Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: deer river/talmoon area  (Read 635792 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Somebody on foot :fishing: on the other side of the bay this afternoon. Would be out of the wind a little more over there. :rolleyes: Seen 2 wheelers leaving the bay from over on that side ~ 1:30 too. :crazy:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Short on counter space. Nice undies glenn!
you should see me in my thong undies!  :smoking: :mooning: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/26/22, 06:29:25 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you should see me in my thing undies!  :smoking: :mooning: :rotflmao:

very scary thought I'm thinking!!!!   :happy1: :thumbs:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife 🥰 doesn't think so!!! :sleazy: :wowza: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll ask her the next time I see her!!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :doah: Is that how you dress to get the paper? :nerd: :evil:  If so, that might be why the neighbor lady moved.  :sleazy:                ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 03/26/22, 09:43:49 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :doah: Is that how you dress to get the paper? :nerd: :evil:  If so, that might be why the neighbor lady moved.  :sleazy:                ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: or it could be that she couldnt take looking at that sexy body anymore..ever think of that!!!! :pouty: :doah: :bow: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

on a side note my brother texted me a picture last nite of another fine batch of sunfish they caught. good thing he has me to guide him!!!! :happy1: he's never hadany luck ice fishing sunfish on that lake!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: SEXY BODY???? :doofus: :rolleyes:  :bonk: :doah:  I take it he was on the little lake? Had a SxS across the bay ~ 5 yday too.
« Last Edit: March 03/27/22, 11:07:13 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Spaced out I took this picture. This was Tuesday afternoon. That picnic table was free and clear of snow the day before.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
had to use the heater in the out house again I'll bet!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is why Gunner had that power outage.   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
had to use the heater in the out house again I'll bet!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:tut: :tut: :tut: never happening again. i let some of my candyazz friends do that once! the sidewalls of that building had 3-4 inches of ice all over it!!!!!!! :pouty: :bs: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :scratch: i just read Jeff Sundins report from 3-25.........we didnt find the same conditions he did!!!!!!!! :surrender: :doah: :scratch: :scratch:

Offline merc

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
We actually made it out on Bow but it was a bit of work. Couldn't get to our normal spots so fishing was not great. We are going back the week after next. By then the ice conditions should be fine.     :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We actually made it out on Bow but it was a bit of work. Couldn't get to our normal spots so fishing was not great. We are going back the week after next. By then the ice conditions should be fine.     :happy1:
hope so......where and when did you go out there??????????/

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Warming up again starting Monday & maybe another 1" of snow Wednesday in my 10 day. Mid - 30's to the mid - 40's & pretty windy too is what I'm seeing. Not so sure that will make getting out there much better than it is now. :confused: Even with that wind I'd guess there were ~10 people out on the bay since Friday here though, only 1 was using a snowmobile.
« Last Edit: March 03/28/22, 07:36:13 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We put 1.9 million walleye fry, that's double what the DNR usually does, in the lake in 2018. It was a non-stocking year for the DNR for our lake, they will only do it so often. So we talked to the DNR, we had to get a permit to do it, & they recommended where we could buy some. Then arranged for enough volunteers, & followed the DNR's & vendor's suggestions on how to go about putting them in the lake. I think that cost ~ $20 k, of which the association paid 1/2 & Mr. B paid the rest.
way to feed and fatten up them snot rockets!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i wonder if the Jessie lake watershed group would fund restocking the cabin lake!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: there's supposedly someone on the lake on that board....... i'm sure he got my info!!!! :evil:

yea my buddy Wentzel told us we could get the permit and pay for stocking........but we don't have a rich guy on the lake!!!!!! :pouty:
bringing this back to the front.............right before i went up to the cabin this last time, i shipped off a letter to the guy that sent me the application to join the Jessie Lake Watershed assoc.

i threw the application away yesterday, today i got an email from a guy that is on the board, has a cabin on Peterson and says he represents the lake. first i'm pleases and surprised i actually got a reply, but..... he said these where the things they have done for the lake.......
hired a trapper to rid of beaver.they got 10.
watch the boats going on the lake for invasive species......... :rolleyes:
watch what people catch for fish and report it to the DNR
and working with the DNR to possibly restock the lake.....yea right........ after what Wentzel told me.not holding my breath!!!!

i'm pretty sure i know who the guy is, he has a 256
area code and he is from Alabama! i'll reply but need to do some research first!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see they have a stretch of CR 35 that they keep clean too as there's a sign over by Jessie View Resort. We do a 3 mile stretch of CR 4 & 35 twice a year here. I think that's pretty common, at least 1 section, with most lake associations in the state too. It sounds like they're doing much the same stuff as we do. :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well the guy from Alabama had a good email conversation yesterday!!!!!!!! he said they have a fall meeting scheduled in AUG!!!!1 i'm going to go to that!!!!!

he also told me later in the day that they got word in June sometime the DNR fisheries will be stocking the lake with bluegills, crappies and bass!!!!!!  :happybounce: :dancinred: :dancinred: :blues brothers: :rocker; :happy1: with that being said.....i think i'll join the watershed!!!!!! :happy1:

i'd like to think i had a hand in that!!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rolleyes:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rolleyes: :doah: Yeah, probably :scratch:.....................................not as much as you THINK though.  :sleazy: :tut:  :doofus:                   :nerd: :evil:                                          ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/10/22, 07:52:54 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rolleyes: :doah: Yeah, probably :scratch:.....................................not as much as you THINK though.  :sleazy: :tut:  :doofus:                   :nerd: :evil:                                          ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:pouty: :pouty: :tut: :tut: :tut: oh pretty sure i started the fire!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: You weren't even THAT important @ BM647. :rolleyes: :doah:                 ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: You weren't even THAT important @ BM647. :rolleyes: :doah:                 ;) :laugh: :laugh:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: oh i've been hearing things  :tut: :tut: the negotiating i did by myself......there's 3 of them going now!!!!!! besides dont care no more!!!!!!!!!

there's some open water on the narrows cams!!!!!! hoping things are cleared up enough by the last weekend in April.........got things to do up nort!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I don't think our ice will be out 'til May here. So we're headed home Wednesday for Easter, probably only be a week or so though. Where does the JLWA hold their meetings.........................Hayslips?  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: Do they have people taking lake samples to send in to the state like here? I imagine they  would want to make sure somebodies septic or YOUR outhouse isn't running right in to the lake.  :doah: It's 1 of our neighbors who does it here & he does water clarity (secchi disc) too.
« Last Edit: April 04/10/22, 09:40:53 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: I don't think our ice will be out 'til May here. So we're headed home Wednesday for Easter, probably only be a week or so though. Where does the JLWA hold their meetings.........................Hayslips?  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: Do they have people taking lake samples to send in to the state like here? I imagine they  would want to make sure somebodies septic or YOUR outhouse isn't running right in to the lake.  :doah: It's 1 of our neighbors who does it here & he does water clarity (secchi disc) too.
o worries the outhouse is far enough from the lake. When dad added on to the cabin the inspector said it was fine but don't go closer to the lake.

The guy didn't know where the Aug meeting is going to be at. He said the last one was at the Jessie lake town hall I believe west of hayslips. Yea it's a Saturday morning meeting I doubt it'll be at hayslips. :rotflmao:

Water samples???? I know they do on Jessie not sure about the other lakes in the watershed. I know when you look at lake finder there is a sceechi reading.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Their website https://minnesotawaters.org/jessielakewatershed/ says they do samples, looked up the Town Hall too & don't remember driving by that before. I don't do that stretch of CR 4 much though.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Their website https://minnesotawaters.org/jessielakewatershed/ says they do samples, looked up the Town Hall too & don't remember driving by that before. I don't do that stretch of CR 4 much though.
when your driving from talmoon our way it's on the first curve across the road from the church there!! It's a small building.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Must be small, Google Maps just shows a building but doesn't call it the JL townhall.. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 04/11/22, 09:51:19 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: There was quite a bit of open water @ the Cutfoot bridge on Friday but it didn't look like it was even close to 1/2 way to The Narrows to me, yet then. In a normal year they're putting the pens in by the resort & Little Cutfoot about now & take spawn in about a week. A lot of current there so it can go fast, especially with some rain, but I think they may be doing it a bit later than usual year.