Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635661 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It's been a another cold wet day here, been rainin steady since ~ noon. Haven't been outside much since I backed the boat in the garage ~ 10:30-11 yday. Must've got another 1/2" today at least, I'd guess 2.25-2.5" at least since it started. A break tomorrow but wet again late Sunday- late Tuesday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
looks like the narrows rolled in a few docks!!!!!!

suppose ole gunner is getting a bit nervous pending my arrival to the north country tomorrow!!!!!!! :evil: :mooning: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see your weatherman has backed off a little to 1-3" Monday AM -Tuesday AM now. TWC's site has it staying a little warmer & only mentions snow overnight Monday & early Tuesday. Nothing said about any accumulation there. When you comin up, tomorrow morning?  :scratch: Might have something I need to do outside so I'd like to know how much time I have. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                      ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :doah: That was pretty close timing!! :crazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I see your weatherman has backed off a little to 1-3" Monday AM -Tuesday AM now. TWC's site has it staying a little warmer & only mentions snow overnight Monday & early Tuesday. Nothing said about any accumulation there. When you comin up, tomorrow morning?  :scratch: Might have something I need to do outside so I'd like to know how much time I have. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                      ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: WELL..........that all depends on how much fun i have this afternoon!!!!!!!!!  :evil::doah: :sleazy: as to when i get going in the morning. yes tomorrow morning, on a normal trip i'm usually at the cabin by 10;20 ish!!!1 :happy1:

yea i had a talk with that weather guy!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: but iknow how that works up there......... :doofus: they say 1-3, usually means 5-6. :confused: :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :shocked: :pouty: gawd tomorrow morning can't come soon enough. :banghead: :taz: my wife is driving me nuts.  :evil: :rotflmao:

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
:confused: :shocked: :pouty: gawd tomorrow morning can't come soon enough. :banghead: :taz: my wife is driving me nuts.  :evil: :rotflmao:
Glenn, she’s probably thinking the same thing.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: Yea she's made that clear several times. :confused: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and by Tuesday you will be wanting to come home!!!    :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: He can usually count to 4 when he's up here but doesn't get as far a 5 very often.  :crazy: :tut: :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner, check your PM's. :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  ;D grilling chow, having a few  :drinking: and enjoying the view. :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Love it when it is a sheet of glass like that.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking at the long range forecast, thinking I'll be headed back up that way maybe about Thursday next week. Gotta few things I need to finish up before summer hits. :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking at the long range forecast, thinking I'll be headed back up that way maybe about Thursday next week. Gotta few things I need to finish up before summer hits. :happy1:
:scratch: Summer don't start 'til June 21!! :doofus: Good timing, I was hopin they'd get some rain while we're gone. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Have a good time in Inger. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Summer don't start 'til June 21!! :doofus: Good timing, I was hopin they'd get some rain while we're gone. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Have a good time in Inger. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :pouty: :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
geigers cam has been AWOL for the past week or so????/ :scratch: :scratch: looking at the narrows cams........ground is a tad white. bowstring shores has a nice cam too!!!!

decided this thursday........on my way back up.............for how long...........who knows!!!!! :scratch: :sleazy: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, I think Geiger's is closer to 2 weeks. MNDOT had some wet slushy roads over north of US 2 in the Hibbing area early today. Even Fred's & the 1 @ GDP had been closing when the weather wasn't very nice for the last week or 2. A lot more activity on Nextdoor in the last week or so though so there must be some seasonals starting to show up.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looking like the weather man is going to cooperate when i'm up there!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :happybounce: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: Still a ways off so it can still change!! ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: Seems like it usually does when your up there. :crazy: Starting to look like we will be goin back up the Monday or Tuesday after you go.
« Last Edit: April 04/25/21, 08:23:51 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey GUNNER, got a text from LPS there back at home guess the gate was locked. So tomorrow is not happening. Next time. You can still come and visit. I'll put you to work
 :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the call, didn't recognize the # or would've picked up.  :doofus: W O R K?  :scratch: :doah: :moon:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the call, didn't recognize the # or would've picked up.  :doofus: W O R K?  :scratch: :doah: :moon:
Yea see how you Iowgians are.  :tut: :pouty: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: holy smokes it's 77 in the shade. :azn: down to a T- shirt and yellow and brown grundies. :evil: :azn: :rolleyes: :tongue:

Well ok maybe not that far. :sleazy: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: holy smokes it's 77 in the shade. :azn: down to a T- shirt and yellow and brown grundies. :evil: :azn: :rolleyes: :tongue:

must be getting dressed up so you can look good while at Inger!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

must be getting dressed up so you can look good while at Inger!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
:tut: :tut: can't Gunner is there  :puke:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:tut: :tut: can't Gunner is there  :puke:
:thumbs: :pouty:                                                        :scratch: Sure was A LOT of hot air comin out of the north here yday.  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I was invited to grand rapids today to meet up with my union friends, 1 of the international reps I got to know and work with. ASV's contract is up soon. Might even score a free meal yet on the union. :sleazy: :happy1:

Drove past that Mercs place looked pretty barren. :confused: musta been at hayslips. :pouty: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Make sure it's 1 of those spendy sammy's you liked when you were still gettin paid. :rolleyes: Those ruebens are probably $30 now. :crazy: Oh wait :doah:, that place closed :scratch: & is a VFW now. :whistling: :evil:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :tut: they weren't 30 bucks  :confused: sammy's is worth every penny. I didn't pay, the union did. :mooning: just ate at the chinese buffet in the mall were his office is.

Heading home tomorrow, momma is begging. :sleazy: :happy1:
« Last Edit: May 05/02/21, 09:53:43 PM by glenn57 »