Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 909930 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
That may be the biggest load of poo I've heard outta you yet!!!  :doah:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Gotta have the lights on dotch , oh wait ya grilling for sure. Some fine looking meals up and down this thread!!  :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm grilling chicky thighs as we speak!!!!!!!!!!    :taz:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
No grilling but tomorrow will be pot roast.  And maybe sous vide some chicken breast for chicken salad.  Tonite it is burgers but since it is raining, the skillet will be used. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline lovebigbluegills

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

[/quote] just fer that i be having green beans for supper tonight!!!!!!! :moon:

had venny steak on da grill sat up nort!!!!!!!!

You probably put katchup on both huh?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
naw just the venny steak!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline lovebigbluegills

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
No you didn't....did you???

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yez he did, hes a sick and twisted man. u should seethe gardening thread.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Smoked brisket sandwiches, curly fries from the garden with mixed vegetables....also from the garden. On grilled ciabatta bread.

And a John Daily to wash it down....

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ooooo...purty! Bet it was tasty too.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh man does that look tasty HD. If we don't do brisket the wife now and then picks up sliced smoked brisket from Sams which is really good as well.  :happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Been skinning deer in my "free" time....and we have our own smoke shop.
Since I'm just learning how to smoke meat (been smoking fish for years) This was the first trial we did through his smokers to learn the process. Once I learn the different brines & times (as he called it) I will give it a try in my new smoker "EAR"
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
If you guys are out there tonite, catch the ISS. 8:00 for here; type in yer location to get yer times. I've seen it six times this Summer; always a thrill.  :happy1:

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/view.cfm?country=United_States&region=Minnesota&city=Rochester#.WAatqeArKM9

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a great view on Saturday night, sitting at the dock cafe in Stillwater.  First a big rainbow.... Then the super moon came out from behind some clouds to the east, and then unexpectedly there was the ISS high in the sky.   

Along with a nice pepper burger, and a surly furious....  And the son in law picked up the check. 

Must be living right.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
No you didn't....did you???
yepper!!! :happy1: my grandson smothered his with horseradish!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Been skinning deer in my "free" time....and we have our own smoke shop.
Since I'm just learning how to smoke meat (been smoking fish for years) This was the first trial we did through his smokers to learn the process. Once I learn the different brines & times (as he called it) I will give it a try in my new smoker "EAR"
vota.do.cbacon Hd
78.50"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Had to try out the new portable unit tonight. Had been meaning to get around to it but circumstances weren't allowing it.  Mrs. Cheviot got me a Coleman Road Trip Sportster grill on sale a few weeks back. Did some onion and honey barbecue smoked brats from the local meat market to see how it operated. Gotta say, the burner was a lot hotter than I would've given it credit for so the brats were a little more done than I wanted. Oh well, toss together a few things and voila! We have supper. Had dessert earlier. Was driving around in the Stude by Blooming Prairie and like several of my other vehicles, it's programmed to stop at all DQ's. Mrs. Cheviot had a Peanut Buster Parfait and I opted for a Heath Bar Blizzard.  :happy1:

« Last Edit: October 10/23/16, 10:48:12 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oooh, nice unit!  The grill, that is! Blackened  swiss weenies...you may be onto something! Looks A-OK to me... :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like he overcooked the katchup too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, it looks good to me.  One of my favorite sides is good baked beans.  good luck.

Offline Cherrywood

• Outdoorsman
bison burgers on the grill yesterday with a little bit of apple wood.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice work dotch!! I'm not touching the blackened weenie thing  :bonk:. Things get chared from time to time, I always tell dinner guests you think the toilet can tell the difference?  :happy1: it's a quick sear to seal in the juices ..

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
We had thick pork steaks tonight with bacon wrapped taters. A new garlic weber rub which was really good. I'm under the lights like dotch has been doing it, the only downfall is the 6 o'clock news is almost over and it's dark...noboyno.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Figgered I'd throw some charcoal in the Weber and go stand in the rain and cold to see if I can make this crud go away....
Threw some mesquite maple CSR's on, and mashed some sweet taters with butter and nutmeg, and some skinned Minnysoda sweet corn.

WHOOPS...this is the WEEKEND grill thread.... :doah:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Great meal reb!! We ain't mad at ya, when one is retired everyday is a weekend.  :coffee:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
nice reber baby buggy bumper.
78.50"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Finally got back to the grill after a layoff. Beautiful night to grill while watching the neighbors farm all around me. Lamburgers with Grill Mates Hamburger seasoning, some baby bakers and some locally grown peas. House smelled absolutely wonderful as Mrs. Cheviot was finishing up her 8th pan of apple crisp for the day about the time I took the burgers off the grill. She's heading out for another 12 days on the road so may have to fire the grill up a few more times. Luckily she's leaving one pan of apple crisp for me. Only have 4 packages of burger left though so may have to resort to legs or chops. Darn!  ;)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
8th pan of apple crisp???! Good gawd man, have her swing down here with a pan! I'l trade her for some of reb's 'tater soup!!  ;D

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what I thought too.  That is a lot of apple crisp.  I love that stuff and am thrilled when the wife makes 1 batch...