Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 487780 times)

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
point me to the thread where YOUR  fish pics are dudes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! otherwise your just talkin smack too!!1 :titanic: :snow5: :dancinred: and i need to get me a spinner bait soon the way this looks!!!!!!!!!!

Well we now see you only reading this year. This is one last  year and soon you all will see this year eye!!

If you have to get a spinner bait This means you have no spinner bait? and you say you fish but have no photos to back your  :moon: up   ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
point me to the thread where YOUR  fish pics are dudes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! otherwise your just talkin smack too!!1 :titanic: :snow5: :dancinred: and i need to get me a spinner bait soon the way this looks!!!!!!!!!!
Don't work that way son! You are the new minnow in this here fish tank..   :Fish: You can go and research the previous Fishing Challenges and you will see my fish.   :fishing2: I always get a late start as I have busy springs but keep an eye out for my fishing videos,  :Photography:  you will just have to find them here on the site..
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
    I thought I would check in to see if I missed anything.  I have a golf outing I need to prepare for.  I see I didn't miss a thing.  If a few of you guys would bring some of that hot air out to the golf course it would be appreciated.  No fish posted?  I saw some mention of what guys used to catch.   "Yawn".  Team Make A Move was hoping to have some competition.   What good is it to smoke somebody now when they are so busy patting themselves on the back for that one time at band camp.   ;D   This is the 2011 challenge!!!   
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
    I thought I would check in to see if I missed anything.  I have a golf outing I need to prepare for.  I see I didn't miss a thing.  If a few of you guys would bring some of that hot air out to the golf course it would be appreciated.  No fish posted?  I saw some mention of what guys used to catch.   "Yawn".  Team Make A Move was hoping to have some competition.   What good is it to smoke somebody now when they are so busy patting themselves on the back for that one time at band camp.   ;D   This is the 2011 challenge!!!   
:oops1: You have to prepare for a golf outing? What you have to find the little notebook with all your excuses. " O The sun was in my eyes" " I think I pulled something", "They just don't make golf balls like they use to"." I swear it landed right here, someone must have took it." "These greens need to be mowed again" Hope you don't bring the wrong book, the ones with your fishing excuses ... :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014

Dont forget to put your Snoopy pole in your golf bag....you might be able to catch a bass on the fairway water hazard! :whistling:  Glad to hear you are golfing instead of racking em up like the #13 Floating Rapalas.... Note we still have FIRST PLACE in Walleye and now tied for Second!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman

Dont forget to put your Snoopy pole in your golf bag....you might be able to catch a bass on the fairway water hazard! :whistling:  Glad to hear you are golfing instead of racking em up like the #13 Floating Rapalas.... Note we still have FIRST PLACE in Walleye and now tied for Second!

It's funny you should mention that.  You would be suprised at how many of those golf course ponds have fish in them.  I used to work at a local course and when it rained we would put on the rain gear and go out and catch bass.  A bunch of us will be going to Wisc. Dells for a golf trip and I may have to throw the rod in the truck. 
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
what you guys do? a back ground check on me? see i'm noone to mess with when it comes to fishin? cause this topic turned to golf real quick!!!!!!!!! :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :taz: :woot: :woot: :woot:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
what you guys do? a back ground check on me? see i'm noone to mess with when it comes to fishin? cause this topic turned to golf real quick!!!!!!!!! :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :taz: :woot: :woot: :woot:

:blablabla: :blablabla:   We didn't see your name on a team.   

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Did someone hear Glenn - da say something?
Bobby Bass

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

next year!!!! to new to site to start now. just warnin ya!!!!!!!!!!!! will post pics just so you know what you guys will be up against!!!!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

next year!!!! to new to site to start now. just warnin ya!!!!!!!!!!!! will post pics just so you know what you guys will be up against!!!!

Now that  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: For some one that dose not bring a camera!!! How can you post fish photos with no camera?  :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:  :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
GONNA START HAVIN TO BRING A CAMERA..................i am trainable!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
GONNA START HAVIN TO BRING A CAMERA..................i am trainable!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:Just like a pup trainable!  ;D

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
damn its quiet in here! :surrender: :scratch: :scratch:a new guy comes in and ya all scared? :whistling: :newhere: :newhere: :newhere: so who told you about my fishin prowess??? :rocker; :rocker; :fishing: :fishing2: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Everyone is packing for the cabin... or in MNO case looking for one :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
At this point and time the Motown group from the 60's (The Rapala's) is at the top of the leaderboard. This doesn't say much for for the competition this year when a group of mini King Kong's can set the pace out of the box.

Fortunately for the rest of the teams The Barbarian's are are just waiting to see how things here will unfold. Sometime in the immediate future we will become tired of waiting in the middle of the pack.

Unfortunately for the group from Motown ( the miniature King Kong's) will be attacked by The Barbarian's with the shock and awe of Godzilla! I can see it all right now and I'm sure the rest of teams will be shaking in their undies.

Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty weak to call the Winning TEAM  the #13 Floating Rapalas a group of mini King Kongs...  You got part of the name right, we will stayon top so are the three Kings!!! We are just putting a few small fish up to get us in shape for some big ones! :king:  :king: :king: Bring it on!!! 

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
corny13 Your Bass was over power by The Barbarian's  ;D

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nice job there Wild Thing! Glad to see you keeping us in the race while Big Slick and I get a chance to lay back in our Lazyboys and take it easy for a spell. What the others don't realize is that we work as a team here in the camp of The Barbarians. A well oiled machine is what we are. Were using the relay method that we've decided upon this year. While William is our leadoff man the next member is waiting to relieve him as needed. That reminds me, hey Big Slick toss me another Hamm's.

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Oh By all mean I am not done, I still have a ace to play  ;D We Can be in first place right now But I am having fun toying with them  ;D Lee and big slick just kick your feet up while I crush them  ;D

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Well look at that seems with the General's fish and now Great's Northern we are in 2nd place drafting behind the first place team. Time for me to toss in a little ole bass just to make things interesting and take over first..
Bobby Bass

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well look at that seems with the General's fish and now Great's Northern we are in 2nd place drafting behind the first place team. Time for me to toss in a little ole bass just to make things interesting and take over first..

Hey Bobby,

If I was you I wouldn't rush into anything. Look at Big Slick and I just Chilin for a bit. We figured as past champions (and you do fall into that category) we deserve a break in the action for a while. FYI check around at your local garage sales for some great deals on a Lazy- Boy. That's where slick and I got ours. Don't forget today is Veteran's Day and we are Championship Veterans dating back to 2008.

We have to put plastic on the chair foot rests because Big Slick refuses to remove them boots with the cow dung on um. :doah:

« Last Edit: May 05/30/11, 06:46:24 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Geeze, before I can even go fishin my teammate the Greatoutdoors puts up a bass, Now we are in first and I will have to sit back and wait for all you guys to catch up ! Thought you guys might like to see my office chair here at the Lodge!
« Last Edit: May 05/30/11, 07:07:12 PM by Bobby Bass »
Bobby Bass

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
Fellow SEALTeam 6 members, Bobby Bass and the General:
Now that we're in 1st place (where we rightfully belong), how's abouts we toy with the others for a few days, let them get close, then yank it away from them again! training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087
You guys have any better suggestions for torturing the "also rans?"???? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
HooRah!!!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Well boy do not look The Barbarian's is moving up  ;D ;D

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Pretty weak to call the Winning TEAM  the #13 Floating Rapalas a group of mini King Kongs...  You got part of the name right, we will stayon top so are the three Kings!!! We are just putting a few small fish up to get us in shape for some big ones! :king:  :king: :king: Bring it on!!! 

It look like you are falling  ;D

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
Well Wildlifemn  we thought we would just share the glory for a bit!   :whistling:  Dont look backwards we will catch up... ;D

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
you are  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: corny13  I still have my Ace and Lee and big slick are all most really to  training-087 training-087 you all out.  ;D

We will never look up as we will be on the top of this list,   ;D

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
You're looking up now Babee!! ;D
Would you like me to call a Chiropractor of your choice to reserve a table for three later in the year for the Barbarians?? :happybounce:
That way you all can get an adjustment for sore necks from looking up at SEALTeam 6 for 100+ days???? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Say Greatoutdoors, kind of nice fishing in this calm water up ahead of the pack.  :fishing2:  I noticed a few boats behind us and some are still tied up at the dock.  :titanic:  Did you see that guy in the fur hat yelling at us as we zipped on by?   :banghead: No big deal, he is nothing but a dot on the horizon now.... Yup, time to crack a beer and just drift for awhile.  :toast:
Bobby Bass