Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900902 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
He's living large, Barry.... :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
He's living large, Barry.... :happy1:
you like large neighbor ladies!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
It's easy to make .  You guys make all this fancy complicated meat and sausage and charcuterie, but don't do stuff like this. 

I'll post a recipe.   Maybe smoked apple crisp would be a thing?   How hot do those things get?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't know any cutie named Char.  Besides, all these big words just confuse Glenn and Boar, and then things get  vissé vers le haut, er, more screwed up.  :whistling:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
8th pan of apple crisp???! Good gawd man, have her swing down here with a pan! I'l trade her for some of reb's 'tater soup!!  ;D

Ya she uses the stuff as bribes to get people to do stuff for her. Hey wait a minute, you don't think she's trying to...!?!?!?! I hate myself when that happens!  :chef:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Send her down with a pan, Dotch, and I'll have a talk with her.  Better yet, have that female paddler bring it.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 11/08/16, 01:46:02 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess I better not bring you dessert.   You would probably want to "talk". ;)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You can chat while I eat the dessert. I'll let ya back in when I'm done.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 11/09/16, 07:17:04 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Decided to head to the meat market and pick up something so I could grill something other than lamb for a change. Got a flat iron steak, pre-marinated so it was easy-peasy on my end. Mrs. Cheviot was gone so I could cook it how I wanted rather than compromising or worse having her put me in one of them compromising positions!  ;) Used up the last of my hickory charcoal, grilling direct. Had a few GT's along the way and all of it was yummy including the apple crisp.  :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 11/10/16, 09:24:05 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Lookin' good! But, what happened to the butter on the bread? Chunky style?!  ;D

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I wondered if someone would notice that. It's some of that fake stuff they keep telling me to use to manage my cholesterol. If you don't let it get room temperature or nuke it to soften it up, well, it spreads like that. Was no butter I could locate either. Think Mrs. Cheviot used it all up on her apple crisp baking marathon.  :bonk:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Did you think you'd really sneak that by me? I can see an owlish look on yer face, trying to spread that, after all those GT's.... :rotflmao:
"Can't believe it's not butter" works for me. Best I've found, and nice and soft.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
They were out of Canola Harvest which I like and Promise which is my 2nd choice usually so I had to compromise (there's that word again;translates to I get screwed one way or the other) so subbed Smart Balance. Tastes OK but doesn't spread for crap when it's cold. Yer right, between being hungry as a bear and feeling the effects of the juniper berry extract I was in the deep weeds.  :cry:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see I'm getting a Fed-ex delivery today....would it be a large pan of apple crisp????   :scratch: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya I sent you my last piece. ;)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wowsirs! Another culinary cluster in the books...lol A couple butterfly chops that said "eat me" when I was at the meat market so naturally I couldn't resist. Mesquite seasoning with a dusting of curry powder on the chops. If you look real close you can see a little dollop of Mrs. Gerrys tater salad partially obscured by the squash. And Reb, I found a use for that Smart Balance stuff: Put it on the squash instead of the bread. That way no one can tell if you're bombed or not...lol

1st pic: Off to a good start...

Pic #2: Almost orgasmed after eating the homegrown Moregold squash. It was soooooo effin' gooood! Did I mention that I like color on my plate?  :happy1:

« Last Edit: November 11/11/16, 10:45:14 PM by Dotch »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, looks great Dotch!! What kinda pears are those sitting in the background? They looked sunburned! And ya used the fake butter on yer halloween punkie! Recycle; reuse.  Good job!  ;D I also think you've used the Word of the Day for us; a Dollop of tater salad. I shall now use that word in a sentence.
Looking at all his GI Joe's and Barbies, Smurfy decided he was going to have a "dress the dollop" day.    :rotflmao: :queen:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wow, looks great Dotch!! What kinda pears are those sitting in the background? They looked sunburned! And ya used the fake butter on yer halloween punkie! Recycle; reuse.  Good job!  ;D I also think you've used the Word of the Day for us; a Dollop of tater salad. I shall now use that word in a sentence.
Looking at all his GI Joe's and Barbies, Smurfy decided he was going to have a "dress the dollop" day.    :rotflmao: :queen:

If I'm not mistaken, I think they're red pears!  ;) Actually they're red Bartletts. They looked kinda good and I've bought them at Wagner's before. They had the yellow Bartletts too. Either way they need to ripen a few days yet but when they do, yum! Speaking of smurfy, do they make blue pears?  :woot:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
If he sits in a snowbank naked, bet he'd have a blue pair. Oh wait, wrong pear.  ;D

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Check out or google Red Anjou pears
 Bartlett are our favs for eaters,Bosch for pies
« Last Edit: November 11/12/16, 05:26:53 PM by dew2 »
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
That is a great plate Dotch!!!  I'd like to try that myself.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had one of "those" pork loin roasts that were on sale at Menard's this Spring. Had been in the freezer. I rubbed it with maple syrup, then covered it with smoked maple seasoning this morning. Wrapped it up tight in saran wrap and stuck in 'fridge until a bit ago. Popped it into the toaster oven at 350* for one hour; it just hit 160* and I pulled it. While it was resting in foil, whipped up some smashed taters and butter beans. I was able to cut it with my fork; it was like a soft marshmallow.  Second one I've had like this, I think cooking it in a little toaster oven, where there isn't so much dry heat and air as a big oven, is what makes the difference. Anyway, it was one of the best I've had. Dotch, note the smoothly buttered mini-ciabatta.   :whistling:   ;D

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks great Reb!!!  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks RH!  That's the second "Menards" pork roast I've had like that...I'm gonna keep making them in that little toaster oven. I notice chicken comes out really fulla juice from there...I must be on to something. RH, ya think maybe  it's the smaller "area", thus keeping more moisture in, unlike a big oven?  :scratch:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Thanks RH. Plenty of leftovers if yer in the area.  :happy1:

Reb I admit, I was partially, OK mostly impaired so guilty as charged for crimes against butter substitutes! :banghead: Man them are some tasty lookin' vittles. :happy1: Like seeing the butter beans too, consumed with real butter I hope...lol. I agree about the toaster oven thing. Breaded chicken breasts here work much better in the toaster oven. Tender and juicy vs. tough and dried out. The pre-heat is lots quicker than our gas oven too.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
When yer down this way again, Dotch, stop in. We'll whip up something or go to an eatery and grab some platefuls. And we won't have to watch any bugs humping, either.  ;D  By the way, I'm still eating the just-turned-ripe 'maters yet.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Man dotch and reb, those meals smell wonderful. The Mrs and the whipper snapper have been otta town so the boy and I ate pretty much ate take out...I'm ready for a home cooked meal.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Best part are the thick day-after pork sammies.  ;D

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
If he sits in a snowbank naked, bet he'd have a blue pair. Oh wait, wrong pear.  ;D
training-087 :banghead: training-087 :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks RH!  That's the second "Menards" pork roast I've had like that...I'm gonna keep making them in that little toaster oven. I notice chicken comes out really fulla juice from there...I must be on to something. RH, ya think maybe  it's the smaller "area", thus keeping more moisture in, unlike a big oven?  :scratch:
really???????????? :scratch: :doah: a toaster oven????????? :doah: :doah: might as well get Dels suse de boil thingy!!!!!!!!!!!! :surrender: :surrender: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: