Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Onto total knee replacement  (Read 5152 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
My knee feels awesome.  Joint pain is gone.  Still have swelling and pain from surgery but I'm sure happy so far.  Before surgery I received 2 injections after pain medicine that were time released crystals.  I'm on day 2 and Dr said the injections wear off end of day 2

I found out I HATE oxicontin.  I get very agitated, and stomach pain.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: that'll leave a mark!!!!! i'm with you on that Dakids......i hated that stuff........
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
one piece of advice Dakids, if they havent already told you..........when you start going to physical therapy, take whatever your choice of pain meds prior to going to therapy!!!!! form my wifes experience it will be a good choice. cause they do some serious bending to that knee!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Definitely take stool softeners whilst taking pain meds DK.  No joke.  Terrible consequences if you don't.  Been there done that.  Worse than the pain.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Trust Dr. Barry. Witnessed the same thing recently with the wife, especially when she limited her food intake and refused to eat any fruits and vegetables. Cheese sandwiches made with white bread and noodles are like intestinal glue.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Definitely taking stool softener.  Yep, I plan on preemptive pain meds.  Therapy starts tomorrow

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
how long did ya get off work??  the more the better I think...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Definitely take stool softeners whilst taking pain meds DK.  No joke.  Terrible consequences if you don't.  Been there done that.  Worse than the pain.
:scratch: :scratch: you own stock in stool softner companies dont ya!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
how long did ya get off work??  the more the better I think...

At UPS I can't have any restrictions when I go back to work.  My injury was workers comp.  So most people are off for at least 5 months.  Most are 6 or 7 months.

That would mean about September.   Our contract runs out August 1st.  There will be a strike.   Hopefully it's all resolved by the time I get back to work

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup hard poop sucks
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yeppers....kinda like getting rid of you!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :doah: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: