Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635344 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There looks like there's a little fresh snow on the deck over at Trails End.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
There looks like there's a little fresh snow on the deck over at Trails End.
sure does.

also just looked at the forecast for next weekend...........doesnt look exactly like t shirt weather!!!!!!!! :confused: :pouty: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
My 10 day for up there says 1-3" on Thursday, in the 20's for Friday & Saturday.  :rolleyes: 'Sposed to start Wednesday down here with some pretty heavy rain on Thursday.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the lows are a bit chilly, seen a couple like -2 but manageable!!!!!!!!!!! little snow aint scaring me!!!!! :fish2: :fish2:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
'Sposed to be a pretty strong N wind for Thursday & Friday too. :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
'Sposed to be a pretty strong N wind for Thursday & Friday too. :scratch:
don't care much about Thursday, but Friday...I got some spots to keep me outta da wind!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy:

I just may have to alter my schedule a bit.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :tut: The wind  :bs: follows you!!  ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :tut: The wind  :bs: follows you!!  ;) :laugh: :laugh:
:mooning: :mooning: :pouty: :pouty: :tut: :tut: :tut: don't you gotta go get some TP er somefin!!!!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:  Gonna have company? Thought I heard somethin about the step dad's boat once. :confused: Somebody was tryin to tell me you were givin up fishin & drinkin too. :crazy: ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Who's Gary?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gary is my brother.  And he's coming around. I knew he'd see the light sooner or later.

And the step dad and mom went up and got the boat this past Friday. Even his Ford hot in. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

And the day I quit fishing and drinking is the same day my obituary will be in the paper. :mooning: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Figured so, but with you..................... :scratch:!                  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A little snow on the Narrows cam today.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I just got word from my friend up north. His kid was on bowstring yesterday. 2 and a half to 3 ft of ice and can drive a truck just about anywhere on the lake. :snow3: :clap: :dancinred: I should be good on the lakes I'm hitting.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck and have fun ya thug. Mg

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I just got word from my friend up north. His kid was on bowstring yesterday. 2 and a half to 3 ft of ice and can drive a truck just about anywhere on the lake. :snow3: :clap: :dancinred: I should be good on the lakes I'm hitting.

Other than a few spots on the landings the lakes are in good shape.  Probably best they have been in all winter.  Some still have a few slush pockets but most are drivable.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
There is no way I would drive a truck on Bow. I saw the ice first hand and it is not all solid ice and it is not three feet thick either.    :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There's something on the ice in front of Geiger's access today, it was there yday too. Looks like a wheeler with a blade to me. :scratch:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
No clue what that is. I'm looking at it on there facebook page which has a bigger angle and what ever it is it is weird looking.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The guy on FM that's a friend of theirs is saying it could be Ben's :scratch:, must be their kid, wheeler that was stuck out there for most of the season. It has a broken axle & he doesn't think they've been able to get it off the ice yet. :crazy:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Not a wheeler. I watched them pull it off the lake. Looked like a riding lawnmower with the hand controls but it had tracks on the back. It had roll bars and they had the tracks in plastic sleds to pull it off. It was strange.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Snowin pretty good up there since about 10. :crazy: Hope the little blue guy takes it easy comin home. :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well I made it home. it snowed about 4 this morning but when I started rolling at 6 it quit. seems like there was some freezing rain first. the roads sucked till Crosby, or a bit north of there. did a little freezing rain on the way home to.

well my biggest fear is now a dark reality. got out on the cabin lake about 1 pm. I drilled holes in 4 different spots ranging from 7 ft to 14 feet of water. had my underwater camera down and nothing bot DEAD FISH all over the bottom wherever I looked.

towards evening I thought what the hay...…..I set out to the crappie hole. for 3 1/2 hours I never marked a fish. only thing I seen was about an inch and a half bullhead come up my hole gasping for air. i'm sure that's dead to by now.

so just for entertainment purposes I drove by the holes I previously drilled to see if any fish came up looking for air...…...NOPE...…….NADDA!!!!!!

THE LITTLE LAKE behind us didn't produce either, but could be early for that. there is about 2-2 1/2 feet of ice, but the first half is all the slush ice. time to put the ice stuff away.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
That's really sad, that was one of my favorite lakes since the 70s. Pulled a lot of nice fish out of there and have the pictures to prove it. On a side note. How much snow is on the lakes? Thanks!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That's really sad, that was one of my favorite lakes since the 70s. Pulled a lot of nice fish out of there and have the pictures to prove it. On a side note. How much snow is on the lakes? Thanks!!
before this snow, today...…..maybe 2 inches at most.

thse to fisheriey guys are getting an email first thing tomorrow...…………..I aint going down without a fight.

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
They will have to I would think. They did after the 96 freeze out. If they didn't it would make every ones property on the lake worthless as far as resale value. If you need more input from people as far as contacting the DNR I would be glad to help.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
They will have to I would think. They did after the 96 freeze out. If they didn't it would make every ones property on the lake worthless as far as resale value. If you need more input from people as far as contacting the DNR I would be glad to help.
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: I don't have the emails here at home, I,ll send the mto you tomorrow. PM me your email addy!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :thumbs:  :pouty: Sad to hear about the lakes by you glenn. There's a lot of those smaller/not very deep lakes in Itasca county so it will be a big problem up there. :sad: The way St Paul has slashed their budget over the last few years I'm afraid it could easily be a fight to get enough $ to do much good. :mad1: :bonk: :banghead: The contact info your after is also @ dnr.state.mn.us/area/fisheries/grandrapids/index & there'll be a box at the bottom of the page. Top right of the box it'll say"area staff" click on that, all their phone #'s & email addresses are listed.
« Last Edit: March 03/22/20, 04:38:31 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
there email addy's are in my contact list...…….they aint getting by that easy!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, I know we've talked 'bout this before. It was more for merc's or anybody else that might be like minded benefit. Maybe even for future refernce.