Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4975556 times)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. According to TWC it is 42 in Williams and supposed to make 70 today. My weather station says -40 this morning.  :scratch: Either AOC was half right or something malfunctioned.  :rotflmao: The lake looks nice this morning, calm. I am still dreaming of maybe sneaking out later, but I'm sure I'll get involved in some projects and that won't happen. One of them is getting the camper uncovered and out. We will be needing that next weekend. Maybe do a Glenn this evening.  :campfire: and  :toast: since the wind should be blowing off of shore later today. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning boys. According to TWC it is 42 in Williams and supposed to make 70 today. My weather station says -40 this morning.  :scratch: Either AOC was half right or something malfunctioned.  :rotflmao: The lake looks nice this morning, calm. I am still dreaming of maybe sneaking out later, but I'm sure I'll get involved in some projects and that won't happen. One of them is getting the camper uncovered and out. We will be needing that next weekend. Maybe do a Glenn this evening.  :campfire: and  :toast: since the wind should be blowing off of shore later today. Have a good one boys.
:happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: nuttin wrong with that JB!!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The wind is south today at only about 6 or 7 later on.  Tomorrow will be stronger and NNW.  That is not a good direction on the river.  We usually fish for at least a couple of hours on Mothers Day.  I may talk her into going out later today as a S wind is easy to fish on the river.  Not a lot of current.  I remember one year there was so much current we were using 1 oz jigs.  That is a lot of weight.  We still have to get up in about 8-10 feet of water to feel the bottom.  We were right by shore.  In about an hour we got a limit of 18" walleyes.  Not one sauger.  Was a great time. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 47 at choretime heading for a high in the low to mid-70's. Saw as high as 75 yesterday on the Buick thermometer whilst I was out cruising around. Waseca concurred about the same time. On the slate today, a feed run, another round bale to put in the lot & mow the front lawn including El Capitan. Picked up the sticks under the bitch tree so I should be ready after lunch. Got enough stuff for Mother's Day yesterday that I should be good. Farmers are already worrying about their corn on corn not coming out of the ground as quickly as they think it should. The one guy in the next breath said he'd froze his assets off the day before picking rock! There's your sign. Still too wet in most fields to do anything about it and there simply haven't been enough consecutive days of warmth to get it out of the ground. Further, corn on corn still sucks.  :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The warden and I came home after a funeral yesterday to see a Honda minivan parked by our woods/windbreak which resembles an old growth woods more than a manicured windbreak. I wanted ro show her something in a rockpile and then we turned around and were astonished to see a lady come out of the woods with a reusable grocery bag plumb full of plants. I went to talk to her and got her name and vehicle license number. The bag was full of Solomon Seal which I think is a medicinal herb.Soon another lady came out with a bag of plants. She came out right by our mailbox. Jeez!
I called the sheriff's office but the dispatcher really didn't seem to concerned. He said an investigator had talked to them at a site about 3 miles north of me. I don't know what was said there but it doesn't seem they got the hint about trespassing and stealing. Today I talked to the sheriff Jay Dulas. He seemed genuinely concerned. The vehicle came from the metro area. I told him I would like to see these people prosecuted. Merrilee is freaked out thinking people go onto our property. The name the first lady gave me is Song Lee.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Scary roony although I'm afraid it's only the beginning of stuff like that. With all the moonbats in the TC & those who don't grasp the concept of private property, it's only a matter of time IMO. Have lots of Solomon's seal but it's right by the house. Brought it here from my Mom's place. Bumblebees like the flowers & it has lots of blue berries that birds like. The berries are poisonous to humans tho. Would like to get rid of it here as it's overrunning the Jack in the pulpits. Luckily, our perimeter here is electrified so trespassers might get a charge out of it. Or I might if they grab onto it!  :coffee:

https://blendofbites.com/solomon-seal-benefits/
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That's crazy. The least they could of done is ask permission! :confused:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
That's crazy. The least they could of done is ask permission! :confused:

that's too easy!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is way out of bounds.  I would be mad as heck if I came home and some stranger was picking anything on my property. OR even walking around without me being there. I would have taken the bags from them too. Just to teach them a lesson.  I hope they do get prosecuted.  Who knows what else they were checking out?   That plant does look familiar and man what a lot of health benefits it seems to have.  We have a lot of red and white bane berries.  Beautiful looking but also can be deadly.  Natives used it for many medical uses.  Both of them with the deadly part is enough for me to stay away from.  I am curious to hear what the outcome is Roony. 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My brother thinks I should have shot their tires out but I guess I'm not that aggressive, not yet anyway. I will let law enforcement handle it
 Besides, with my big belly I am a huge target.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya, I agree. Prolly best left to law enforcement. The guy down by Glenville who shot & wounded the a-hole that was stealing his pickup a few years ago got his teat in a wringer. Betting the clown who tried stealing it didn't do it again anytime soon though.

https://www.kimt.com/news/freeborn-county-man-sentenced-for-shooting-a-suspected-truck-thief/article_668b45da-ee75-11ec-be15-0728433644b2.html

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
total BS Dotch!! 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
What really grinds my gears is when looking to see if the a-hole who stole the truck, Andre Tyree Williams, of Harcourt, Iowa, was ever convicted, it's like pulling teeth to find anything about it. You can find plenty of articles on James Vinton though, the guy who shot him, being convicted. Not saying Vinton is a saint but the journalism double-standard is as ridiculous as our court system's handling of cases like this one. Criminals are a protected class & really do have the upper hand in this state. There needs to be more public scrutiny of both and changes made.   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well mothers day's duties are done.  :happy1: first time at this Jerry's since it reopened. really good food and drinks where reasonable!!!!!! they were mixing a bloody mary........they let me sample the mix........i'll be back for 1 or 4!!!!!!  :happy1: homemade concoction!!! :rotflmao:

but......... :pouty: :scratch: wifey thought about a prime rib..............i could see my lunch tomorrow  :sleazy: but no she had a burger........oh well burger for lunch then!!!!! :pouty: i'll go back!!!!! :happy1:

rather support  small hometown pub and grill then st cloud.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:55:02 PM by glenn57 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds like a blast.  We need to go out more too.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well mothers day's duties are done.  :happy1: first time at this Jerry's since it reopened. really good food and drinks where reasonable!!!!!! they were mixing a bloody mary........they let me sample the mix........i'll be back for 1 or 4!!!!!!  :happy1: homemade concoction!!! :rotflmao:

but......... :pouty: :scratch: wifey thought about a prime rib..............i could see my lunch tomorrow  :sleazy: but no she had a burger........oh well burger for lunch then!!!!! :pouty: i'll go back!!!!! :happy1:

rather support  small hometown pub and grill then st cloud.

nothing wrong with a good burger!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all. 58 here and heading back to 78 today...  what a nice day yesterday!!  got plenty done except mowing so that is today's main job..  do that after lunch!!  then I think a bike ride is a must today too...   have a good day!! 

and remember today is Mothers day!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 50 for our start & it looks like we'll see 84 later. Had most of my stuff off the line by 11 yday as we had a nice breeze early. :happy1: Could mow again here too, but think I'll wait. 'Bout it here have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 51 and we may see 68.  It is real smoky hazy here this morning.  I was going to sleep later but Cooper and Jake had a tag team wrastling going in bed next to me so I end up being the referee.  LOL   The wife and I went fishing for awhile yesterday.  Kept only 1 and will have it with eggs this morning.  I had another one but it got away.  Much bigger one.   :sleazy:  We didn't stay out too long.  It got windier the longer we were out.  It was fun and the dogs got some minnows to eat too.  That is my good luck charm.  When fishing is slow I give them each a shiner.  No big plans for the day.  Man the grass is growing fast.  Leaves are greening up nicely too. The hummer is really hitting the feeders this morning too.  You all have a nice Mother Day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......lookin like a top notch day outdoors......havent heard from my brother how fishing was.....yet. lets just say there was smartazz  :evil: back and forth with him and the homies he's up there with..........so i do expect something in return!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

need mow the lawn myself but think i'll wait till later in the week............so its not so long when i get home from the cabin.

didnt mention it yesterday, one of the reasons we went to Jerry's, mom and dad had an old "Scheitzelbank" sign we donated to them. they told us at moms funeral they would put a tag on it in memory of them. since they like to talk and not do the walk at times i checked it out.  kinda brought a tear to my eyes....it was there!!!!!!! its and old stearns county/Richmond thing. the town baseball team would sing t hat after every game they won........of cousr after they've had a few  :toast: :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 54 here and it is saying only 57 for a high. Crazy we can be that much different than Baudette. We hit 78 yesterday it was gorgeous outside. The wind did pickup and then it started to rain in the evening. So no fire last night. I did get the grass cut. That is really greening up now. We got the camper uncovered and pulled out of it's winter spot. Today will be a clean it up day and get it ready for next weekend. We only ended up with .04" of rain. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!