Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 117644 times)

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Finally after little to no rain for months, we got 2” today, yeah! And maybe more today?

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We got 1/4" of rain out of that front.  Getting dark again.
Same here, I heard some thunder again around 5:30-6, but the radar showed that stayin over Scenic's way.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
rather fast .7 here... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I went back to watering in the garden yesterday. The rain we had last week dried up in no time.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just checked, we have a high of 86 with T storms likely this afternoon.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Only a 24% chance of any precipitation about 4 & again ~ 8 or 9 according to TWC's site for us today.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got done raining here with some hail too. A quick .87" of rain.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We are hoping to get some this weekend.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We have an outdoor wedding to go to Saturday. It will rain there for sure.  :doah:
« Last Edit: August 08/03/23, 07:05:24 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We have an outdoor wedding to go to Saturday. It will rain there for sure.  :doah:
Thanks for taking one for the team!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
,29" at the ranch at 7:30. I see in the MN Climatology Dept daily sampler that Dunnell, SW of Fairmont, reported 4" this a.m. As dry as it's been & as slow as it came, pretty sure it all went in the ground.
« Last Edit: August 08/06/23, 09:22:11 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
SW Blue Earth County, 0.9" as of 10:00 today.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Checked the gauge at home before I went grocery shopping ~11:30. Another .85" so 1.14" at the ranch & it's been raining steady since. Impressive total when I got to Bugtussle of 1.71" to check that gauge. Looks like more bands may be heading our way. Could've done w/o the heat last week. Some signs the crop was hurting but we can exhale for a while. 
« Last Edit: August 08/06/23, 03:10:59 PM by Dotch »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :confused: :doofus: :bonk: with the few dribbles here a gnats azz wouldn't get wet  :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
absolutely zero rain here...  all weekend....   oh well...

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Called the warden, she said we had 2.25" in the gauge!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bit of rain here .15 was all, better than nothing.....    good for you roony!!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just a shade under .4" here, in 2-3 rounds. :happy1: :cool:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:confused: :doofus: :bonk: with the few dribbles here a gnats azz wouldn't get wet  :pouty:
:tut:   :violin: :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry: :cry:    :pouty: :sleazy: :nerd:    :rolleyes: :evil: :smiley:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
2.3 inches total here
Maybe I always do get all the rain. :smoking:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We will be upper 70's for today and tomorrow and then 69 on Wed and 70 with rain for Thursday.  Fall is getting near.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
1.63" total at the ranch & 2.07" in Bugtussle, proving once again that likely as a result of climate change, roony always gets more rain than we do. I see the reading in Dunnell yesterday morning must've been in error. They changed it today from 4" to .4". Wondered about that but the system was sitting out that way not moving very fast. Amazing what a difference moving a decimal point makes. For us, more moderate temps than last week with highs in the low 80's & mid-to upper 70's later in the week. Definite inklings of fall. Slight chance of a thunderstorm here this afternoon, a modest chance of rain Wed., then another good chance again Thursday nite. Room for more.
« Last Edit: August 08/07/23, 09:56:08 AM by Dotch »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have straight down rain here now.  The mowing program just went tits up for awhile. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Lots of thunder and was just going to mow but got a Tstorm warning on my phone.  Sprinkling now. Now it is a downpour.
« Last Edit: August 08/08/23, 03:37:16 PM by LPS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We are in a code red warning now.  Heavy rain and hail at my wife's work 2 miles away.  Hope it stays there. Darn it.  Here is the hail.  I can even here it hitting the roof. 
« Last Edit: August 08/08/23, 03:42:34 PM by LPS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Half inch of rain some pea sized hail but no damage that I can see.  The garden looks fine.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Just got some pea and marble sized hail. Kind of shredded some things. Only worry is dents in apples. Won't check until tomorrow.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
After watering the garden again tonight I have made an executive decision if I don't get a decent rain in the near future and for what I see on my cuke plants I'm pulling them out. I've had my  fill almost of green peppers so they might get pulled to  :confused: :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We had some thunder a little after 5, some light rain a few minutes later. Then we had some big wind & heavy rain. Thankfully, that didn't last but about 5-10 minutes & it was all done by ~5:30.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We had some thunder a little after 5, some light rain a few minutes later. Then we had some big wind & heavy rain. Thankfully, that didn't last but about 5-10 minutes & it was all done by ~5:30.
oh boy....that means more branches and twigs in the cabin yard!!!!!!!! :doah: good fire starter stuff though!!!!! :happy1:

i see the weather terrorsts have some rain possibly coming this way this afternoon. 40%. i think i'll go open my truck windowsto bump that up to like 90%.  :pouty: :bow: :surrender: