Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900164 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup buy cheap cuts and there ya go!!!  perfect tender steak every time!! yea right!!!!  :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't remember it making much of a difference but we poured it on.  Have they actually confirmed that MSG is bad for us? 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I dunno. Gave a lot of folks severe headaches, flared up their asthma, did other nasty stuff I heard.

So let's ask MAYO.... :rolleyes:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/monosodium-glutamate/faq-20058196

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Here's the place Delmar was quackin' about.....home of wunnerful steaks. (Did you know it was started by "Hoss" on the TV show Ponderosa? True!)

And tell her to get her butt off the silverware counter!! :tut: :rotflmao:

https://youtu.be/DDQMoBFXWG4
« Last Edit: November 11/30/19, 02:11:49 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
The ponderosa here back in the day always had a waiting line. It was located in the mall , as kids the bro and I made sure we had steak juice on our hands when we left to hit the pet store across the hallway.. :happy1: 
« Last Edit: November 11/30/19, 03:48:44 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
there is one in St. Cloud yet, but I not eaten at one of them in many years...   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mr. Steak was OK....we never had much here for steak houses. That and Ponderosa.
Had to head up to the twin cities area for the good ones.
« Last Edit: November 11/30/19, 03:47:01 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
99% of the time if I want a steak I'll cook it at home.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

that is about it for me too...   I can get what I want!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And who can afford a good one at a restaurant?! 

Off the menu at one of the "mainstream" places here...... :doah:

6 Oz. Grilled Filet Mignon*   $29.00
Lean and tender, our loyal guests' favorite

6 Oz. Filet Wellington   $30.00
Red wine mushroom sauce, wrapped in French puff pastry and baked to a golden brown

14 Oz. Black Angus Rib Eye   $36.00
Well-marbled, tender, and juicy

8 Oz. Grilled Bavette*   $29.00
Rivals the tenderness of a filet, the most underrated cut of beef on the market. (medium rare recommendation)

10 Oz. Grilled New York*   $29.00
Hand cut in-house with a fine texture and buttery flavor
« Last Edit: November 11/30/19, 04:13:32 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yepper, I do have an outback giftcard from last x-mas laying around here somewhere though.. Should really go spend it on a blooming onion and all I can swill to burn it up.  :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
last time I had a steak out was texas roadhouse...……..maybe 3 years ago.

i'd prefer an olive garden......or buffalo wild wings. I've had some really good food at most sports bar and grills. if anyone ever is in fargo head up 45th , there's a wild bills which is really good...……..and they have peanuts!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Last nights grub was curly's homemade cheese hot diggity dogs and some ballparks. You guys remember toastie dogs from the school days?? Maybe middle school for me.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I can get into that big time.  Good work Bobber!!!  good luck.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I dunno. Gave a lot of folks severe headaches, flared up their asthma, did other nasty stuff I heard.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/monosodium-glutamate/faq-20058196

MSG is different from tenderizer enzymes from papaya or pineapple.   

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Last nights grub was curly's homemade cheese hot diggity dogs and some ballparks. You guys remember toastie dogs from the school days?? Maybe middle school for me.

Guaranteed Mrs. Boober will like yer wiener!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

MSG is different from tenderizer enzymes from papaya or pineapple.

MSG is not a tenderizer. It's a flavor enhancer.
« Last Edit: November 11/30/19, 08:12:00 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Apparently.  We were talking about pineapple and meat tenderizer.  Who got confused and added msg ?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
No one. I stated that MSG (Accent)* was a big seller back then too. Got it? Guess I missed yer subject change protocol somewhere.

I don't recall that??

Yes you do. '60's jar, then they changed image in the 70's and actually added garlic powder to  some of it. That, and also Accent sold a lot, I know, until they said MSG is really bad for ya.

Accent Seasoning – A flavor enhancer also called MSG (Monosodium Glutamate). It is commonly used in Oriental cooking. It is not a favored seasoning or enhancer in the United States as many people are allergic to it. It is an optional seasoning and can very easily be left out of recipes.
« Last Edit: November 11/30/19, 08:16:57 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
See whatcha started mikey ?? A pile of nonsense.. :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: November 11/30/19, 08:30:52 PM by Bobberineyes »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea nuttin but a dang instigator. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh well what can I say??   ;)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Apparently.  We were talking about pineapple and meat tenderizer.  Who got confused and added msg ?

We were talking about Adolph's and that of course brought up Accent that was also popular at the time when people really started grilling in the back yard.  I still remember my Dad saying that "we used to go to the steak house for a good steak.  Now we can make better ones at home."

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :shocked:  He has had a lot of lessons ;) & a real pro :evil: for a teacher. :rolleyes:  :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :shocked:  He has had a lot of lessons ;) & a real pro :evil: for a teacher. :rolleyes:  :laugh: :laugh:
reb  :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

We were talking about Adolph's and that of course brought up Accent that was also popular at the time when people really started grilling in the back yard.  I still remember my Dad saying that "we used to go to the steak house for a good steak.  Now we can make better ones at home."

I'm glad you keep track of this stuff Barry as well as glenn's list. I was amazed tho that he didn't howl about the yams and olives on the plate the other day... :rotflmao: Yer right, most of the time anyway one can grill a better steak at home than one you pay a whole lot more money for at a restaurant. Helps to be out here where some of the best beef in the country is produced.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I'm glad you keep track of this stuff Barry as well as glenn's list. I was amazed tho that he didn't howl about the yams and olives on the plate the other day... :rotflmao: Yer right, most of the time anyway one can grill a better steak at home than one you pay a whole lot more money for at a restaurant. Helps to be out here where some of the best beef in the country is produced.
that crap is just a given its not suitable for human consumption!!!!!!! :moon: :moon:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
There, that's better... :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
The grill wasn't covered over the weekend so might as well fire it up and melt it off. Bacon wrapped taters and sauce covered pork choppers, momma has a salad brewing to boot so I'm hoping that'll put her na night early... oh wait I'm sure it'll be ne snorin..