Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 118105 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so today was a cloudy super lite rain from about noon on here..  then some rain and back to the  lite stuff...  ducky day...  and back to some rain again....
« Last Edit: May 05/02/24, 07:09:37 PM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
so today was a cloudy super lite rain from about noon on here..  then some rain and back to the  lite stuff...  ducky day...  and back to some rain again....
i did get some outside time today, but yea its misting here again.

had maybe a 1/4 when i looked earlier!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
haven't looked yet but now the sun wants to poke out to the west..  another front moving in... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Saturday's weather for here... :sad:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      After all the belly aching, complaining and whining I did about my new , easy to read rain gauge, I'm going out tomorrow and getting a real rain gauge. That big sucker just doesn't do it for me.
      Go ahead. Let me have what for. I deserve it.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
.1 in my new rain gauge..   good luck TT... 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't realize how the wind is howling here. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sunny and calm here in God's Country. 39 to start the day. Noticed the dang deer got into the asparagus last night.  :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh no Roony.  Gonna be venison on the grill tonight?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
The wrens probably pointed out the asparagus to the deer... :coffee:

Got a little breeze blowing so it should help dry things off some before it rains again tomorrow a.m.. Not supposed to rain a lot but anything that keeps it from drying off is halting planting progress. Lotsa ponds in fields yet this a.m. Sunday sounds nice with rain likely again Monday nite.  .24" more in the gauge at the ranch bringing our storm total for yesterday to 1.18". .09" in Bugtussle so 1.23" total here.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
lite rain the last couple hours

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like about .75 of rain over night...
« Last Edit: May 05/04/24, 08:14:39 AM by mike89 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
.74 is what we ended up with by the end of the day yesterday. That was from Thursday night to Friday night. The ditches and Creeks are flowing good here now. The lake is starting to come up.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
We wound up with about an inch and a half the last week.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just tallied our rainfall the past 7 days. We've had 3.74" at the ranch and 3.66" in Bugtussle. A lot of cash grain farmers in disbelief that it could suddenly be so wet as dry as it was this winter. True, it was a dry winter. However, we don't usually count on snow melt to recharge our soil moisture. Most years the ground is frozen and much of it runs off or collects in lakes and wetlands. We had generous precip after the crop was mature last fall the latter half of September and for the month of October. Then we got additional rainfall in December when the ground wasn't frozen. Any snow melt we had this winter went into the ground, perhaps an inch-worth in the local area. More rainfall accumulated in March and April before anything was planted. Talking to Soil Scientist Jeff Vetsch from the SROC back in mid-February, his calculations indicated that our top 2' of soil was already 80% full. Doesn't take a genius to figure it out. They're starting to get antsy which usually means it's time for me to get out the bullhorn and talk them down off the ledge. Still plenty of time and a plentiful supply of adapted corn hybrids and soybean varieties. These heavy clay loam soils from the Des Moines lobe can try your patience at planting time but they're a godsend when the chips are down come July and August. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, well if you hadn't planted in January we'd be talking you off the ledge!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

They keep me in a padded room and only let me out on special occasions... :coffee:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
.1 this morning and a rain shower going on now...

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like about .4 total here today

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
.07" here today

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Drizzly enough to get the deck wet a few times but nothing in the gauge.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: A friend from the other side of town told me he had just a whisker under 1" this morning.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
.48 here today. Really poured hard for a few minutes.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Brother's phone started going off at the same time, officially 1:11, as the sirens. It was a Tornado Warning & a twister had been spotted on the ground 6-8 miles south of the fairgrounds. Which is ~ 1 mile SW of town & it was moving SE. The Warning expired at 1:45. :crazy:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is too close.  Those tornados are scary as heck. I have seen quite a few but no damages to far.  Haven't seen any up here.  Most were by Luverne.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw HD say something about frost tonight.  It just went up to 72 here and just a little breeze.  Wonderful night. Only gonna get down to 48 here tonight. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Guess, there's no comfirmation that it actually touched down.............yet. Another .5" today according to the early news, so that's 1.5" in last 2 days.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Just after 6 this morning it started to rain a little and the wind went from dead calm to instant 25 mph out of the north. Crazy. We got into Warroad and the sand on the streets was blowing around. Thought I was in Dubai all the sudden. Mother nature sure can switch on a dime.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning news said we have a chance of rain late this afternoon or early evening but the hourly shows 20% chance at the most. They're sayin 73 tomorrow & 83 for Sunday with the next chance of rain here being Wednesday pm. Still no reports of the twister reaching the ground or any reports of damage, that I know of. :happy1: The channel 6 news called it a "Landspout" :scratch: this morning. :confused: