Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Glenn not telling us something  (Read 396 times)

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
my last post on the subject.........if or when i get told it has to be removed...i'll take it down and haul it all out and figure something else out. until then.......................................................

Chances are they will do it for you like fish house removal.  Then send you the bill.  Could be an expensive stand. 

Online Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Scenic I'm glad you were fortunate enough to buy your own land, that's a nice thing to have. A lot of us can't afford it or it does not make sense in our situations. I have hunted most of my life and have seen some of what you talk about, trash left by the stands, etc..   However I don't see it as the norm if you will, most guys in there perm stand on public take care of it and the area very well. I guess I don't get the hate for those of us who have built or maintain others. As far as the ass hat that built one on your land that's a different story and sounds like he got what was coming.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Scenic I'm glad you were fortunate enough to buy your own land, that's a nice thing to have. A lot of us can't afford it or it does not make sense in our situations. I have hunted most of my life and have seen some of what you talk about, trash left by the stands, etc..   However I don't see it as the norm if you will, most guys in there perm stand on public take care of it and the area very well. I guess I don't get the hate for those of us who have built or maintain others. As far as the ass hat that built one on your land that's a different story and sounds like he got what was coming.

I get it.   I am by no means against people using public land.  No hate there at all.  But some of the stuff is becoming the norm.  Hence more and more rules.  Unfortunately with that comes more and more inconvenience  for those who try hard.   Personally like I know in Glenns case he takes care of it and has been for years.   But so many are not.   

A good example is we used to have the snowmobile trail going though the land.  Was there for years.  Then one winter a bunch decided they needed to not stay on or even close to the trails.   Next thing I know we got people in the field, then riding the logging roads and and and.... Every single one we approached was not from the area.   Each year got worse and finally just shut it down.   A few spoiled it for all. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And that is why there are so many laws.  Just because of the 10% idiots.

Online Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

I get it.   I am by no means against people using public land.  No hate there at all.  But some of the stuff is becoming the norm.  Hence more and more rules.  Unfortunately with that comes more and more inconvenience  for those who try hard.   Personally like I know in Glenns case he takes care of it and has been for years.   But so many are not.   

A good example is we used to have the snowmobile trail going though the land.  Was there for years.  Then one winter a bunch decided they needed to not stay on or even close to the trails.   Next thing I know we got people in the field, then riding the logging roads and and and.... Every single one we approached was not from the area.   Each year got worse and finally just shut it down.   A few spoiled it for all.

That's to bad they could not appreciate the resource you were letting them use. Maybe hate was a strong word. I just know every single person I hunt with has nothing but a huge amount of respect for the resource. Either way were good man.