Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New to MNO? Please introduce yourself  (Read 359912 times)

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
I thought it might be kind of fun to have a thread where everyone can introduce themselves.

I'm 36 years old, live in Woodbury Mn, have 2 kids, 11 and 3 years old, divorced and looking for a wealthy female between 21 and 35 years old to take care of me ;D

« Last Edit: May 05/13/08, 02:58:32 PM by Pat Turnquist »
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Brandon_Collins

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm 17 years old live in Andover/ Lake of the Woods, Mn am currently single not really looking friends with benefits are fine for me right now. I am an avid hunter and fisherman dont get out nearly as much fishing as i do hunting. Hunting is everyday thing for me in the fall. I am a member of mnoutdoorsman Work for a construction business which is starting to get lots of work right now

Brandon
MNO Preffered Sponsors
http://jrstackle.com
http://marcumtech.com Fishing electronics

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Hello.

I am 28 Years old, I have a daughter and I am soon to be engaged, shhhhh ;)

Lets see, I own this site with Pat aka Spinach, I work as a Security officer in the evenings, I am a full-time Law enforcement student and my favorite of all jobs, I work for Outdoors Weekly.

I graduate in 3 weeks so we can cross that off the list and I will be dropping down to part time with the Security Dep. once June rolls around and will be giving the Outdoors weekly a lot more of my time.

Nice to meet you all.

Offline eelpout

• Outdoorsman
I am 31 for another month, a 20 month old son, working on another one, married 4+ years, live in Isanti, 2 dogs, work at Medtronic, going back to school for my teaching licence and enjoy fishing, hunting, and gardening. 
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hello,

My name is Bob and I am a Fishaholic ;D.

I am 44 years old and live on a hobby farm on Da Range.? I have 2 children who are the light of my life.? ?Lizzy is 8 and Jake is 11.? They both love to fish with dad and we do lots of fishing, camping and soon hunting together.

My favorite place in the world is on Basswood Lake in the BWCA.? It is heaven on earth to me.

I will start hitting other places now that I have purchased a bigger boat with a 40 hp.? Basswood has kept me limited to 25 hp up until now.? I bought the bigger rig so we can more safely fish places like Upper Red, LOW and Mille Lacs.

I am addicted to fishing forums, and also have a penchant for barely pop.

Oh yea, I am working on a long over due divorce and my outdoor time has increased greatly and will continue to do so ;D.

Offline 7Pines

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Dan Brown
Taurus
I dig honest people, sunsets...hey, HEY!!!  Wrong forum, sorry. ;D
42, married to Su for 12 years, two boys: Anders (7) and August aka "Augie" (3), live in Taylors Falls, MN
If it swims, I fish for it.
If it flies, walks or crawls and is legal game, I hunt it.
Ug, Ug... ;D

Offline TK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Andover, MN
My name is Tom Kemp.  Age 16.  I am a student at andover high school (10th grade).  I live with my three brothers and parents and black lab.  I spend as much time as i can hunting and fishing ;D 

Offline fishn rick

• 25 '' rainbow
im 35, might as well be married..? passion is fly fishing? ,? been all over out west and going to alaska august 12th..? and my cousin is mayfly so if anyone wants some dirt or to veiw some? incriminating videos i can help..? sorry tim ;D

Offline perch destroyer

• Outdoorsman
 I`m 46 yrs. old from Fairmont. My bride and I have been married 18 yrs. and we have 4 great sons.
 My dog Moses is a Chesapeake Bay Retriever, and loves to go after pheasants every fall, we also hunt deer with muzzleloaders.
 Fishing is what really excites me whether on local lakes, up on a Northern lake or on the Mississippi River either by boat, through the ice or on shore.
 I work for a family farm and manage their hog enterprise.
Behold The Fisherman. He riseth up early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations!
 He goeth forth full of hope, and when the day is spent--- He returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not in him!

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey Dana,

Good to see you!? I never knew you were the perch destroyer until now :).
« Last Edit: April 04/26/06, 08:57:37 PM by Dr.Bob »

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
Hello, I'm Benny.42 years old semi married with a 10 year old daughter .

Born on the Range, moved down to the cities for work.
Found a company called Graco to work for, been there 22 years as a Machinist and  can't wait to retire and move North again.

Hobbies now include any thing out doors and training my yellow lab,shooting sports,and ATV's.

Benny

"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Offline BUCKHEAD

• Outdoorsman
hello i'm johnny.  Buckhead .i'm 59yrs. married for 14 yrs. divorced for 23yrs.and happy. been a ibot for 4 to 5 yrs.have 3 kids 2 boys 38 and 36 and a girl 37. retired from const. after32 yrs. all my friends are ibots so smelt fry here i come.putz is my bloodbrother as of the first ibot party.

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Almost 200 members and only 12 replies in 2 days, come on everyone lets take a minute and introduce yourself to the MNO family. :)

MNO Fishing Reports
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Mr Harry

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I will be 55 in a couple of months, been married 31 years, its been very good.  We still go out on dates!!! I have a daughter 28 a son 22 both good kids.  I love to fish, restore old tractors do some wood working.  My latest project is working on our 40 acres a half mile from Red Lake.  The electricity is going into the property soon.  Trails are being developed...it is great fun.  I was a Kawasaki and Ski Doo dealer for ten years, the past twenty years I have been working with the mentally handicapped and also obtaining and developing homes for this population.  I live on the outskirts of Wadena on 16 acres.  I enjoy going out for coffee with the guys almost every morning.  I also enjoy having a whiskey or two!!!!

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I will be 33 in June.  I have been married for 10 years.  I have four wonderful kids (2 boys & 2 girls) ages 10, 7, 3, 1.  I enjoy hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, softball, golf...just about anything out doors.  My family owns 2 cabins on URL (it's one of my favorite places to spend time).  My boys are tagging along on my duck and pheasant hunts .  They can't wait to upgrade from their bb guns.  I live in Owatonna, grew up in Isanti, attended college in Winona.  I work for Midwest Wireless.  I like a capt'n cokes now and again (or again and again)!
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi I'm GRIZ

Been going through a divorce for last few yrs. I have a couple kids daughter (15) and a boy (3). I love the outdoors trappin, hunting or fishing with my biggest passion being trapping. If it was legal I'd snare deer and trap fish. My reasoning is it'd be a bigger challenge. Ya couldn't get by with getting within shooting range or casting distance. You'd have to get to the exact few inches where the critter is going to be. A few other things I enjoy doing are digging roots e.g. ginseng, have never dug mushrooms but would like to do that sometime.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline miller

I'm 41 with 3 kids, we live in Mankato Mn. I enjoy fishing and everything outdoors and found this website from a link on another site.

I have a few friends that i'll tell about the site.

Offline rgfleck

39 nand happily married with 4 kids, love to take the kids out fishing and walking in the woods.

I work in Minneapolis as a technician for a phone company, looking for a different job though. ;D

I really enjoy this site, I am a member of a few other webistes and this seems to be one of the best, it's in my favorites now.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
I'm Lee Borgersen and will be 61 yrs old in June. Married for 41 yrs, 8 months, and 1 day so far. Have two sons 32 & 36 along with one cat named Max. I've been elected to the sites pro staff and hope to contribute some interesting information. I live in IL and I'm a full time fishing guide in S/E WI.

So far the only member from this site that I've had the pleasure to meet in person was Dr. Bob when up on Basswood Lake. Every year I head up to the BWCA for a 3 week stay. For me it's a very sad moment when my annual Basswood pilgrimage comes to an end. So, I always remove hat, look back at Basswood Lake, bow my head and thank The Lord for the wilderness experience. Then I wipe that one big tear from my cheek and head for home till next year.

I love the state of MN and wish I could be a resident instead of just a wannabe. All of my vacation time for the last 30 yrs has been spent in the Ely, MN area and I've established a lot of great friendships in the area. One of my favorite moments is when a client takes the time at days end to tell me the he's learned a lot on his guided trip.

SMG
« Last Edit: April 04/30/06, 05:14:07 PM by smallmouthguide »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline deer hunter 123

Hi I am Charles Kor and i'm 18 and live in Russell MN. I love to Hunt Fish, Trapping, 4-Wheeling, Snowmobiling, & Camping.

Offline Harold

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey everyone - This is Harold er Leaky er Schmakes er Jim - Depends on what forum you happen to be on.

I'm 45, married 17 years, no kids.? Grew up in Ely - which I still consider home.? Make my living in the da Cities - selling & consulting for a national payroll service.

Spend weekends at our place on Round Lake, outside of Garrsion.? Hope to be living there full time in the next year or so.

Three of favorite things to do:

Sitting around a campfire on Basswood with good friends, a warm fire, a cold Schmidt and some walleye frying in the pan.

A week at my buddies cabin on Burntside in mid-September.? Catching crappies up the Dead River,?a cold Schmidt, taking saunas, and eating like kings.

Sitting in a fish house on Red Lake with good friends, a cold Schmidt, and a couple of nice slabs (soon to be walleyes) to fry up for dinner.
My initial response was to sue her for defamation of character, but then I realized that I had no character.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
I'm still laughing about smallmouthguide's handy vocabulary lesson.

Today's word from the Chicago Public School System:
      OMELETTE
      Let's use it in a sentence:

"I should pop yo ass fo what you jus did, but omelette dis one slide"

Fawkinnae - I'm Doug. I live in Maple Grove, married two kids, Son is a sophmore in college at University of Wyoming, daughter is a junior at Wayzata.  I think I'm 53. Grew up in Fridley. Spent lots of time as a kid hunting, fishing, trapping and exploring on Rice Creek and the Mississippi River.  More of the same on my grandparents farm in Corcoran. Survived the great Fridley tornado of 1965 and the San Francisco earthquake of 1989.  I've been a designer for about  30 years now.  Mainly graphic design and landscape architecture. I'm interested in doing more design related to the hunting, fishing and outdoors industries.

I love to go fishing.

Me in the middle. Some famous ex-wrestler on the left.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
HI! my name is dave, i am 49 and married for 25 years to a vary loveing and understanding wife(quite often a fishing and hunting widow) with 3 kids? 1 girl and 2 boys . they are 24,23 and18 and we are all the true AMERICIAN SPORTSMAN FAMILY. i live in the brainerd lakes area,and operate a small logging and wood products business. i like to fish trout ,crappie, and eyes. for hunting it is the white tail, and black bear .? :)
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline Hick_Fisher2005

My names Josh Flem, im 17 years old and attend Andover High School. Ive hunted and fished since i can remember and still spend and love every minute i can get in the woods or on teh water. Im looking forward to the opener and then deer hnting next fall.

Josh
City life blows, im headin north

Offline shakey legs 2

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hi,

My handle is Shakey Legs2.  I am a Middle School principal and enjoy chasing crappies on Red, walleyes on any lake in Minnesota and Canada and roosters in Minnesota, Iowa and the Dakotas.  I have a daughter age 22, wife of 37 years and two springer spaniels.  I will be retiring next year so will have more time to chase around doing the things I like to do.  I appreciate the good information and stories shared by everyone.
I fish not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant - and not nearly as much fun.? Robert Traver "Anatomy of a Fisherman"

Offline PUTZ

• Outdoorsman
Hi I  am Don better known as PUTZ and I guess I've been that way for A while , Got forced into retirement, been married for close to 44 years , 3 boys  that go by the names of Jigglestick , Deano-machino and Kibbles I think thats all of em no girls.  Like to spend time at the Villa close to my deer stand and cooler by campfire.
 Live in Fridley for bout 11 years and I am the best at truck jumping .
By the way Buckhead & I are the best horseshoe slingers around, we have the trophy to prove it . ;D
Lets talk this out over A campfire.
And A cool Miller lite.

Offline SoHawk

• Outdoorsman
WELL I suppose I should put a few words in here too.  My name is Mike and I am 40 years old.  I am divorced with three kids that live with me.  I have a GF and we have lived together for the last 5 years.   She has two teenage children.  I work as a maintenance supervisor for a window company in St Cloud, and live NW of Milaca.  I have been an IBOT for about a year and a half.  Greatest bunch of folks I have ever met.  I love to fish (especially in the winter) and hunt some too.  I also like trapping my own bait.  I look forward to meeting all of you that I haven't met yet at the various MNO and IBOT get togethers.   ;D

Offline ATM

• Outdoorsman
Hi Im Adam  I am 31 years old and have been married for 9 years and now have a 16 month old son.  I am a police officer in the metro area.  We currently live in Crystal but are in the process of building a house by lake waconia.  My biggest passion is pheasant hunting followed by waterfowl hunting and ice fishing.  Now that it has hit 70 once I am ready for fall. I have an English pointer and have just talked my wife into allowing another dog once our house is finished.  I am leaning towards a German Wire Haired Pointer. I have met a few people from this site and look forward to meeting others. Adam

Offline Xplorer

• Outdoorsman
Xplorer, AKA Chris.....44 years young and still able to hump a 16' loaded Lund with a 25 over the portages into Basswood ;) (thats for you Harold, ;D ;D)? Been married to the same fantastic wife for 17+ years, and have an almost 4 year old son who thinks he's 10.
He's had the childhood I would have loved, i counted and he has already spent 42 nights tent camping on the islands of Namakan and Kabetogama lakes with the folks (15 more this summer too).
Voyageurs National park is my personal nirvana on earth, plan to spend 4 months each year of my retirement cruising its waters on a houseboat, and every possible day i can until that time!!?
Been able to spend some quality boat time with Doc Bob and Harold, and there are no 2 finer gents to spend a day in the boat with than these guys.?
Live outside cloquet and enjoy trolling on Lake Superior, fishing for eyes, and spending time with the family sledding, camping and hiking out west in the Rockies.
Xplorer

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks for the kind words Chris!  Good to see you here buddy!

I can hardly wait for my guided adventure to Namakan ;D.