Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 908985 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I grill 'em for about 4-5  mns a side, at about 400*, then turn 'em, Barry. Brush 'em wid the italian dressing. Try the marinade with the meat in ziploc bag. It's great! Really flavors the meat.
« Last Edit: August 08/13/17, 05:52:48 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just thought I'd put this here, since it's about grilling. Was looking thru a bunch of 1963 Reader's Digest's I picked up, and they had an article about the latest "fad" that was really getting popular...."backyard grilling". They were talking about all the gadgets that have now come out to help with this latest "fad", rotisseries, charcoal lighters, and even special BBQ spices, including "sneezeless pepper". Article stated this coarse ground pepper was formally only used by sausage makers....RH, ya ever heard of that before? "Sneezless pepper?"  :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Just thought I'd put this here, since it's about grilling. Was looking thru a bunch of 1963 Reader's Digest's I picked up, and they had an article about the latest "fad" that was really getting popular...."backyard grilling". They were talking about all the gadgets that have now come out to help with this latest "fad", rotisseries, charcoal lighters, and even special BBQ spices, including "sneezeless pepper". Article stated this coarse ground pepper was formally only used by sausage makers....RH, ya ever heard of that before? "Sneezless pepper?"  :scratch:
AH.............CHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :coffee: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Brats, brauts, broughts, big tossed salad, fresh tomato's.  :tongue:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't go wrong with a juicy bat reb!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Ribs the ole campfire method, they'll get foiled after a while and sauced.....like me!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's interesting I'll bet it will taste good too!!!!

yesterday I smoked some hard boiled eggs for the first time, I'll do it again!!  but then I made deviled eggs for the first with them too.  GREAT!!!!
« Last Edit: August 08/19/17, 03:06:01 PM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Givin' a pork loin a heavy applewood smoke..

« Last Edit: August 08/19/17, 03:24:43 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have bacon on the smoker right now.  I will be grilling a ribeye later on my infrared grill with some hickory chips.  Tomorrow I am doing some spare ribs that I just put rub on along with a nice shot of molasses on them.  That is a new twist.  Will see how it works.  Lately I have been having a shot of molasses on my ice cream.  Wonderful...   Ok off topic sorry, And I am going to do some sweet corn on the grill too.  Haven't done that in years. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Gotta love action shots and techniques,  that's what it's about if you ask me. Pork loin n bacon and smoked eggs oh my!!!! I can't stand the thought of cooler weather but it will be nice to start up the cold smoking. The ribs just hit the foil and are super juicy!! :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is some pics of this weekends projects.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So here they are......   Duh..

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Takes me a few tries.   Thanks for the push to post the pics.  I do like everyones pics too.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks great! Cut me a  slab for bfast!  :tongue: :rotflmao: I love the chimney on the smoker....

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is a Green Mountain Grill  Rebs.  Daniel Boone model.  It is the medium sized one.  I have had it for about 4 years.  Works pretty good.  Great rib machine.  BUT I needed to get the Charbroil Infrared as I have mentioned before to get a perfect steak machine.   I keep looking at the Smokin-It smokers.  They look like a sweet and easy to use smoker.  BUT I do not need another one yet.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wanna try one of those infra-red ones out sometime. No one I know around here has one; guess I'll haveta motor on up some day.   :azn:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Early dinner...was up early this morning at 5:30 am. Made a batch of pea/ham mac salad while having cawfee.
A typical midwest meal....*NOM*NOM*  Had two ears of cawn. Two saved for tomorrow. It was great. Guy was just pulling his farm truck into the parking lot this am piled high with it when I got there. Cawn was still cool and damp...field fresh. Gotta love that about Minnysoda. WTH would ya buy it in a store?!  :doah:

« Last Edit: August 08/19/17, 05:04:08 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Lps,  great pics, its awsome to see others equipment and how everyone is grilling.  And as always reb a prefect looking spread. :happy1: The wife and i couldn't quite finish the rack, scalloped taters and broccoli salad....BURP..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Love the pile o' bones there.  :azn:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I wanna try one of those infra-red ones out sometime. No one I know around here has one; guess I'll haveta motor on up some day.   :azn:

Char broil grills are every where, I'm looking at $200. one, not sure yet about how good it is...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't mean BUY one, TRY one. Got two grills here already! Too much money into that Weber Spirit as it is.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I have two big charcoal units at home,one gas here at the cabin but there is no way to cook food better than over an open fire as far as grilling goes. Ya just cant beat nature's fuel!! That's why I'll never spend a bunch on grills..

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't mean BUY one, TRY one. Got two grills here already! Too much money into that Weber Spirit as it is.

OK OK now that you talk clearly I understand!!!   I'm still thing about one, just not about the grates????

porcupine  covered?????

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
ME talk clearly??!  Porcupines? grates??  Huh????   :scratch:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When I got mine the porcelain grates were less but I decided to go with the Signature series that was stainless and I think it was about $350.  Love it. Got mine at Menards.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ooohhh....PORCELAIN!! Thanks Barry! I missed catching that! I was wondering about a prickly porkypine on there...   :scratch: :rotflmao:  I had the porcelain grates on my other Charbroil, and I loved 'em. Far better than I do these cast iron ones on my Weber. They were a wide, true porcelain grate. Far easier to clean . These are a cow to scrape down.  :angry:
« Last Edit: August 08/20/17, 08:35:50 AM by Rebel SS »