Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 487859 times)

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
Hey, that looks just like the Cafe Lee said you dine at on a daily basis!! ;D ;D
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I think I found greatoutdoors spot

Willy you couldn't find your way out of a wet paper bag much less find G.O.'s spot. :rotflmao:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Hey, that looks just like the Cafe Lee said you dine at on a daily basis!! ;D ;D

Willy you couldn't find your way out of a wet paper bag much less find G.O.'s spot. :rotflmao:

Well look who talking !!
I see greatoutdoors must dinning in the tolit and the General can't fine his paper bag But you guys are not telling me something that I do not all really know... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Well look who talking !!
I see greatoutdoors must dinning in the tolit and the General can't fine his paper bag But you guys are not telling me something that I do not all really know... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

I better type this really slow for you Willy so you can understand.

I said YOU...............Can't...................find.................your...................way.............out..........of................a................wet.................paper....................bag.    NOT I..................can't................find..................a.................paper................bag

Do you understand now?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Well look who talking !!

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

I better type this really slow for you Willy so you can understand.

I said YOU...............Can't...................find.................your...................way.............out..........of................a................wet.................paper....................bag.    NOT I..................can't................find..................a.................paper................bag

Do you understand now?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

No You have it all wrong!!!! It Not me It You two!!!  :moon:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
But Then I am a threat to your team.  ;D

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
A Threat? you are pretty much all done there Wild, kind of shot your wad and all you can do now is hold on and hope to many don't pass you up.. :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
A Threat? you are pretty much all done there Wild, kind of shot your wad and all you can do now is hold on and hope to many don't pass you up.. :rotflmao:

Ok You just keep thinking that  ;D The way I see in I have you all work up  ;D

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman

Ok You just keep thinking that  ;D The way I see in I have you all work up  ;D
Ya, you got me all worked up dat's fur sur.
 (I was looking for a yawning smilie but we don't have one.) Suppose I should go fishing cuz I am so far behind,   :oops1:  wait my TEAM is way ahead!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
 15 (fifteen) is the natural number following 14 and preceding 16. In English, it is the smallest natural number with seven letters in its spelled name.

U.S. Marshalls have a 15 Most Wanted List

Apollo 15 was the fourth mission to land men on the Moon. This mission was the first flight of the Lunar Roving Vehicle

May 15 is the 135th day of the year (136th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar.

I-15 CORE is the state of Utah's largest construction project to date

WICD ABC NewsChannel 15 - Your source for the latest breaking local news, sports , weather, school closings, community events

The F-15 Eagle is an all-weather, extremely maneuverable, tactical fighter designed to gain and maintain air superiority in aerial combat

15 inches, How far behind Wildlife is behind the Seal Team..
 :coffee:
Bobby Bass

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
'Team Make A Move'  is going to get in this challenge soon.  Our goal is to play our game.  91 inches or bust!!  We will do our best and have no thoughts of the competition.   Not one posted fish fits our requirements for all time MNO record that was posted last year.  The number to beat is 90.75.  We have a bunch of fishermen and women in this challenge.  It will take catching three trophies, readable pics, and a lot of luck to win this year.  Good luck to all.  The road to the hall of fame is bumpy. :coffee:  If you happen to feel a cool breeze over your shoulder check the leader board.  That will be us making a move. :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
15 (fifteen) is the natural number following 14 and preceding 16. In English, it is the smallest natural number with seven letters in its spelled name.

U.S. Marshalls have a 15 Most Wanted List

Apollo 15 was the fourth mission to land men on the Moon. This mission was the first flight of the Lunar Roving Vehicle

May 15 is the 135th day of the year (136th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar.

I-15 CORE is the state of Utah's largest construction project to date

WICD ABC NewsChannel 15 - Your source for the latest breaking local news, sports , weather, school closings, community events

The F-15 Eagle is an all-weather, extremely maneuverable, tactical fighter designed to gain and maintain air superiority in aerial combat

15 inches, How far behind Wildlife is behind the Seal Team..
 :coffee:

You mean my team, As you said this is a team  Challenge  ;D

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
"90.75 Kenhuntin" Hall Of Fame numbers, :bow:  but that was last year. DDS it is good to have goals. But the moon has to be just right and you have to have a "Hot Rod" on your team to crack them kind of numbers. Just so happens that Seal Team has the Hot Rod this year. Lots of time in this challenge, heck we are not even into the second quarter yet. I will make a prediction though, Some guys on here are planning a big fishing trip to northern waters thinking that they will bring home big numbers to post. If that does not happen they will have little time to catch up on their home water.

Lee and Borgie have their trip coming up, and as a past teammate I know Lee will tease us before he post some of the biggest fish yet to be caught,  :moon: that is a given and I tip my hat to a fellow champion.  :happy1: Meanwhile Seal team will enjoy being alone in first and will continue to lay smack as any of you would if you were in first. Which brings me to the Wild, what's that saying?   :sorry: "If you aint first, than your last"  :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Your are correct wildlife, your team. :happy1:
However, it matters not whether it's you alone, or the entire team looking at the tail lights of SEALTeam 6 getting smaller and smaller, as it steadily pulls ahead of you and yours!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
HOO RAH!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Your are correct wildlife, your team. :happy1:
However, it matters not whether it's you alone, or the entire team looking at the tail lights of SEALTeam 6 getting smaller and smaller, as it steadily pulls ahead of you and yours!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
HOO RAH!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

By the time we're done Willy will need to have his scope on 9 power to see our tale lights...........DDS will need the Keck Telescope to see us.

Offline Big Slick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008 & 2011 MNO Fishing Challenge Champs!
I would like to apologize to my fellow team members for my lack of fish.
For the last couple weeks a nasty case of tendonitis in my left wrist has me doing next to nothing, (can't even pull the clutch lever on the Harley!) But it is getting better and the season has just begun.

Rock-On Barbarians, I'll catch up to you soon!
 :blues brothers:
You never see a FLAG BURNING at a GUN SHOW.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
For the last couple weeks a nasty case of tendonitis in my left wrist has me doing next to nothing, (can't even pull the clutch lever on the Harley!) But it is getting better and the season has just begun.

Glad to here your getting better, I got the Seal Team all work up, As of now we are in 2 place But I know that Seal Team will be going backwards very soon  ;D ;D

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
I have been very busy guiding on Lake Geneva lately when Mother Nature allows me so I won't be entering any fish for some time to come. However, I am enjoying the individual competition between our man Wild Thing and that new kid on the block greatoutdoors. In the name of good sportsmanship I would like to commend both competitors for some stimulating competition. training-087

Just a quick word to greatoutdoors and that would be:
 Beware because I will be headed up to your home turf in the near future. This will give The Barbarians our first opportunity to play on the same level playing field right in your own backyard.

« Last Edit: June 06/09/11, 05:37:27 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Big Daddy Lee:
I told Jeep you weren't coming up this year, so he canceled your reservation, and gave your motor permits to me! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey Big Daddy Lee:
I told Jeep you weren't coming up this year, so he canceled your reservation, and gave your motor permits to me! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Hey G.O.,

Like I said before :whistling:

« Last Edit: June 06/10/11, 10:10:35 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011

Now that we aint teammates anymore I need to know if it is true that you named your Harley coattails?
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman

Glad to here your getting better, I got the Seal Team all work up, As of now we are in 2 place But I know that Seal Team will be going backwards very soon  ;D ;D

Hmmm, first of all SEALTeam 6 isn't worked up, we're on cruise control in the number one position. :Clap: 
Another observation, you are not in 2nd place, you are TIED for second place, which puts you in 3rd place in the mind of the greatest trio of fishing talent ever combined, SEALTeam 6.
HOO RAH!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Glad to here your getting better, I got the Seal Team all work up, As of now we are in 2 place But I know that Seal Team will be going backwards very soon  ;D ;D

Hmmm, first of all SEALTeam 6 isn't worked up, we're on cruise control in the number one position. :Clap:  
Another observation, you are not in 2nd place, you are TIED for second place, which puts you in 3rd place in the mind of the greatest trio of fishing talent ever combined, SEALTeam 6.
HOO RAH!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

No we are in 2 place as if you are first at a # that brakes the tie!!! read the rules  ;D
« Last Edit: June 06/10/11, 01:43:29 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Kind of quiet there Wild..... Lot of talk about how I was going to need the whole summer to catch a fish to post and here in my first two outings I have already passed your Bass and your Northern. As a matter of fact my bass is the 2nd largest and my Northern is the 2nd largest also, only ones bigger have been caught by my Seal Team teammate.  So my fish don't show up in the standings Guess I'll have to go after him next... :rotflmao:  So Great, you think I can get one of Lee's spots so I can go catch a walleye next?  :happy1:
Bobby Bass

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
Heck yeah Bobby, I'll mark the map for you and show you all of Lee's fishing spots. :happy1:
He stops in the shop every year, begging me to show him where to catch fish.  :bow: :bow:
I try to refuse, but when he gets down on his knees, begging, tears flowing-well it's more than a man can take and always end up helping him out!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
That's why SEALTeam 6 is so great, not only fantanstic fishermen, but humanitarians as well!! :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:
Oh yeah, humble too!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
So quiet in here you can hear a
     Drop...
Bobby Bass

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
This just in, Big Slick is working out, wrist is on the mend!
Bobby Bass

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
This just in, Big Slick is working out, wrist is on the mend!

Thanks for the update on Slick Bobby. I haven't seen Big Slick for a few years. A little less hair and a few more pounds, but he still has the moves. :bow:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Glad to here your getting better, I got the Seal Team all work up, As of now we are in 2 place But I know that Seal Team will be going backwards very soon  ;D ;D

No we are in 2 place as if you are first at a # that brakes the tie!!! read the rules  ;D

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
DDS posts his first fish in over a year.  I think he deserves a round of applause.  :Clap:  He should probably be good for another year now.