Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900531 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
NOOO!!! DON'T!!! I was just kidding!!!! Boar made me say that!!!!     :bonk: I'm still trying to figger things put on this site, bear with me, please! I figger if Boar and Smur...er, Glenn can get around on it, I sure can!!!!    :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: May 05/02/16, 06:50:32 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
NOOO!!! DON'T!!! I was just kidding!!!! Boar made me say that!!!!     :bonk: I'm still trying to figger things put on this site, bear with me, please! I figger if Boar and Smur...er, Glenn can get around on it, I sure can!!!!    :rotflmao:

Hahaha....Glenn still has training wheels.....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Hahaha....Glenn still has training wheels.....

Front AND back.   :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Look for the onion label... ;) Where's that yardbird? Oh here's one...

Ya figgered it out Reb! I had faith in you! Looks phenomenous!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05/02/16, 10:41:24 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Hopefully the like button is a guy with the finger up.  You know saying you're number 1 ;)
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
After seeing you ribs i think that is what I am going to do RH.  I also would like to make some good homemade potato salad.  I like it nice and juicy with lots of eggs and mustard.  May have to get to work on that in the next few days so it is ready for Sat.   

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm still dealing with these darn temp dentures for about another month so it's still a pain to chew. Getting really tired of regular mashed potatoes and missing meat from the smoker so I might do smoke potatoes then mash them along with one of the three racks of ribs I'm saving for the perminate teeth. I usually like some chew to my ribs but I guess I'll have to make them fall of the bone soft this time because I'm really going through withdrawal of smoked/bbq'd meat, with a side of everyone's favorite green beans.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I tried smoking lamb one time but it made the papers all soggy and hard to light.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I tried smoking lamb one time but it made the papers all soggy and hard to light.

That's funny :happy1:

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm still dealing with these darn temp dentures for about another month so it's still a pain to chew. Getting really tired of regular mashed potatoes and missing meat from the smoker so I might do smoke potatoes then mash them along with one of the three racks of ribs I'm saving for the perminate teeth. I usually like some chew to my ribs but I guess I'll have to make them fall of the bone soft this time because I'm really going through withdrawal of smoked/bbq'd meat, with a side of everyone's favorite green beans.

That sounds great, green beans are my favorite.   ;)  Really.   I also like ribs a lot. 

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
I put the green beans on the menu because I know how much y'all just love them. Atleast I won't put ketchup on my ribs like somebody else who we all know would do  ;)
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Where's that darn like button again?  :bonk:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Well we know Reb just loves green beans for sure  :rotflmao:good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well we know Reb just loves green beans for sure  :rotflmao:good luck.

RH, I'm sufferin' enough right now!!!   Throw those danged things out the window!!!   ;)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Your a good man regardless of your WAY WRONG opinion of green beans.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I know you sure as heck are, RH.  Never been a doubt in what's left of my mind.

Offline Moon Lake Refuge

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Bacon weave around a rolled up slab of sausage stuffed with cream cheese, crab meat, jalepenos, onions, chives and possibly some baby shrimp.  probably whip up some twice baked tators with it too.  Been wanting to try them with a mix of red and bakers.  Think someone on the last site said they come out creamier that way.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bacon weave around a rolled up slab of sausage stuffed with cream cheese, crab meat, jalepenos, onions, chives and possibly some baby shrimp.  probably whip up some twice baked tators with it too.  Been wanting to try them with a mix of red and bakers.  Think someone on the last site said they come out creamier that way.

That sounds great Moon.  I will have that on my mind until I make it sometime.  Let me know how it turns out.  Let us know how long you cook it and at what temp.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

That sounds great Moon.  I will have that on my mind until I make it sometime.  Let me know how it turns out.  Let us know how long you cook it and at what temp.

I think my wife would really enjoy this meal.  If you can or want to write out the recipe that would be great but don't feel you have to.   :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's an awesome combo moon lake, a good old fashion fatty. 

Offline Moon Lake Refuge

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Recipe is all kinds of 'Ball parked' measurments for whatever sounds good ha!  Start with about 7 pieces of bacon and start weaving pieces in and out the other way.  Take a one gallon ziplock bag and cut the bottom corners off(to release air).  Put 1 lb of jimmy dean in and roll it flat.  Cut it out of the bag(Keep it nice and cold so its easier to work with).  I like to season both sides of the sausage with whatever rub you like, and lay it on the weave.  Put your cream cheese, peppers, onions, jalepenos, crab meat, shrimp and whatever else you like down.  Dont put any on the last 1/3 to 1/4 of the meat so the end sticks nice.  Roll it up nice and tight and tuck the ends in and pinch it up.  Think I had it at about 240 for 2-3 hours.  Hit it with some Apple last time for the first hour or so.  Depending on preference and cut of bacon I usually have to throw it in the oven the last 20 minutes or so at high heat to crisp up(The Mrs. hates rubbery bacon).  Give it a try, super easy and doesnt take to long!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I just got back from the store. Since this weekend is mother's day, I picked up a few items for tomorrow's dinner.  Time to fire up the redneck grill!

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like some nice NY strip steaks there in them family packs and some nice crab legs to boot.  I still got a bunch of those T-bones that Cubs had on for 4.99 a few weeks ago.  Grills will be smokin.  Those fatties Moon Lake is talking about is another gem.  good luck.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mmmmm...NY strips. More proof that God does indeed exist!  :happy1:

Did Mother's Day supper last night. Call it Boodles and Brats if you like. Mrs. Cheviot has been putting in some long hours lately so time for me to step up to the plate and be a hero.  ;) Needed something quick so grabbed a fresh bottle of Crown to replenish the supply, a 6 pack of Coke bottles for her and tracked down one of my faves, Boodles. Odd, I have this sudden urge to smoke a cigar, buy a bulldog, wear a derby and bitch slap Neville Chamberlain! Also picked up some fresh brats and buns. When I got the call that she was coming home about 5:30 last night I knew I'd done good. Tossed some stuff together after chores and she was happy. Nothing fancy and it was quick. Knocked her right out so she didn't paw me all night. Although I may take pity on her later today when she gets home. If she's real nice, I might let her lay the seat flat on the Studebaker and ravage me! Sometimes ya just gotta take one for the team...  :whistling:

Offline lovebigbluegills

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Looks good Dotch!!! What do you have between the brat and beans??

Offline ThunderLund78

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
All looks great but the Gin, Dotch! ;)

Can't even say the word "Gin" without getting a little queasy.
It way my first real jag WAY back in the day when I was a teenager trying to be cool when I realized the bartender at my sister's wedding wasn't carding. The golfers at the Waconia Country Club had a new hazard to avoid near the 18th green the next day! :puke:

Haven't touched it since.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A little dab of barbecue sauce lbbg. The bottle was about empty so it came out in a blob rather than a dollop. No Martha Stewart style points for that one.  :doah:

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Just warmed up the grill, Bacon wrapped Asparagus I just picked going on as soon as the Motherinlaw shows up.

Offline lovebigbluegills

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
A little dab of barbecue sauce lbbg. The bottle was about empty so it came out in a blob rather than a dollop. No Martha Stewart style points for that one.  :doah:

It looks like cabbage or some type of salad... I like bbq sauce with my brats too, no katchup!!!!

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
 Tamarind glazed pork loin 1 inch chops, an like corny we're havin asapargus wrapped in bacon. twice baked tatters with some rutabaga mashed in the tatter no cheese just butter.
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine