Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4974936 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yesterday as it heated up we switched to shorts and T-shirts as we were planting in the garden.  15 minutes later a big dark cloud came over and it started sprinkling.  Great!  Then it started hailing.  Darn!  It lasted for about 5 minutes.  Then just rain and then hail again. 1/2 pea size so it didn't do any damage but there was a layer on the deck.  The temp dropped from about 70 down to 53 so we all changed back into our previous clothes again.  ????  What a day.  We bring the Grandson back to Park Rapids today.  May stop and buy some carrots seed.  I will cut the plastic barrel in half and plant the two halves with lettuce.  Some now and some later.   :happy1:  Have a great Memorial Day!  I will call my Dad today too!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........looks like we had some rain in the overnight......... not sure the agenda for today.....maybe clean up more helicopters... :doah: :confused: maybe wotk on weeding the garden and getting the grass clippings laid around the cukes and maters!!!!!!!!

yea LPS........changed into shorts here to but didnt need to change back!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 49* early for us & headed back to ~ 70*. Rained for close to an hour here yday, couldn't see much in the gauge earlier though. Have to see what the neighbor had, 1 of his gauges is digital. Whatever the amount, we'll take it  :happy1: :cool: as it was needed badly. Got a couple things in my sights for later, most likely find some more time for a boat ride too. Hopin your holiday's a good 1!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas 53 at stroll time going fir mid 70's they say. Ya them friggin maple tree helicopters are bad, twice I've blown off the roof and four times blown em in a pile to shovel up. Got back in town yesterday,  kinda nice not much for traffic and an extra day to clean up the garden do some mow lawnin.  Gots some fresh walleye and crappies doing a last swim in the cast iron this afternoon.. :happy1: See ya!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 51 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. .23" of rain yesterday at the ranch. Haven't been to Bugtussle yet but we'll get there. Went on the Minnetonka boat trip yesterday. Booze bus up and back too so was pooed by the time we got home. There are some purty nice shacks and the boat captain knew who belonged to a lot of them. Big puddle so it was a three hour cruise. Wasn't there a show about that?  :scratch: Plans are tentative today. After chores I fixed a broken panel, composted a dead, unloaded Ruby's food, checked the oil on the Dotch & readied it for my trip to the cemetery at Chatfield. This of course is contingent upon how many panicked phone calls I get in the meantime. Better get a move on. We're burnin' daylight... :rolleyes: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
morning,she's a dandy one at that,good day to spend on the water,be good all.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 52 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. .06" of rain yesterday afternoon at the ranch with some light pea-sized hail. Wasn't here, made the run to the cemetery yesterday. Ran into the hail south of the Clarks Grove exit a couple miles. Covered the road. Slammed 'er into 4 wheel drive & kept on trucking. Am sure we'll have a full day of talking people down off ledges & telling them the sky isn't falling. It'll all be OK until their next self-created crisis!  :bonk:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 49 here going for 77, the heat is coming...  Dotch you have all the fun!!!  no rain here yesterday and none today either..  got a few things to do today but nothing big...   have a good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 48 here heading for 80ish today. Spent the weekend off grid Glamping. It was a nice weekend to be camping. Only seen 2 skeeters all weekend.  :happy1: Can't beat that. Got home mid morning yesterday and got a few things done around home. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Mask free finely if you are vaccinated. I identify as vaccinated. ;) Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Kind of quiet here with out the boy here.  LOL  Sure fun to have him around though.  On our way home we were passed by a Hwy Patrol car and then an unmarked and then a Sanford van.  ???   Well appx 5 or 6 miles south of Waskish we arrived at the traffic jam.  Dead stop.  People ended up getting out of cars and visiting and walking around.  Some even fired up grills to eat.  Sounds like the traffic was stopped around 11:00 am.  We got there around 1.  Traffic got moving again about 3:15.  They took a Jeep Wrangler away on a truck and it was all bent to heck.  The person died.  We think the Sanford van had the body in it when it left the scene.  SO sad!  Investigators were there documenting everything.  Maybe we will see something on the news about it.   By the time we got home it was HH.  Gonna cut that plastic barrel in half today for the lettuce.  Will go buy some carrot seed and finish things up.  Need a mowing too.  We are going into a HOT streak here.  80'ish will be the cooler days for the next week and a half.  We have some upper 90's coming on the weekend!  Ouch!  The AC's will be put in the windows today!!!  The wife is home today so we should get a lot done.  She is a good Supervisor.  LOL   You all have a great day!
« Last Edit: June 06/01/21, 07:40:35 AM by LPS »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, that is crazy with what happened on HWY 72 Barry. That is a long time to stop traffic. Glad we stayed home and didn't go to Effie over the weekend.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 48* to start & headed towards the mid - upper 70's today. Had a little HH with the neighbor, all his company left yday early, he said his fancy rain gauge only showed .047" of rain.  Sure seemed like more :scratch: than that to me. Finally found a few walleyes lookin to come out & play :cool:, only 1 keeper though. The lift got some TLC in the afternoon & there was no need for waders. :happy1: A couple things in mind for today, see how far I get. Have a good 1!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......... got lotz done yesterday........we shall see what today brings...... kinda wanting to avoid the boat, but........... gotta get done!!!!!!!  :pouty: :pouty: :confused: :doah:

looking and hearing the forecast upcoming........i can do without that 90 degree crap!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :censored:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Lookin like 5 days, Thursday-Tuesday, of it here. :sad: I'll be findin a reason to spend some time in the lake for at least 2-3 of those days.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Kind of quiet here with out the boy here.  LOL  Sure fun to have him around though.  On our way home we were passed by a Hwy Patrol car and then an unmarked and then a Sanford van.  ???   Well appx 5 or 6 miles south of Waskish we arrived at the traffic jam.  Dead stop.  People ended up getting out of cars and visiting and walking around.  Some even fired up grills to eat.  Sounds like the traffic was stopped around 11:00 am.  We got there around 1.  Traffic got moving again about 3:15.  They took a Jeep Wrangler away on a truck and it was all bent to heck.  The person died.  We think the Sanford van had the body in it when it left the scene.  SO sad!  Investigators were there documenting everything.  Maybe we will see something on the news about it.   By the time we got home it was HH.  Gonna cut that plastic barrel in half today for the lettuce.  Will go buy some carrot seed and finish things up.  Need a mowing too.  We are going into a HOT streak here.  80'ish will be the cooler days for the next week and a half.  We have some upper 90's coming on the weekend!  Ouch!  The AC's will be put in the windows today!!!  The wife is home today so we should get a lot done.  She is a good Supervisor.  LOL   You all have a great day!
LPS, there was a short blurb on MSN twin cities area news about that crash. said he ran off the road into the ditch and rolled. the guy was from woobury!!!!! and the only one in the vehicle!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that is what I heard too Glenn, bad deal...

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 52 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. .06" of rain yesterday afternoon at the ranch with some light pea-sized hail. Wasn't here, made the run to the cemetery yesterday. Ran into the hail south of the Clarks Grove exit a couple miles. Covered the road. Slammed 'er into 4 wheel drive & kept on trucking. Am sure we'll have a full day of talking people down off ledges & telling them the sky isn't falling. It'll all be OK until their next self-created crisis!  :bonk:
I would probably tell them to go ahead and jump.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
OR start selling landing bags..   :sleazy: 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We have a standing joke that the one guy's wife puts mattresses around his bins in case he jumps!  :shocked:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't you teach these guys about self medication techniques?

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 52* early & shootin for somewhere around 80*. Up early, headed to GR for a few things later. Neighbor came over & found the issue with the AC/furnace, bad zone motor. Went for a couple boat rides yday too. 'Bout it from this neck of the woods. Stay  :cool: ........................ hopin your Wednesday's a good 1.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
morning gents,nice warm morning,lite rain passing bye should make for a great afternoon even tho scattered t-storms are forcasted.all this rain talely should kick start the skeeter population,been a non issue so far this spring.

Side note.I see mille lacs is back to catch and release,sad what has become on that lake.
« Last Edit: June 06/02/21, 11:33:27 AM by snow1 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 57 here and looking for 80 today..  had the AC repair man out yesterday and as I feared my AC is shot..  needs replacing,,  it's old enough the stuff in it is not used any more..  my luck..  off to Alex today to get a few things...  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 53 here heading for 80ish today. Not much new today. Coworker showed me this this morning. The accident Barry was talking about yesterday morning. https://www.valleynewslive.com/2021/06/02/law-enforcement-searching-for-suspect-involved-in-deadly-hit-and-run/. Other than that just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Interesting on that accident JB.  A retired cop was walking around as he waited in line and he said it looks like a criminal investigation to him.  Curious to see what is up with that whole deal.  Got our garden finished yesterday.  The barrel thing worked great.  I will take some pics of it.  Today I will unload the dirt I got in our low spots and then I need to start mowing the meadow.  The heat is coming so getting the outside chores taken care of.  Good luck today Glenn.  I hope Shadow's voice doesn't change too much.  He may sound like a Chihuahua.  LOL

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........did the landscaping around the other tree yesterday....garden is weeded too.  gonna go out and check the asparagus patch one last time today. see what else i can get myself into  :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :rotflmao:

yea that article about that accident is something i didnt expect...hope they find that person..........

mikey.best dig up one of them milk cans buried out back........ :rotflmao: :rotflmao: your gonna need that AC this weekend........sure hope there wrong about this heat and humidity coming!! :puke: :puke: :puke:
« Last Edit: June 06/02/21, 08:36:12 AM by glenn57 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now I am thinking there were 2 different incidents in the Waskish and Kelliher area.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 58 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Back to shorts weather & crisis management. Some frost did occur on some no-till & cover crop fields. All these save the planet ideas are fine but they tend to bring with them unintended consequences. One guy who's big into cover crops has had slugs & black cutworm problems over the years, now his stuff got froze. Like I told him, these cover crops make farming a rough sport. Oh well, at least his soil is healthy... :rolleyes:

Sad deal about the hit and run. We were just talking about Joe Senser's wife's hit & run the other day.     

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Now I am thinking there were 2 different incidents in the Waskish and Kelliher area.

I was wondering that too.....

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 57 here this morning heading for mid 80s or more. The wife was reading about the accident some more last night. Still sounds like 1 accident. Tried to take the boat for a maiden voyage last night. But no go. Water is to shallow off of our ramp to get the boat off of a bunk trailer. Thinking I may need to find a used roller trailer for putting the boat in and out at the house. That is what a neighbor just south of us does with his Ranger. Just need to convince the wife now after the dealer said he wouldn't do it with a fiberglass boat. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.