Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New to MNO? Please introduce yourself  (Read 377578 times)

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
    ::welcome::  Welcome to the site.  Don't miss out on this years ice fishing team challenge.  It's a lot of fun.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Stnmtz

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Sounds like fun... signed up for the hunting contest already
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt" Abraham Lincoln

Offline dokrichy

• If you aint Cav........
Hey yall, going to be moving to MN soon, wondering if anyone could fill me in on MN hunting laws and hunting near detroit lakes?

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Welcome to MN dokrichy.  Here is the MN DNR web site.  Through it you can find all the hunting and fishing regulations.  As expected some are open to interpretation but it's the best place to start.  Good luck and good hunting.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/index.html

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline dokrichy

• If you aint Cav........
Thanks deadeye, appreciate it!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
 ::welcome:: What state are you coming to MN from?
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline houdini123

• Outdoorsman
Hey guys I'm Will I live in west central Minnesota.  Pretty much if it swims I try to catch and eat it.  I really enjoy going out bow hunting for deer to I actually get to go for the first time this year tomorrow and gotta I'm pretty stoked.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 ::welcome::and good luck

Offline NouKa

• Minnow
30, just moved to Bemidji to attend BSU, up from Minneapolis, let me know if you live in the area and want to get out for some outdorsee things.  When I'm not studying I enjoy fishing/hunting like pretty much everyone else on here right?

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 ::welcome::  ::welcome::  You will have plenty to keep you busy in the Bemidji area.  Don't forget about the school work.  ;)
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline BCECIL

Hello - I am Brian and have hunted and fished MN for decades.  Started a biz recently with a significant hunting/fishing presence... Hope is this ultimately raises awareness for hunting and hunters impact on conservation.  Nice site btw.  Brian
« Last Edit: September 09/28/12, 09:03:09 PM by HD »

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline lucasoil4u

25 Live in Plymouth. Getting Married Next year. Headed up north this weekend to do some serious duck/grouse hunting. Full time service advisor at a shop in the West Metro. Cars are life. Hunt/Fish/skeet shooting. Any questions let me know. 

:newhere: training-087 :USA:

Offline Stnmtz

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt" Abraham Lincoln

Offline UplandObsession

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 ::welcome::  good luck with the grouse. Bird count is on its decline but my guess is you will still be able to find pockets of them.

Offline a tryon

Hello all,

I am 21 years old and am currently deployed as an MP in the US Army.  When I return to the states I will be new to Minnesota and want to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible.  I am equipped for mainly duck hunting but am interested in other game.  Unfortunately, I will not be able to hunt birds this season so I will have to enjoy what spring has to offer.
Hopefully this site will make the transition a little easier.

Thanks.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hi and welcome to the site.  Turkeys are abundent throughout the state and makes for nice spring hunting.   
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline LOWLiz

• Minnow
    • Lake of the Woods Tourism
Hi!

I am LOWLiz!   I will keep you up to date on what is happening in the Lake of the Woods area!  Keep an eye out for my weekly fishing report!
« Last Edit: October 10/16/12, 12:35:18 PM by HD »

Offline Stnmtz

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 ::welcome:: Look forward to the reports

Offline BowFever91

• Outdoorsman
I am 21 years old. I am currently engaged with no kids... Yet... I live in Isle, Mn. Right next to Mille Lacs Lake. I am obsessed with being in the woods or on the water. Theres nothin better than that. I work in St. Cloud, MN as a Diesel Mechanic.
A day in the woods is worth a month in the City.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
 ;D  You have come to the right place.   ::welcome:: ::welcome::   Be sure to sign up for the ice fishing challenge.  We need some young guns.  :fudd:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi!

I am LOWLiz!   I will keep you up to date on what is happening in the Lake of the Woods area!  Keep an eye out for my weekly fishing report!

::welcome:: ::welcome::   I already read your first one.  Your input is greatly appreciated.  We also need more women in the ice fishing challenge.  I must warn all new members the ice fishing challenge smack down is a thread where only the strong survive.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline lmholmes11

Hello everyone.

I currently live in Lansing, Michigan, however my wife just accepted a probation officer job in Chaska, MN. We will be moving in about a month.

I am 26 years old and am a Combat Vet medically retired from the Marine Corps. I put 6 years in. I have two daughtors with another on the way. I am an avid hunter and fisherman.

I am excited to see what all MN has to offer outdoors wise. I have heard its quite a lot like Michigan. Can anyone give me some info on Chaska as far as climate, hunting and fishing opportunities? Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to talking with you guys.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline 2dawoods

Hi everone.  I'm new to the site.  I just turned 31 and live in Lino Lakes with my wife.   We have a 2 year old daughter and another one on the way.  (we'll find out the sex in a few weeks).  I work downtown Minneapolis at a Brokerage firm.  I've been fishing and hunting most of my life, but recently our family just purchased 400+ acres in the Pequot Lakes area near my parents.  It's got everything an outdoorsman could want.  Wildlife (deer, turkey, pheasant, grouse, fox, coyote, wolf, bear, duck, geese) corn fields, praries, woods, wetlands, creeks.  We'll have the rest of our lives to fix it up.  Right now we're trying to figure out the deer patterns and where to place foodplots in relation to stands/wind direction.  It's exciting and am learning alot.  I'm currently trying to make and create my own turkey calls.  So far I've made scratch box calls and tube calls. I'll post some pics on here shortly.
« Last Edit: October 10/26/12, 01:46:55 PM by 2dawoods »

Offline Stnmtz

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Congrads on the land and welcome to the site ::welcome::

Offline mncdn

Hello All!

I have been a fisherman all my life but I am fairly new hunter at 33 years of age (just 4 years into it).   I live in Rosemount MN.  I have been really enjoying Bow Hunting and next year I hope to get out as much as possible.  I have a new job that will be flexible so I am trying to take advantage of that.   Anyways I am hoping to get ideas from you good folk on the Minnesota Outdoorsman.

Thanks!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Welcome and happy to have you.  Ask away.

Offline weldgasman

• Outdoorsman
Good morning, I am 35 and new to MNO. Paging through all the forums has been fun. I figured I would give it a shot. The challeges look like fun. I cannot wait to be able to participate. Found ou about the site through a friend.

Get out and teach a kid about the outdoors.