing isn't knowing. Hopefully get some time late in the day to move some of slop around in the sheep lot. Was still wetter than I liked yesterday so punted on that. Besides, I had to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with Misael, my Mexican pal. Our wives are worried that we hit it off a little too well. When they start yacking, we have a beer or several & wander around. Perfectly normal male behavior. His English is fair but he has trouble translating from Spanish sometimes. I know enough Spanish to be damn good and dangerous so it takes a while. :coffee:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Boat guides were finished up yesterday. Turned out Ok. A bit of a learning curve with the auto-darkening welding helmet. Still want to nod my head forward when it's down. I also found another .95" of rain in the gauge from Friday night. Puts me to 3.90" so far since I put out rain gauge. Toro is full of gas and the old blades on it so it's time to cut the yard for the first time. Too windy to spray today, but that's the next project to get working. Later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers.  Done for the day. Plan was to plant some seeds today, but pretty breezy for the small fine seeds do may wait and mow lawn today,  after my physical. 

Doc said bloodwork looked good. :happy1:
« Last Edit: May 05/06/24, 01:05:11 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
So you go see a soctor??
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers.  Done for the day. Plan was to plant some seeds today, but pretty breezy for the small fine seeds do may wait and mow lawn today,  after my physical. 

Soc said bloodwork looked good. :happy1:

:scratch: :scratch:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Soc said bloodwork looked good. :happy1:

:scratch: :scratch:
Wonder if it was a full blown physical where soc fondled his....awww never mind. Good to hear chum!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doah: :happy1: :rotflmao: NO he didn't fondle!!  :tut: :tut:  my laptop is on the fritz  :confused: so it's the phone and really small keyboard! :doah:

He says I got a murmur,  so going to have an echocardiagram done, otherwise  you'll  be putting up with me for a while yet! :happy1: :mooning:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
So I took off from the garage to the county road in the front yard. Pretty wet and didn’t like the black racing stripes in the yard. So let’s do the back yard where’s there is only only one small wet spot. Yeah right. Haven’t done that in three years.  :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: May 05/06/24, 08:03:54 PM by markn »
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yikes. That sucks Mark.

Glenn, so are you bicuspid?? When the docs discovered my heart is bicuspid, he asked if anyone ever told me I had a murmur.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yikes. That sucks Mark.

Glenn, so are you bicuspid?? When the docs discovered my heart is bicuspid, he asked if anyone ever told me I had a murmur.
NO clue he never said

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 51 here and heading for 56 it says. Supposed to start raining around mid day here. We shall see. East wind blowing off of the lake about 11 to 14 this morning. A bit choppy. Didn't do much last night. Just chilled. Now getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 54 and lite rain here..  no storms over night so it was a quiet night..  got a few things to do today...   I see the wind is still with us..   have a good day all!!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Coffee tastes good today.  Like JB said rain may arrive later.  I would like to hit the landfill first.  I sold my brush hog yesterday and a buddy and I putzed with my WD for awhile.  I need a starter solenoid.  Just for grins I checked on Amazon.  They have one for $13.  LOL  Couldn't believe it.  Then I got the boat batteries charging.  Man am I sore today.  Hip and back.  Which reminds me, how is your back doing Roony?  Good I hope.  You all have a great day. I need to be using my exercise bike more.
« Last Edit: May 05/07/24, 07:13:38 AM by LPS »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
As wet as the front yard is here it may be another 4-5 days before it gets cut. Should be tall enough to bale by then. Got the Cub Cadet hooked up to the sprayer last night and need to see if it sprays now. Looked at rain gauge, .40" so far. Looks like a trip to FF for bird seed and get the oriole and hummer feeders out today between showers. More coffee, later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning. For a while my back really seemed almost all better but the last week or two it's been hurting. It feels best in the morning but needs medication at the end of the day. We got another .85" of wind driven rain overnight.
Have a good one all.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 54 here & we're on our way to 71, I hear. Lots of thunder & lightning, with a heavy rain & nasty wind woke me up about 3 last night. Brother said he heard it ~ 2. The eye surgery went pretty well as we were leaving by about 11 & back here just a little after 12:30. He said he's a little sore today though. Going to drag the mower out of it's hiding spot today, so I can mow 1 of these next couple days. If it ever dries out. Nothin else on my list..........so far. Have a good day.
« Last Edit: May 05/07/24, 07:49:34 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The later in the day the more I am usually hurting too Roony.   Good luck, I hope it continues to get better.  Mark I still raise my hood when welding too.  I don't need to do it but haven't learned yet.  LOLOL
« Last Edit: May 05/07/24, 07:53:25 AM by LPS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning  fellers.. still a light drizzle here.  Seemed like yesterday was lawn cutting day in the neighborhood.  Got mine done too.

Got me a little weld project myself.  Going  to  make a gallon bottle jug rack for the pressure washer. Suns having to haul a jug of simple green around  besides the water hose when using both.

I tried using one of them auto parking hoods when I welded at DCI, back in the day, didn't care for it. :pouty:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The later in the day the more I am usually hurting too Roony.   Good luck, I hope it continues to get better.  Mark I still raise my hood when welding too.  I don't need to do it but haven't learned yet.  LOLOL
I do the same yet too.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 55 at choretime heading for a high around 70. Another .80" of rain at the ranch and 1.14" in Bugtussle. Nice breeze at 23 mph gusting to 28 so it should help dry things off before it rains again tomorrow nite. Good thing I moved the slop off the feed lot last nite after chores. NWS had ratcheted our forecast rain amount down to perhaps .25" so I almost blew it off. Was some pretty juicy stuff. Smelled rather organic. Got a haircut scheduled in a bit then need to attend a celebration of life for an old friend. He used to be the barber here in the office. Spent 10 years of his life in a submarine playing cat and mouse with the Soviets. Lots of stories, all of them true I'm sure. I know all the ones I told him were.  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: May 05/07/24, 04:57:51 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered about you climbing a ladder JB.  That is not an easy thing to do when something is not completely up to snuff.  RIP to your sub buddy Dotch.  Just got back from the landfill and it started raining whilst there.  Leaves are getting green now here.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear about your buddy Dotch.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
send him off with a great toast!!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My condolences Dotch.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Some union thug ingininuity and time and pressure washer project done!! :happy1:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
You're a genius!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You're a genius!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: you only realized that now!  :pouty: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
You're a genius!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: you only realized that now!  :pouty: :rotflmao: :mooning:
:scratch: still not sure I realized that yet.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: nice job.  :happy1: