Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Official MNO ICE FISHING SMACKDOWN THREAD  (Read 57534 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Funny stuff from a guy whos afraid to ice fish, wont be in the challenge, wont be in a side bet. WUSSY is all I have to say about it :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
I only fish Lake Trout in the winter, but if you and the Tooth Fairy would care to partake in a little side bet for Lakers, I'd be more than happy to slap both of you up again!!  training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087
What say you, Whimpboy??  :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  Me and the Boar are both in.  The side bet will run the couple of days we get to fish Burntside.  Once we get the ok on the ice conditions we will set it up.  Oh boy, I expect to see the book of excuses coming out now.  Chapter one-   TGO has to take his yearly shower that day so he can't get out.   :doah:   Chapter two- One of he bait tanks sprung a leak two weeks ago so a couple of sticklebacks needed some emergency TGO mouth to mouth.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   If Thegreatoutdoors is serious he will start hitting the manwich hard right now if he wants to go head to head with a couple of x union thugs.   We will even let you bring a stevenjames along as a stickleback fluffer.    :happy1: :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
The side bet runs as long as the trout season outside the BWCA is open, meaning from around January 15th until the end of March.  :happy1:
There are plenty of lakes for you to fish, it doesn't have to be Burntside!  ;)
Man up DDS, if that's possible!  :taz:
I showed you a good spot to fish, told you what to use for bait, and how to jig for them.  :coffee:
I can do no more! :scratch:
Prepare to be destroyed!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!  training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  No, the side bet runs the couple of days we are fishing in your pool.  Some of us have other contests to win..  We will be happy to take you up on your challenge but can only do it under the same conditions.  You have had too much fun beating a guy with no boat in the summer challenge.  If you would like to return the favor and do the winter laker challenge from shore we will give you the full season.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Same days, same conditions in your pool.  How could you chicken dance out of that side bet?  We have a lot or arrangement to make for those couple of days.  If you find enough manwich to game up we will have a challenge.  Otherwise you will have to wait for your well deserved spanking until next summer.   ;)
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
I knew you'd find some way to weasel out of a side bet!   :cry: :cry:
But, I can understand you and Boar not wanting to suffer another massacre, one time per year being plenty!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
See you two pussies next spring, if you don't go into hiding!!  :moon: :moon:
 :happybounce: :happybounce:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  Enjoy your winter in front of the fireplace.  You might want to upgrade your fall out shelter under your porch though. I predict you will be spending most of the summer hiding in it. 

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, suspicions confirmed, DDS is scared, and rightfully so because he'd get smacked again.  :cold:
However, I may just toss in a few laker photos of some I catch this winter, just to show you how bad the beating would have been!  training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087
Now go back to knitting shawls and drinking warm milk, while real men fish lake trout!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
didn't know you could get whole lake trout at cub......or moreys!!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Guys bring them into the shop and let him hold them.  If you are going to get some pictures don't forget to snap a couple of those cool underwater photos before you bail out.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn57, obviously meant DDS buying lake trout!!  ;D
Off course, Glenn57 was also one of the driving forces on the Union Thugs!!  :happy1:
He helped put them into a solid last place finish, using the same legendary fishing skills as the other two buffoons, whose names escape me!!  :puke:
Heh, heh, heh!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
   Guys bring them into the shop and let him hold them.  If you are going to get some pictures don't forget to snap a couple of those cool underwater photos before you bail out.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Scott, I did not know that your boat had tires on it when you forgot to put the plug in (again)?  :scratch:
Oops, guess those must be the trailer tires!!  :happybounce:
Next time you should back the boat in, not drive the truck in first!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 12/04/14, 02:17:38 PM by greatoutdoors »
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn57, obviously meant DDS buying lake trout!!  ;D
Off course, Glenn57 was also one of the driving forces on the Union Thugs!!  :happy1:
He helped put them into a solid last place finish, using the same legendary fishing skills as the other two buffoons, whose names escape me!!  :puke:
Heh, heh, heh!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
this coming from a guy that somehow got lucky enough to snag a couple nice fish so he could finally come out of the closet..........or crawl out from under the steps. my guess next year at this time he'll be hibernatin with the bears!!!! :bow: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
this coming from a guy that somehow got lucky enough to snag a couple nice fish so he could finally come out of the closet..........or crawl out from under the steps. my guess next year at this time he'll be hibernatin with the bears!!!! :bow: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Hmm, lucky enough to snag a few fish????  :scratch:
Well, upon checking the last 3  Challenge standings, you've held down undisputed last place in two of the three years, then exceeded all expectations and screamed into 9th place on a banner year for you!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
OH YEAH, BABEE!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
What a pompuss ass, and heavy on the puss, "I only fish lake trout in the winter" Bla bla bla hoity toity talk thru your teeth with yur chin stuck out. im in on the trout side bet but just for the days im there for, if I get there. I mean really? the whole trout season wussoutdoors? Thing is Ive never fished lake trout and dont have any available opportunities in my stoping grounds so quite frankly WO, it would be a pretty much a win win for ya, but like the pusspuss you are  it wont happen any way.Steak dinner the final night to the winner????
78.50"

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh man, Boar, :coffee:
Stop in the shop before you hit Burntside, (if you come up) and I can give you a 10 minute crash course on trout.  :fishing2:
Then you could face off against DDS that day, which would easily mean a free steak dinner for you?  :happy1:
You do realize that a corpse would give you more competition than he would!  :laughroll:
What I'm trying to say is start off with a B team, before you try to take on a Superior opponent (ME) and get thrashed again!!  training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087
OH YEAH, BABEE!!!   :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
LMAO ! ill be stoping by for sure, just hope to get up there. lol.
78.50"

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
I mean, I really hate to help you kick DDS' butt, but a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do!! :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
That fine, but Im still trying to stop laught from you calling yourself a superior opponent, I almost chocked on my spit. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: you have that word mixed up with inferior.
78.50"

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
That fine, but Im still trying to stop laught from you calling yourself a superior opponent, I almost chocked on my spit. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: you have that word mixed up with inferior.
Sigh, I'll just point to the scoreboard in both the Challenge and side bet, and let that do the talking!!  ;D ;D ;D
Nuff said, amateur fisherman (and I'm using the term fisherman very loosely)!!  :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:
The beat down must have left some severe mental scars, but they'll heal, until I re-open them again next spring by pounding you into the ground! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Did I read that right?? Team 2 is fins of fantasies. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Its FINS OF ANARCHY, MR. you just distracted by ur hole getting busted. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
78.50"

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
The Fins a of Anarchy, that is pretty cute!!  :happy1:
They're about as intimidating as a Corvette with a four cylinder engine and three flat tires!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline stevenjames

• Outdoorsman
I have to give DDS credit for the "stickleback fluffer" comment. That's some quality stuff there and I applaud you. I'd also like to be more than that and actually participate in the trout fishing extravaganza when DDS and boar figure out a weekend

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   :happy1:  As soon as we get the word of 12-14 inches of ice before any big snow we will have a date.  A warm front is coming and the only thing that can screw this up right now is a big snow drop.  We are shooting for  January.  We will be looking for a long weekend either Thurs-Sunday or  Sat.-Tues.  It's interesting how quickly TGO wussed out of the Laker challenge once we teamed him up with you. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline FireRanger

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm usually a man of few words.....
Going South......in a manner of speaking!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
It dont take much to see how tru preditors make the wesel run and hide, give him a scrap and he feeds off of it till the odds are in his favor again. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looking like the hole busters are busting some butt!!!!!!!!!! adda boy teammate!! :happy1: :bow: :bow: :Clap: :Clap: :kingscourt:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
oh DDS........ you a funny guy!!!!! :moon: :moon: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline stevenjames

• Outdoorsman
Glenn must feel very popular with his name all over the leaderboard!!