Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fishing report for Lake Oahe/Sharpe Pierre SD area for May 1st to May 5th 2013  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
The weather the last five days has been improving and the fishing for walleye spawning males is very good .A few big females are coming in but the main bite is still for the 15 to 18 inch males. I guided the Vanderlin Group from Sioux City to a couple of days of fishing catching limits of walleye/sauger on Sharpe. We pulled number 6 flicker shad plugs in around 10 fow and caught at least 50 fish or more. We then went out and tried for catfish and northern Pike but did poorly there coming in with only a half dozen fish. A real nice bunch of Iowa folks and everybody had a great time. I then guided a couple of repeat customers from Whiting Iowa Pat Purelick and his friend Kirby to three days of fishing doing both Sharpe and Oahe. We caught limits on Sharpe at West Bend fishing minnow /bouncers in around 18 fow. Then went up on the Cheyenne River On Oahe and got limits of over 15 inch walleye and caught real good numbers. Here we used both Minnow/bouncer rigs and Jigs with Gulp. We caught almost all of these fish in 4 to 10 fow but could only come up with four of the bonus walleye under 15 inches. Here again we probably caught around 50 walleye and a few smallmouth keeping a nice 17 inch avg. size limit along with 6 bonus fish under 15inches.Had a real good time with these guys and I am real lucky to have them for repeat customers. The forecast for next week looks a lot more like spring so I think the bite will continue to improve especially when the bigger female walleye come back on bite and as the water temps warm we should see more smallmouth and other species being caught. The northern bite is good for fishermen bank fishing with dead smelt rigs and stocker trout are still coming in around the marina below the dam.

Hutch's Guide Service

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch