Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: One of the greatest movies ever remade and opens this month  (Read 37751 times)

Offline FireRanger

• Master Outdoorsman
      True Grit starring Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon.   I think it comes out Dec.22nd.   The original Starred John Wayne and Glen Cambell.  I think it was one of the first movies I ever saw.  It was at a drive in.   I love this story.  I can't wait to see if the remake  can even make it better.  I have not been to a theater in 5 years+ but will be going soon.       :popcorn:  :popcorn:.   

Well, the fishing trip went in the tank today. However, because of time spent in with the family today, my wife and I were able to get out and see the show :popcorn:. VERY WELL DONE!! :happy1: As stated before, it is not a remake but an adaptation of the novel. I actually was a little choked up at one point :cry:! Bridges does a fine job as Rooster. I highly recommend it. However....since you guys are carrying such a torch for your leading men, you may not enjoy it as much. :whistling:
Going South......in a manner of speaking!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
     It will be a fishing rod.  That is assuming someone is man enough to stand up for  :queen: Clint. training-087    There will be pictures.  :happy1:

I'll let Doug handle my light work.  :rotflmao: Now if Lee was there with his fishing rod standing up for the Duke, that would be a challenge. 

General,

As much as I hate to make a negative attack on any of the individual names chosen by our members here, It seems that some may want to reconsider a change. From what I've gathered a General is a leader of men with many followers. With all due respect to our General here, it seems that his followers don't seem to be backing him up on the Duke v/s Clint issue.

There is no shame in being called Corporal or Sargent if you were willing to face reality. You can't win every battle just because your stubborn. :surrender:  Look what became of General Custer because he was stubborn. Sometimes it takes the advice of a good friend to prevent one from self destructing. Come clean and admit that John Wayne will always be the best. If for no other reason just do it for your family.

A good friend!
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline FireRanger

• Master Outdoorsman
Dear General Sir,

I got your back sir!! Clint would eat the sinkers outta yer tackle box and sweat out bullets!!! LOL!! I know, I'm reaching! I may not know you from a hole in the ground but I'm an Eastwood fan through and through!!

« Last Edit: January 01/10/11, 04:39:47 PM by FireRanger »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Dear General Sir,

I got your back sir!! Clint would eat the sinkers outta yer tackle box and sweat out bullets!!! LOL!! I know, I'm reaching! I may not know you from a hole in the ground but I'm an Eastwood fan through and through!!

You are not reaching one bit......What some others here don't understand is character is tested when you're up against it?
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dear General Sir,

You are not reaching one bit......What some others here don't understand is character is tested when you're up against it?

:doah: Come on General! Now you got your brother-in-law giving testimonials pretending he don't even know you. :rotflmao:   I'm tellin ya, you’re a regular :censored: Jimmy Swagert. :bow:

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Dear General Sir,

:doah: Come on General! Now you got your brother-in-law giving testimonials pretending he don't even know you. :rotflmao:   I'm tellin ya, you’re a regular :censored: Jimmy Swagert. :bow:

I have no idea who FireRanger is but he is welcome to fish in my boat any time. :happy1: 

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Pretty active topic.
I do not know if there is ever answer to the "My Dad can Whip your Dad" syndrome.
 I am fond of John Wayne and Clint too. Gran Torino was Fantastic.
 Gene Hackman could probably whup em both at once though.

Gene would get his butt kicked by a umpa lumpa.  Not even in the same league.

Ahhh crap I can't do that to yah Ken.  I like Gene to much.  I especially like how he can play the good guy and the bad guy in different movies. 

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I ran across a recent photo of Clint. Actually he hasn't changed at all over the last 30 yrs. :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Many BWCA Reports

Offline FireRanger

• Master Outdoorsman
Just look at that face!! Rugged, weathered...now that is a representation of a man that demands respect!! Not a name change!  :happy1:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Just look at that face!! Rugged, weathered...now that is a representation of a man that demands respect!! Not a name change!  :happy1:

Exactly!!!!!  Couldn't have said it better myself.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

You boys must have low self esteem if you think Clint's lookin good these days. Hey! If that's what you expect to look like up the road than by all means. :doah:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard for Grand Torino he didn't even have to dress up, just had a assistant wipe the oatmeal drool from his chin and turn the John Wayne movie off in his trailer that he had been watching.  :whistling:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I heard for Grand Torino he didn't even have to dress up, just had a assistant wipe the oatmeal drool from his chin and turn the John Wayne movie off in his trailer that he had been watching.  :whistling:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline FireRanger

• Master Outdoorsman

You boys must have low self esteem if you think Clint's lookin good these days. Hey! If that's what you expect to look like up the road than by all means. :doah:

Clint has never looked good!! Tough men aren't pretty like people named Marion....Mr. Eastwood has never been considered a Hollywood heart-throb like 'the Duck' was....and I'm sure he's fine with that! I'm sure if Marion was alive he would say..."I'm prettier then that Eastwood fella!!"

:rotflmao:   You sure are Marion!!  ;)

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman

Clint has never looked good!! Tough men aren't pretty like people named Marion....Mr. Eastwood has never been considered a Hollywood heart-throb like 'the Duck' was....and I'm sure he's fine with that! I'm sure if Marion was alive he would say..."I'm prettier then that Eastwood fella!!"

Never heard of the Duke being called a "Hollywood Heart Throb" Hmm sounds like a little secret man crush going on here.. :coffee:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  [I'm sure if Marion was alive he would say..."I'm prettier then that Eastwood fella!!"

You sure are Marion!! )

Na.  If the duke were alive he would say how is that music theory degree workin out for you Jr.  You have to be tough to major in  music theory. Clint is a Jr. and was a life guard in the Korean war.  :scratch:   I have a new respect for tough guys now.  Clint was definately in touch with his feminine side :cry:.  The Duke however had no feminine side.  So there.   training-087 
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Wow someone had to wipe his chin, he was able to watch Marion dance around in a tutu and still go out and kick the  :censored: out of anyone.  That demands even more respect.  At first I was giving John a least a few minutes in the ring.  But after what BB said it's down to seconds. 

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Never heard of the Duke being called a "Hollywood Heart Throb" Hmm sounds like a little secret man crush going on here.. :coffee:

You better start with Lee......he's the one that brought "looks" into the conversation.  Us real men have been talking about whoop  :moon:.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
  [I'm sure if Marion was alive he would say..."I'm prettier then that Eastwood fella!!"

You sure are Marion!! )

Na.  If the duke were alive he would say how is that music theory degree workin out for you Jr.  You have to be tough to major in  music theory. Clint is a Jr. and was a life guard in the Korean war.  :scratch:   I have a new respect for tough guys now.  Clint was definately in touch with his feminine side :cry:.  The Duke however had no feminine side.  So there.   training-087 

John Wayne wears pink shirts......don't tell me he doesn't know about his feminine side.  He probably has a pair of pink boots to match.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
This may be  :offtopic:  but I saw today that they remade the Mechanic and it's coming out soon.  Charles Bronson could kick some a$$ and it would be on the street.  Not in music class!
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
This may be  :offtopic:  but I saw today that they remade the Mechanic and it's coming out soon.  Charles Bronson could kick some a$$ and it would be on the street.  Not in music class!

Didn't that idiot shove his gun in the snow and it froze up?   

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well dds represented Marion with pole in hand today.  Sorry to report but Eastwood's rep opened up 55 gal barrel of whoop arse.  So the debate is over and the true king of cowboys prevailed.

Offline icebanger

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Well dds represented Marion with pole in hand today.  Sorry to report but Eastwood's rep opened up 55 gal barrel of whoop arse.  So the debate is over and the true king of cowboys prevailed.

:scratch:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 01/16/11, 02:25:22 AM by DDSBYDAY »

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     It will be a fishing rod.  That is assuming someone is man enough to stand up for  :queen: Clint. training-087    There will be pictures.  :happy1:

I'll let Doug handle my light work.  :rotflmao: Now if Lee was there with his fishing rod standing up for the Duke, that would be a challenge. 

:coffee:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

:coffee:

Boy Oh Boy! :banghead:   You two guys sure do know how to suck a fella back into a debate. I was a figuring on namin my fishing challenge team "The John Wayne Memorial Rod Slingers." this year. That of course would be pending a decision from The General to commit to dedicating his team name after Clint. :whistling:

What say you General? Can we finish this debate with our rods in our hand  :doah:  :censored: with our fishing rods in our hand?

Many BWCA Reports

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Well Lee, DDS brought his fishing pole to the OK corral out on the lake to represent Marion.  He got the Clint Eastwood beat down from me.  So that should have ended this debate or so I thought.  I was called out again and once again came out on top (I would think you old fellas would give up pretty soon).  You will have to find something else we disagree about to have a challenge about.  However, if my teammates agree, I already have a name in mind for next years challenge ;).

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Saw the preview for this on TV.  It's starring Jason Statham so it could only be better then the Charles Bronson version.  :happy1:

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
I heard this mentioned on the radio today and thought it was relevant to this thread. One movie stars Alan Ladd, John Wayne (as a rare bad guy), not sure about the Wild Bunch, Cleavon Little, and Clint Eastwood. I know this doesn't resolve anything but hopefully puts more gas on the fire.

Git Along, Little Dogies: Bob Mondello Rustles You Up A Western Starter Kit

With True Grit crossing the $100 million mark at the box office, the Western, often given up for dead, appears to be back.

Black hats, white hats, guns, a frontier code of honor, big-sky country — all have been Hollywood staples since at least 1903, when The Great Train Robbery sent gunslingers galloping across the plains of New Jersey.

The form has been through lots of changes in the ensuing century, though, as traditional Westerns like Stagecoach and High Noon started sharing multiplexes with spaghetti Westerns, revisionist Westerns, wisecracking Westerns, gay Westerns — even sci-fi Westerns. So when I set out to create a Westerns Starter Kit for the moviegoing tenderfoot, it turned out to be an exercise in ... cineplexity. Narrowing the list of titles down was tricky.

I settled on five films representing different styles — Shane (1953), a classic traditional Western; The Searchers (1956), John Ford's complex epic about the treatment of Native Americans; The Wild Bunch (1969), Sam Peckinpah's revisionist Vietnam-era look at violence; Blazing Saddles (1974), Mel Brooks' romp through Western clichés; and Unforgiven (1992), a Clint Eastwood riff on disillusioned old-timers that's often referred to as a eulogy for the movie Western.

This is the complete story.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2011/01/13/132905247/git-along-little-dogies-a-western-starter-kit
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
I sure hope the General doesn't read that article. He is gonna get more upset than ever to see the author thinks Heath Ledger could whoop up on Clint.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects