Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635310 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like roads in northwest minn,fargo area are shut down this morning.blizzard conditions,50mph winds,yikes.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
As far east as Wadena & almost as far as Park Rapids.....................no travel advised. Just spent ~ 45 minutes out making our driveway passable, opened up the neighbors too. Hands & feet started to get cold, close to 4" here.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: One of the neighbors up the road has been sitting on a bucket out in front of his place since around noon today. :crazy: :doofus:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Y brother is at the cabin. He sent me this a bit ago. From this morning.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 We ONLY had -28* :rolleyes: about a 1/2 hour before sunrise here. :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We ONLY had -28* :rolleyes: about a 1/2 hour before sunrise here. :scratch:
it's always colder by the cabin for some reason. Seems we are in a hole .

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Alexa and the 2 phone apps are usually pretty close, but our indoor/outdoor temp gauge runs about 5 degrees warmer, under the soffit on the north side.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Usually it's only on the 24/7 Bemidji weather channel do we ever see 10-15* difference & that's usually between Bemidji & DR which are 55 miles apart. :crazy: :confused:
« Last Edit: February 02/13/22, 08:55:37 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Y brother is at the cabin. He sent me this a bit ago. From this morning.
Those kind of temps & the locals usually have a lot of stories about propane/furnace problems when we talk to 'em.  :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
talked to my brother last night.....wasnt a good report........looks like i may me done for winter fishing up there.....at east the 2 lakes by the cabin. :confused: he sdaid the little lake....thats behind to old school is a big slush bowl now. said there was big holes you woildnt want to walk over.......basiclly said they were happy to get off the lake.

the cabin lake.he said his kid took my snowmobile out there and made tracks....but strongly suggested not trying it anytime soon. he did say using my snowmobile helped a lot.

fishing......he sent me a picture of 1 pike and crappies did not cooperate whatsoever. so....no its kinda wait and see!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe wait until later season when the snow melts down. Late season is the better fishing anyway.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hadn't been out for a week so we went over to Riley's yday for a little HH. The owner was working & I mentioned that it'd either been colder than snot or snowing ever since we came up. He kind of :laugh: & said yeah, we're due for break.  :rolleyes: Then I asked about getting around out on the lakes & he said it was pretty much limited to plowed roads only. The couple next to us then said that the drifts were big, nasty, & just about everywhere the last time they were out. So, I kind of expected to hear that from your brother.
« Last Edit: February 02/15/22, 10:18:16 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe wait until later season when the snow melts down. Late season is the better fishing anyway.
spearing closes in a few weeks........i wanted to hit that up one last time for the year!!!!!! :confused: :doah: yea that is my next option!!! :happy1: just gotta figure out where Merc goes!!! :happy1: :evil: :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i just read the DNR warden reports for several northern mn districts???????? no a one mentioned slush being an issue!!!!

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I go to Hayslips!     :cheesy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I go to Hayslips!     :cheesy:
  :happy1: :cool: We were there the Friday after we came up, 2/4. You should've stopped by. ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
« Last Edit: February 02/16/22, 06:17:51 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We had a wheeler with tracks out front late yday morning, he fished about an hour & it looked like he was planning on leaving the bay. He never made it, it looked like too much snow to pull his sled/gear. He shoveled it out, unhooked made a track to turn around. Started back this way & had to stop 3-4 times. It looked like he was clearing snow from inside the tracks then mostly to me :scratch: but it took him > than 1/2 hour just to get off the bay. He had company ~ 4, a S x S with tracks, they stopped out front again for a bit but then the wheeler returned to the resort but the other left the bay. The S x S came back in a few minutes but just a bit later I seen the wheeler leaving the bay too. In the afternoon neither of them was pulling a sled full of gear.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
any signs of slush gunner????? snow usually doesnt do much to tracks....however, slush is a complete nightmare!!!!!!! :confused: :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read one fartbook, with the impending weather highbanks are already closing there road out on the lake Friday.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
with the winds coming up Friday I can see why!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea along with the 2-4 inches of snow thrown in!!! sure hope gunner gets out of inger before it gets to nasty!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

they said it was a bit early to tell but there talking 4-6 around here maybe monday.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea along with the 2-4 inches of snow thrown in!!! sure hope gunner gets out of inger before it gets to nasty!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

they said it was a bit early to tell but there talking 4-6 around here maybe monday.

yea heard 2 to 4.. we will see!!!   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
any signs of slush gunner????? snow usually doesnt do much to tracks....however, slush is a complete nightmare!!!!!!! :confused: :confused:
None............................. unless it counts :scratch: when I put the wrong ice in my glass with my Fireball or bourbon. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: All I know is it took him almost 45 minutes to go < 100 yds & the only thing I seen flying was snow. :confused:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Oh Gunner fireball, I like fireball!! :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  I see where Sundin is sayin he's all but quit ice fishing because of all the slush he's been finding on his favorite hard water lakes.  :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea i read that too. i know i'm done up north for a while.....maybe see how things go by mid to end of march!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Went down to get the mail about 2 so I went up the road to check out the resort. There's at least 5-6 trucks with maybe 4 trailers & a car over there.  Looked like they are in 2-3 of their bigger new cabins to me. :scratch: It didn't look like anybody was out on the lake then but we just seen 3 SxS's & 1 smaller wheeler going in or out. The ones just going out were pullin sleds with their gear as you can now see where they have a trail packed down. Couple of the SxS's were big enough to be carrying 4. :confused: The neighbor has been sitting on his pail out there since before 7 AM again today. Out there 'til dark last night too. :crazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Went down to get the mail about 2 so I went up the road to check out the resort. There's at least 5-6 trucks with maybe 4 trailers & a car over there.  Looked like they are in 2-3 of their bigger new cabins to me. :scratch: It didn't look like anybody was out on the lake then but we just seen 3 SxS's & 1 smaller wheeler going in or out. The ones just going out were pullin sleds with their gear as you can now see where they have a trail packed down. Couple of the SxS's were big enough to be carrying 4. :confused: The neighbor has been sitting on his pail out there since before 7 AM again today. Out there 'til dark last night too. :crazy:
:pouty: we'll get out there and join them.  :happy1: :rotflmao: :mooning: