Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Gophers Basketball  (Read 13426 times)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Gophers  Men's BB on tonight.

Big Ten/ACC Challenge

Vs  Virginia Tech
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
NFL, WWE, NCIS all on tonight. Don't know that the basketball team will get many minutes. We will see.   :laugh:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Poooor Gophers

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
They don't look very good.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Didn't see the game but the comments on The Gopher Hole and other places sum it up. Battle is still not 100%. His shot is off & may take a few games to get back to last year's form. Aside from Battle, Garcia and Cooper, overall they're very young. Still looking to find an identity. Betting the season won't be pretty but they may sneak up on some teams that overlook them once they get it figured out. Likely won't be any time soon. Purdue up next in West Lafayette on Dec. 4th & Michigan at The Barn on Dec. 8th.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: November 11/29/22, 12:36:14 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Gophers women over Penn State in 2 overtimes.....98-96

They start 4 freshman and a sophmore.  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
After some ugly losses & a close game, the Gopher men pull one off in Columbus where they never win. Battle's still struggling with his shot but played awesome D. Garcia was the man on offense with 28 pts. Nice to see them pull it off after being tied with 8 seconds left.  :laugh:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Umm, didn't know they even were playing. What kind of record they have this year?

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Fairly awful, 7-8, 1-4 in the B1G. Looks like Gunner's Hawkeyes will hold off Michigan in OT. They've struggled as well. Fran's kid has been battling with anxiety issues & left the team so happy for him.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: January 01/12/23, 08:12:21 PM by Dotch »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Watched the last 6 minutes of the Gopher's game. They tried hard to lose. I think i can shoot free throws better than most of them.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Gopher women are equally awful. Whalen can recruit but can't coach. Young team but just show a lack of discipline along with lapses of intensity & focus. Lose after blowing a lead for most of the game to a (s)crappy Rutgers team. Oh well, the Gophers made most of their free throws except when they really needed them. 8-9 overall & 1-5 in the B1G. 🦨
« Last Edit: January 01/12/23, 09:45:12 PM by Dotch »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Fairly awful, 7-8, 1-4 in the B1G. Looks like Gunner's Hawkeyes will hold off Michigan in OT. They've struggled as well. Fran's kid has been battling with anxiety issues & left the team so happy for him.  :happy1:
:happy1: Sandfort had a big game, especially late. Some big help from the freshmen point guard & Rebraca got some help from the sophomore big too. They had 4 in double figures & the only real difference in the box score was TO's & FT's. Michigan didn't miss many 3's the 1st 1/2 & the Hawks were lucky to get that W. :cool: I didn't see that the Gopher's were on 'til too late as I watch a lot of BIG BB.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Illinois vs Gophers @ 5 today, BTN. In case anyone's interested.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm sure db's running errands this afternoon so he can tune it in tonite... :whistling:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I'm sure db's running errands this afternoon so he can tune it in tonite... :whistling:
:happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

wont happen....between the nfl playoff game and Wrastlin.........he wont have time!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Prolly taped Judge Judy so he can watch that too. He's a busy feller. :coffee:
« Last Edit: January 01/16/23, 05:46:02 PM by Dotch »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: Dutchys gotta have an awful lot of willpower to not respond to this!! :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I'm busy.....it's not easy bouncing between football, NCIS & rasslin.     :mooning:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Heard on AM radio today the men put up a whopping 39 points for the whole game last night. This guy making little Ricky Pitino look like the greatest coach to work the Big 10 ever.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
He needs a little time. Pitino didn't recruit worth  a damn before he left and what was worth anything went through the portal.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Well I suppose this summer he can always promise a winner if we build him a new Billion dollar arena to replace the Barn.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Actually I thought Pitino recruited OK but like Tubby before him, he became a victim of circumstance. Oturu goes pro, Coffey goes pro, shot blocking machine Reggie Lynch turns out to be a perv, Kalschuer transfers to IA St. where he's still playing, as is Marcus Carr at Texas. Jamal Mashburn Jr. follows Little Richard to New Mexico where he's their leading scorer at 18+ ppg. Jordan Murphy became the #2 all-time rebounder in B1G history so there were some bright spots under his tenure. Had Reggie Lynch kept his nose clean, those teams had real potential. Pitino was Teague's hire. With pressure from the boosters, Coyle fires him & voila! Start over from scratch, again. Been thru this so many times over the years. As the graphic showed on the news the other nite, between Johnson's & Whalen's records, both Coyle hires, both programs are putrid.

This season has become the trainwreck everyone expected it to be. Fox & Ihnen got injured in the off season before playing a single game so no depth in the front court. They did beat Ohio St. on the road & played MI, WI & IN tough but had nothing to show for it. Yesterday they got drop kicked by 20 at Northwestern, a team they had at least a fighting chance to compete with. Battle has stepped up to the plate after recovering from off season surgery but he's only one guy. Dawson Garcia is hurt as is Payne. Playing 7 guys. Not a recipe for success. With this portal fiasco allowing the rich to get richer, this may be the end of college basketball as we once knew it. It's certainly unlikely to do programs with a lot of young players like the Gophers any favors. The grass is always greener. Maybe they should tear down The Barn as db suggests. The new practice facility & athletic village sure didn't do it. More bright, shiny objects... :coffee:
« Last Edit: January 01/29/23, 12:04:42 PM by Dotch »

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
 No, No, No I never suggested tearing the barn down. Point being a new building no matter how pretty won't make a lick of difference. We saw that with the football palace. I guess being a "also ran" in football would look pretty good to the basketball program.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You did mention it & you're certainly not the 1st guy. I was being tongue in cheek as well. I like Williams Arena. I think it would be a mistake to replace it, much as it was Memorial Stadium. The Metrodome was a horrible place for college football.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
My solution is move the basketball to Mariucci, move the mens hockey to Ridder arena. Since they destroyed mens  college hockey at the U they don't need all them extra empty seats anyway.      :sleazy:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Watched Purdue beat up on Michigan St. Zach Edey has really grown up. He was just kind of a stick man his 1st couple years. Grew up in Canada playing hockey & basketball. Be hilarious watching him play hockey now at 7' 4".  :scratch:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
My solution is move the basketball to Mariucci, move the mens hockey to Ridder arena. Since they destroyed mens  college hockey at the U they don't need all them extra empty seats anyway.      :sleazy:
I get what your saying, just not the same being out of the WCHA. Be a big difference playing on a small sheet of ice tho.