Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New to MNO? Please introduce yourself  (Read 359903 times)

Offline JD

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Andover
Glad to see you got on here Duke.  I think you'll really enjoy this site, I've been on several of the other sites like this and this one is the best.  Good guys and gals on here, with a good variety of information. 

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Welcome Duke!?

The pup sounds great!? I envy you, I can hardly wait to get my next one. There is nothing like watching a good dog come of age.? They just get better and better as the years go by (just like us ol'docs? ;)) .

Ya I kinda like to chase them ditch parrots too :D.? I am kicking around that get-together idea and hope I can pull it off somehow.? I guess it depends on if the kids are home that weekend and how the cash flow is going by then.? How do you guys feel about young guns on this shindig?? This is my sons first year and I'd like to take him if he happens to be home then.? He is a good boy and I have started him on shooting trap so he has some, and will have more, experience by then.? I also have a Golden Retriever who knows her way around those silly colored birds and is pretty good mannered too.

Leech Angler Welcome too!  Sorry I didn't catch you earlier, I have not been keeping up as well as I'd like lately.  You are right about your comments on the site and its membership.? I like it here too, thats why I decided to help out.

I had to come back and add something - Duke, I got a question for you.? Where on the Ocean have you been fishing?? I was out on the Atlantic off R.I. one time the year before last. We caught a bunch of Blue Fish but the charter sucked :-[.
« Last Edit: July 07/19/06, 11:55:15 PM by Dr.Bob »

Offline hunter

Hi all...Brian here, aka hunter....I`m 37 years old and addicted to all huntin...especially deer. I`m married 5 yrs. and have 2 kids from my ex wife...son 17 and daughter 15

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Welcome to the site Hunter/Brian. I'm sure you will find many here with that same problem. Some of us are even addicted to Fishing! It causes us problems all year long.  ;)

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Welcome to the site hunter Brian. I'm still trying to figure out how I can get rich off my addiction. until then I'm gonna go broke tryin' ;)
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline bowhunter73

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Cedar, MN Member #113
Hey Hunter glad to see you made it.like i told you before ?if you dig around you'll find some good info/story's. If you have a ? or new topic somebody here can most likely help.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?bowhunter ? ?(USPS)T-3
Are you a hunter or do you just kill things? Respect the wildlife!

Offline vickieschessies

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hi My name is Vickie I'm 42 been married to an avid hunter for 23 yrs. I have 2 boys that love to hunt also. I hunt waterfowl and upland. My favorite gun is my SP10. My husband and I have a farm with all the critters in northern MN.

My hobbies are breeding dogs(23yrs) and my Belgian Draft Horses.

When I work  :laugh: I'm a cosmetologist
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. -Robert A. Heinlein
                   MNO Prefered sponsors

http://www.fawkinnae.com

Offline DIRTBALL2

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Good morning all. I'm here to introduce myself but not sure how to properly proceed. Don't want to sound like a pompous a**. Guess I'll start by freely and openly admitting that I consider Dr Bob and jigglestick to be friends of mine. Mygawd! I'm shot down allready? ;D ;) I'm a retired Auld Phart, married 40+ years(All to the same girl) and I live in Warroad,MN. Actually I only really live when I'm on the water. When I was still working, I owned my own beauty salon and suntanning studio in Uptown Mpls.(Yes vickiechessie, I'm an old "hairbender" too!) Did that for 29+ years. Now I occupy my time by trying to fish every available minute I can, cutting wood for my sauna, living vicariously on the Internet, and just try to stay out of trouble with the law. I see quite a few familiar names here so I feel at home allready. I won't divulge my secret "honey holes" but more than happy to share anything I know related to fishing. All I ask is that you not judge me by the guy's I like to hang out with!  :o :angel: :laugh: ;) DIRTBALL2 ;)
"You can't BS an old BS'er"

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
 :laugh: WELCOM DIRTBALL2, like your intro. down to earth and out front. you dont sound any differant then the rest of the members. a lot of info and good laughs, its a great site!
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
vickie and Dirtball2
WELCOME!!
i hope you like what you see here at MNoutdoorsman. we are gaining more members everyday. with the help of people just like yourselves we will be one of the best places on the web to hang out.

Vickie is a breeder of chessapeake bay retrievers and german shorthairs.

I sold her a male a number of years ago and he is a tank.
If you are looking for a new hunting companion, she is located near jacobson,MN.
we will soon include her weblink for easy access.

thanks for the hair-do vickie. just in time for the weekend heat wave.
thanks for stopping in.

Dirtball2...hey there you auld phart!
glad you made the jump.
I have been unable to access my PM's at the other place so if you need me, this is where i am at.
we just had the fourth anual IBOT fest this weekend and you can read about the details  here in the forum.
I wish you could have made it.
settle in and drop me a line when you get a chance. good to see you here!
Jigglestick
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline DIRTBALL2

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
jigglestick, Hey you Auld Phart! Who you calling an auld phart! :laugh: Mygawd! There are so many familiar names here that I used to see on that "other site!" Feels like old home week. So this is where you all went. Mostly I came over here cuz I missed your rambling missives about all the members of your motley crew. Also had to keep an eye on that wonderful molder of character, Dr Bob. I've allready met one great member of this site, david stelter. Sure have enjoyed BS'ing with him. I'm trying to dazzle him into buying the 6HP Evinrude I have for sale. I knew right away that he was cool when I told him he had to submit a resume listing his better qualities before I could sell him this pearl of all outboardmotordom. Just wanted to make sure it was going to a good home.  He didn't bat an eye and sent me a resume although I think he was having a hard time typing cuz he seemed to be laughing a lot. Anyway, I thought he was a very cool dude. Moochass, grassyass for the very nice welcome. Looking forward to BS'ing with you guy's! ;D :laugh: ;) DIRTBALL2 ;)
"You can't BS an old BS'er"

Offline hunter

Thanks for the warm welcome all ;D  I look forward to sharing some good stories.

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
 ;D  :laugh: GEEEE! thanks there dirtball2  for the great aplaud, just one old BSer doing the same as any other BSer. here i set all lonely hearted trying to sh** but only pharted!!!!!!!   WELCOME TO THE SITE.  woodchuck :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141

Offline Nickle

I'm Nicole 26.  Originally from Wisconsin misplaced in Minnesota for now.  Have a four year old son.  William Peet VII.  In college for accounting.  Dicorvced for about three years now and looking for a guy about 35 who I can take care of when I'm done with my college.
I.B.O.T. #???

Offline Russ-Judy

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Nickles you better improve your hammerslogin and horse shoe tossing first- hope someone got a pic of the hammer you used last

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
I never pitched a shoe in my life until the IBOT fest. I've actually been looking at getting a set of my own shoes and practicing a bit.

Offline A-Rod

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey There.  Im Alex from Andover.  I went with A-Rod cuz I someone called me that once and it doesn't get as many questions as Stinkyfingers.  Im a 30 YO working in software support.  I love to fish and do most of it up at the cabin on Edward.  I've been trying to find time to get into bird hunting but I haven't been able to convince the wifey that guns and outdoors are a great way to keep our 4 YO out of trouble.  I have a 1YO girl and 4YO boy.  I have about 5% intrest in a yellow lab that got evicted from our house when the girl was born.  ::)  Take it easy!

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Welcome to the site A-Rod. If you ever do get that gun your welcome to come along with me. My wife was the same way, but my oldest is going to carry his new youth shotgun for the first time this fall.  ;)

Offline A-Rod

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thanks.  Ill keep it mind.  Since were not heading nort dis weekend Im thinking Ill take the kid over to Game Fair.  If I can get him talking in a language other than wine I think itll score some points with the head mistress.

Offline vickieschessies

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea. -Robert A. Heinlein
                   MNO Prefered sponsors

http://www.fawkinnae.com

Offline Bass Assasin

• Minnow
I was a big walleye nut until I was 21. Then I went bass fishing (and I don't mean circling the lake throwing a northland spinnerbait). I haven't been walleye fishing since although I still catch a bunch every year. I'm 26 and spend all year bass fishing until the water freezes. Then I get drunk and go ice fishing like everybody else.

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
hay y'll i'd be Jon aka? iceman ..
well lets start off slow..
i'm 40 live in north central minnesota love to ice fish if you could't guess..
 and very single !

forgot to add i work at a 5 star golf course too..
« Last Edit: August 08/23/07, 09:02:25 PM by iceman »
On a quite nite up north you can almost here the deer laughing

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
nice to meet you guys  :)
iceman, I think maybe I have met you on another forum in the years past?

being a seasonal worker, I am with you on the ice fishing junkie deal. if it wasnt for deer season I think I would crack long before the ice formed across these northern MN lakes.

your GF...is she fumunda? or just visiting ;D

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman
nice to meet you guys? :)
iceman, I think maybe I have met you on another forum in the years past?

being a seasonal worker, I am with you on the ice fishing junkie deal. if it wasnt for deer season I think I would crack long before the ice formed across these northern MN lakes.

your GF...is she fumunda? or just visiting ;D

g/f is Angelfish..

yea i think i meet you too hmm but where maybe deer river outing ?

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
now thats a long distance relationship!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
 :) hey ! a big welcome to yet another MNO member. great fun, and good info plus more to share with every new member all around.

Offline iceman

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Angelfish

• Minnow
Hello everyone, I am Angelfish ..aka.. Angie. I am Jon .. aka.. Iceman's girlfirend from DOWN UNDER in the lovely land of Australia. I am still learning all there is about fishing of any sort. (still have my training wheels on)LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes Jigglestick, long distance relationships is  the pits sometimes, especially with the different time zones and different days. LOL.
BUT, it does make the heart fonder. Still one day I hope to meet Jon face to face and then  it will be happy FISHING days ahead LOL.

Well I better leave room for other comments,
TIGHTLINES......... bye for now... Angie.. aka.. ANGELFISH.. ;) :laugh: ;D
GREETINGS FROM AUSTRALIA...........MATEYS

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Welcome to the site Angelfish.

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
And if I haven't said it already....welcome iceman.