Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New to MNO? Please introduce yourself  (Read 359887 times)

Offline Harold

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Chris - There ain't no 44 year old alive that humps a loaded fishing boat over the portages better than you!

As Doc & I were talking this weekend, really looking forward to getting up to Namakon with ya.? We don't get many chances to hang out on the water.? This should be a dandy!
My initial response was to sue her for defamation of character, but then I realized that I had no character.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Welcome X Man

So far no enviro wacko's have infiltrated this site.? With you here at Harold's side I'm sure you guys will keep them in line if they penetrate the front lines. :police:

What ever you do don't let Montana find out about this site. :-X
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Well that makes at least 4 of us here now who are kinda partial to Basswood. 

I wonder if there is more? ;D

If you are lurking feel free to yump right in :).

Offline Harold

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
You're right SMG.? The tree huggin, granola munchin, keep people out the forest Monty's might find a little different point of view here.
My initial response was to sue her for defamation of character, but then I realized that I had no character.

Offline Xplorer

• Outdoorsman
Morning Jim, good? to see your alive and well ;D
I can tell you one thing, as fun as Basswood is, I wont mind (and my back will thank me profusely!) just dropping the rig in the water and letting 90 horses haul the three of us to wherever we're going.? Only 65 days til "Operation Voyageurs" commences, you still planning on driving up to my place on that wednesday night??
Have yourselves a good long weekend, I'm taking Junior over to grandma/grandpa's on saturday and he's staying for the week, so ma and I get a week alone ;) ;)......actually ma's on-call all weekend and we have a couple landscape projects to get done, and it's amazing how much more gets done when we are "Junior-less" for a couple days:)
Xplorer
« Last Edit: May 05/23/06, 08:35:18 AM by Xplorer »

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
It's good to see some new faces in here. Welcome to MNO everyone.
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline Harold

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Ya Chris - Still planning on Wednesday night.  Actually just turned my time in for those days off today.  Are we planning on coming out on Sun or Mon?

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
You guys can't be starting ahead of me!? That would not be fair :police:.

You have doctor's orders to come up and spend Wednesday evening at the Main Clinic.? This is so the Doctor may administer intense hydraulic therapy to you before we leave on this adventure.? It could be vital in the long term to take this extra precaution :o.

Offline Xplorer

• Outdoorsman
Jim and Doc,
  I need to come back out on sunday, we usually break camp late morning and head out around noonish.  Doc, we will definitly plan on heading up to your place Wednesday. If the weather is decent we could even think about heading all the way up and setting up camp. Wouldnt take but a few minutes to load your stuff in my truck and head out. 
  Have yourselves a great weekend ;D ;D

Offline Harold

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Excellent - I love it when a plan comes together ;D

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Offline JD

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Andover
My name is Jeff, I'm 33 years young and live in Andover.  I have been involved in hunting and fishing my whole life.  I am married and have two boys who are 7 and 5.  I do most of my fishing on Leech Lake, where I have a lake home, and do most of my hunting in the Glenwood area on property that my dad and had passed down to us from my late grandfather.  My favorite part of fishing is being able to watch my boys reel in fish, I enjoy the catch just as much as them.  I have been on other websites like this and this one is by far the best, keep up the good work fellas.

Offline JeffyO45

• Outdoorsman
Name is Jeff (clever screen name huh?).  27 years old.  5 year anniversary was in May with a wonderful understanding wife.  7 month old daughter was our first.  She was born Oct. 14th last year and unfortunately caused me to miss my first MN pheasant opener in 8 years.  Oh well, it was worth it.  Still trying to convince my wife I can go on opener this year and be back in time for the 1st b-day party.  Pheasant hunting (along with training my 4 year old yellow lab), followed by bass fishing, followed by ice fishing for anything are the things I spend all of my free money on.  I pretty much enjoy doing anything outdoors but the Chief Financial Officer (the wife) limits my spending money therefore I have had to prioritize to the three aforementioned activities.  I enjoy walleye fishing and hunting pretty much anything I can find time to hunt.  Live in Watertown in a housing development for now (until we find that perfect house on 5 acres on a lake).  Work as a beancounter (accountant) for a publicly traded engineering company in Eden Prairie for now (until the wife starts making six figures by herself then I will be Mr. Mom).

I have never been to the BWCA and have a great desire to get familiar with the world famous Basswood lake.  It's only a matter of time when our kids get old enough.  I don't want them to miss out on things like that like I did.

Offline SoHawk

• Outdoorsman
.? This is so the Doctor may administer intense hydraulic therapy to you before we leave on this adventure.? It could be vital in the long term to take this extra precaution :o.

Whoa Doc yur scarin' me!!!  :o :o ;D

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Sorry Hawk, didn't mean to scare ya.  8)

Welcome Jeff(s),

If you ever want info on Basswood just give me a hollar.  I am pretty familiar with the east end (motor zone) of it anyway.  I'll be headed that way a week from tomorrow.

Offline dkhntr

• Outdoorsman
My name is Chris I am 35, I live in South Saint Paul. Married, 3 Boys. Love to hunt ducks, and when I have time maybe get a line wet.
KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY!

Offline gar

• Minnow
Hi I'm gar, I'm 55years old, and engaged (you would think at that age I would know better) I'm a ibot (#111) fish red lake , hard and soft water. Hunt deer and ducks, in MN,& N.Dakota, work in Rochester for a computer company (big blue) thinking about retiring soon.  gar

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Welcome to MNO gar.

Offline GOGETTER

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm Geno, 60, married 43 years, hunting SD pheasants, fishing, Tn. SD. Canada, Mn, and Montana or what and wherever they're biting.  Retired Airline, now getting fishing and hunting money at Graco.  Live in Oakdale.  2 boys ,1 has passed on.  2 great grandkids.  Very understanding wife  ;D.  This is a great site for fun and info.  Keep up the great site. Also hit the golf ball once in a while.
GENO

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Welcome Geno!

We are very happy to have you!

Sorry to hear of the rough road you've had to deal with.?

Fishing will make you stronger :).

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
I too would like to welcome you GENO!
welcome aboard!
i am looking forward to some stories of your tales of your out and about experiences.
i love to hear about places and adventures i have not had the opportunity to partake in.
keep in mind that we do have a golf forum and a couple very knowledgeable members to get pointers from too.
feel free to beat the virtual ball around there.
thanks for joining :)
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline Kygal

• Outdoorsman
Howdy from the Great State of Kentucky! :)

My name is Rhonda and I am a Taxidermist as well as Mom of 2 lovely girls!

I Love anything about the outdoors!
when I figure out how to post pictures I will post some of my work here...

Hey JiggleStick! I made it ;)
~*~ Kygal ~*~

the one and Only! :D

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Welcome to MNO Kygal. :)  I'd like to see some of your pictures too.

The easiest way to post pictures on this site is to use the uploader provided in the forums. When your replying to a message, click on "additional options" this will open up several options for you, click on browse and it will browse your computer for your pictures, select the one you want to post and its done. No hosting site necessary if you do it this way. The only negative is sometimes you will have to resize your photos.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Kygal

• Outdoorsman
Thank's Spinach Let me see what I can do....May Have to use the PB if I cant find any on the Computer.....
these were taken before I got the shop re-did
so look over the mess...lol
cross your finger's!

~*~ Kygal ~*~

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
NICE buck did you do it or take it? Just curious either way it's nice. ;D
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kygal

• Outdoorsman
I wish I took it! :o
it's one that I stuffed for a guy....
thank's for the compliment..... :)
~*~ Kygal ~*~

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
Welcome KYGAL!! :)

you know, i forgot about your taxidermist talents. they would be well suited for discussion here.
i hope you enjoy the laid back atmosphere we try to maintain.
we are a relatively small site, but with quality members like yourself providing quality tips and information it is just a matter of time before we are clicking right along.

feel free to browse around and check out our features. let us know what you like, or if you have any comments for areas we could improve in.

i am glad to have you on board.
if you have any questions fell free to contact me or any of the staff members.
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline Kygal

• Outdoorsman
Well thank's Jiggle.......I'll snoop around and Be of assistance anytime if you need me...

I Love to share what I have learned about taxidermy with other folk's....

gonna go look around..............ttys!
OH Like your sig line.......LMAO! ;D
~*~ Kygal ~*~

Offline Duke

• Minnow
HI,

I WORK WITH LEECH ANGLER AND HE SHOWED ME THIS SITE. I CURRENTLY LIVE IN COON RAPIDS AREA AND HAVE ONLY LIVED IN MINNESOTA JUST OVER A YEAR. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN INTERESTED IN HUNTING AND FISHING. I HAVE FISHED IN THE OCEAN MOST OF MY LIFE AND NOW I AM READY TO START HUNTING. I DID A LITTLE PHEASANT HUNTING LAST SEASON AND I WAS HOOKED. THATS WHERE I CAME UP WITH THE NAME DUKE. DUKE IS ACTUALLY MY NINE MONTH OLD GERMAN SHORTHAIR. I LOVED PHEASANT HUNTING SO MUCH I WENT OUT AND BOUGHT DUKE. THIS WILL BE HIS FIRST HUNTING SEASON AS WELL. HE HAS ALREADY HAD STARTED DOG TRAINING AND HE WILL BEGAN ANOTHER MONTH LONG TRAINING IN SEPT.  JUST OUTSIDE OF CAMBRIDGE AT THE KENNEL WHERE WE BOUGHT HIM. I BOUGHT HIM FROM RAINBOW KENNELS AND I'LL TELL YOU WHAT THIS DOG IS AMAZING. EVEN BEFORE HIS TRAINING, I CAN'T WAIT TO GET HIM OUT IN THE FIELD. WELL I GUESS THAT'S IT FOR NOW.

BYE DUKE
SM KEMPER

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Welcome to MNO Duke. Sounds like you got yourself a great pup. You may find a few of us around here that like to chase the old ditch parrots. In fact, there has been some recent rumblings over in the "Events/Get Together" forums about a MNO pheasant hunt in September. Your welcome to come along. Will the pup be back from training by then? There is no better way to get that pup on some birds than a trip to the game farm.